[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone suggest some nootropic, specifically, for studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: adhd_DW.jpg (176KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
adhd_DW.jpg
176KB, 600x430px
Can anyone suggest some nootropic, specifically, for studying purposes?

I need 2 things, not necessarily in a single drug.
>improved focus
>more energy

I was using modafinil (provigil) for the last week, started with 400mg, every day, doesn't seem to do shit. Before that, all those ginko, guarana south-of-mexico herbs only prevent me from sleeping, but don't actually give me energy, awake but tired. So the food supplement stuff is out of the question, also I don't feel caffenie from coffee/energy drinks at all. I am a bit lethargic and I have to invest like a fuckton of effort to do shit. Only thing that's helped me so far is speed. I tried to get my hands on Adderall, which has a clear label on which 4 amph salts it consists of, unlike the dumpster-cooked grabage, but unfortunately, my country is more concerned about psychological dependence (amphetamines) than physical one (benzos) [Read: The requested substance is N/A in your country].

Reason I'm looking for something else is because I can't live my life on speed, I've tried it, it's really amazing, even the (15-5)% purity garbage locks me down tight, focus sharp, energy in, suppressed hunger. I never used it for partying or going out, waste of studying stim. I just wanna use it as an emergency break when needed, also the garbage I get probably has a solid amount of L-amph because of all the sweating and comedown effects, but I can totally handle that, what I'm most worried about is tolerance development.

I realize the more dangerous it is, the more stimulative it gets, I don't want to go into extremes, CNS are amazing but tougher to find than a fucking leprechaun. Provigil works for some, I'm not one of those people I guess.

I just need some spice to study hard, my days are long and my stack of books even longer. I take joy in my studies, but doesn't mean I don't get distanced, deattached, mentally exhausted, foggy and willing but not able.
>>
>>17569393
Use the pomadoro technique and drink strong coffee with sugar. Better than any of those drugs you've mentioned. I passed a college course with a 97 percent grade with it my first time I used it. I love it and use it for everything I do. I hope this helps.
>>
>>17569409
Do you mean you learn the course material in one sitting?
>>
>>17569454
Yes I learn most of it in one study session. I don't feel that mental fatigue because of the intervals. It's actually really great. That's why I geuss some classes are getting shorter nowadays.
>>
>>17569475
Which class was it? Also why sugar in the coffee, doesnt that just get you hyped up?
>>
>>17569475
This guy here is mah nigga.

I do the exact same thing (software engineer):

Slack off the entire semester (I do the assignments though-- half-assedly), then cram the night or morning before the exam, on a massive caffeine kick.

I usually make top marks in the class too. When I tell people what I do, they are shocked. They are like "dude, you must be some kind of genius to cram all this stuff, I work hard all semester and I just get B's".

But when I don't drink coffee before an exam, when I take things slow, and study over the course of several days like "experts" advise you to, then I get shit marks. One semester, I got a 95% on the midterm (binged on coffee), and a 40% on the final (didn't).

Don't go overboard though, you might get too jittery, or give yourself a heart attack.
>>
>>17569540
P.S. I just looked up "Pomodoro Technique" and it seems like it's something completely different.

I do recommend learning everything in one sitting though through pure focus.

Don't recommend sugar. It makes you jittery and anxious and makes it harder to think.
>>
>>17569554
Wait, who are you? And what did you originally think it was?
>>
>>17569554
So..... you're saying to drink a shitload of coffee, sit down and read over all the chapters in ine sitting? Lol you people are crazy.
>>
>>17569571
If its a bullshit class like a history elective, I wake up at like 6AM and study the morning-of.

If it's something serious, where there is a huge amount of material (like a hundred pages of technical and mathematical junk), I go over things lightly beforehand and write out all the important pages, concepts and formulas.

I do go to classes, but about half the time I goof off on 4chan and don't pay attention and learn things for the first time while doing the assignments or cramming.

That's just what works for me. I am a terrible procrastinator, and cannot get anything done if there is free time. The pressure of doing everything last minute keeps me motivated to stay focused. The caffeine is the miracle drug that makes it physically possible.
>>
>>17569564
I am >>17569540

I just saw that he drank loads of coffee and did everything in one long session like me. I overlooked the "pomadoro" part entirely and didn't notice it at first; but whrn I noticed it, I looked it up and realized it's not the same thing as what I do.
>>
Last time I had this "coffee mentality" like the rest of my country, I drank 2 cups right before getting it on to study and finish some assignments.

>very mild case of a tornado-that-had-sex-with-a-hurricane bowel movements
>jittery, jumpy, tweaking

As soon as I hit the bed, after about 45 minutes of "studying/shitfarting", I went to sleep. Literally wasted more time because I tried to increase productivity like most people do.
>>
Ah yes, the ol' "drugs and I'm special" will fix it technique. Pro-tip OP, if you don't want to be a burn out loser like the rest of these kids, practice your learning while you're in college.

I mean, if you think you're smarter than the scientists in the links below, by all means, cram for your tests.
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.558.9401&rep=rep1&type=pdf
http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic951136.files/powerOfTestingMemory-roedigerKarpicke.pdf
http://memory.psych.purdue.edu/downloads/2012_Karpicke_CDPS.pdf
http://tdlc.ucsd.edu/educators/educators_ask_the_scientist_kang.html
http://www.apa.org/gradpsych/2011/11/study-smart.aspx
>>
>>17569393
smoke meth
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.