[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i get literally triggered by some things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (15KB, 343x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
15KB, 343x338px
When I was 16 i did some stupid things and cut myself.

I'm basically 100% better now, and dont feel at all at risk of a repeat performance. The only problem is that I now have, for lack of a better word, a "trigger".

For example, I watched Event Horizon with my friends the other day, and theres a scene where a dude has a flashback to his wife slitting her wrists. I said I needed to go to the bathroom, and I puked once I got there. Similarly, I felt extremely nervous and sick when one of my friends got a light scratch from a tree branch on his wrost.

Its not practical to have such a crippling aversion to a not-uncommon event that might be depicted in various medias, but after 6 years of this...
phobia, I dont know how to fix myself.

How do I cure having a "trigger"?
>>
>>17568693

Pull it
>>
>>17568715
Bop it
>>
>>17568715

ha.

but for real, this is debilitating
>>
>>17568718
Twist it
>>
>>17568717
Fling it
>>
I read a bit into it, and the best way to get over these triggers is to get exercising and moving so you focus on sensory input instead of your thoughts.

If all else fails, masturbate. While your heart is racing and you're panicking, you can trick your body into thinking you're having sex instead of being terrified, and things will smooth over.
>>
LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY

omg like literally. guys literally

LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY
>>
>>17568693
Your issue probably runs deeper. So what's the story behind the cutting?
>>
>>17569218
>REEEEEEEEEEEE
>re re ree
>REEEE
>>
Go to a psychologist and talk to them about how to overcome something like this. If you won't or can't - and you definitely should - look around on this website for something pertaining to overcoming situations like this.
www.getselfhelp.co.uk/index.html

Maybe some of these would help, but I've never been in your shoes so I'm not really sure if these are the best options.
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/flashbacks.htm
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/panic.htm
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/anxietyhelp.htm
>>
>>17568718
stop being a little bitch? i mean, it sucks if that's how you react, but that's life. you don't get to have everyone tip toe around you.

there's literally nothing else you can do. no offense when I say that.

especially if you are a man, grow the fuck up.
>>
>>17569837
>*breaks leg*
>Dude, stop being such a bitch
>everybody else is walking you fucking pussy
>>
Congrats, you have PTSD. Go to doctor, get it fixed.
>>
>>17569851
not even remotely comparable things.
one is physical, and the other is psychological.

if you're gonna be a pricky bitch about it, do as this anon says >>17569714

else, fucking grow up. desensitize (omg that meme?!) by watching gore

editor's note: although I did see my brother's leg get sliced open by loose pole and my only remark was that it looked like pizza, so idk much about being triggered by gore
>>
>>17569990

>haha yeah bro im so hardcore xD
>>
>>17569993
>i can't even handle nosebleeds xD i dont believe anyone can not be affected
xD
>>
>>17569837
>>17569990
grow up..

to OP: get professional help
>>
>>17569837
He won't be like one of the idiots who complains about triggers if he gets help to stop having reactions to said trigger.

You know there was an actual legitimate basis for all this before the internet right?
>>
>>17570015
show us your tits, fattie
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.