[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to have lots of changes over the next couple of months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cat.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
Going to have lots of changes over the next couple of months and years. Any words of wisdom?

tl;dr, 25 with child on the way going back to college for Cybersecurity, need advice

In a week I'll be going back to college as a 25 year old. I'm married and we have our first kid on the way in March. We're really happy about it.

I'm nervous about going back to college though. It needs to happen, I lost my job at the company I was with for 5 years due to downsizing so I took a job delivering pizzas.

I'm getting full financial aid to go so that's a relief. What is the best way of managing time taking two online and one in-person classes? I don't work until the evening.

Any advice? I'm excited but really nervous.

Pic related, its my cat.
>>
First of all, congrats on the baby. You'll probably feel really anxious before it comes, but once your child is in the world with you, nothing feels better. Good luck on your journey, I just had a baby too.

My main advice is not to worry about money too much. It's just money. Life will always go on, and you'll still have your family. My biggest mistake was not enjoying my daughter when she was a newborn because I was constantly having anxiety attacks about medical debt. Just do the best you can.

Overall, do your best and enjoy life. It only happens once.
>>
>Cybersecurity
If you're good, you won't need advice. If you're shit, you should go for another degree since you'll never make it.
>>
>>17568516
Do something that will help those less fortunate than you. It'll help you in the long run.
>>
>>17568545
Thank you! I had an epiphany about a year ago about how time is more valuable than money when I found myself at work than I was at home. I'm really thankful my wife and I have such a supportive family that will help us see our child as much as possible.

>>17568550
What determines who is good and who is shit? I mean really, I feel like I will do well but what can I do to get better?

>>17568562
From the assistance I've received lately I feel like I should as soon as I have the opportunity.
>>
>>17568588
>I'm really thankful my wife and I have such a supportive family that will help us see our child as much as possible.
That's great. I moved back in with my mom after the baby. It was great having an extra pair of hands with the baby and she loves bonding with her granddaughter. Having a big, supportive family is great for you and your child--it helps the little one to learn to bond with people outside the immediate family and know what healthy relationships look like.

Oh, and make sure to support your wife emotionally by helping with the baby. It's important that you learn how to take care of your child and she'll appreciate it too. So many guys do not do this.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.