[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sensitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1473312170351.png (527KB, 1280x576px) Image search: [Google]
1473312170351.png
527KB, 1280x576px
How do I stop being do sensitive and defensive?
>>
>>17567859
Bump
>>
Grow up
>>
What happened that made you so?
>>
>>17567925
Yeah but how
>>17567925
I don't know. Mayve it's because I never believed my parents were honest about their praise about me. And going back to when I was 5, 90% of the time I'll only hear bad or neutral things about me. I used to desperately try to fit in with people, even fictional characters. I even do it to this day without gully realizing it sometimes
>>
b urself
>>
>>17567859

Stop hiding and fail until you get better at dealing with stuff. Sorry Anon, that's the only way.
>>
>>17567859
Are you a woman?

If so, welcome to being a woman.
>>
>>17567968
I try
>>17567973
I fail more than half the time. I'm lucky I have a girlfriend. Is it normal to suck at everything at 18?
>>17568140
I'm a guy
>>
>>17567859
christ that pic is basically the story of my life
>>
Other people's opinions have no actual bearing on you whatsoever. It's all in your head and, respectively, theirs.

All that matters, truly matters, is what YOU think about you. Find some fundamental truths about yourself, and trust that they are true. You don't need to defend anything that you believe. Believe in the Anon that believes in you.
>>
Not believing in myself and being defensive about my worst qualities lost me a relationship a few months ago. I wish I could tell you the end-all solution but it's difficult to pin down.

I think the root cause for me is that I like to be modest and I like to be self-deprecating and laugh at myself, but really it's because I've found a convenient way to "go against the grain" that also doubles up as an excuse to do nothing.

If you do that too much you really start to believe you are worthless. I actually have an instinctive response to be very confident about my skills or my beliefs, believing I can do anything, but I will 80% of the time shoot it down in pursuit of being the humble, balanced person that I wish I was.
>>
>>17568280
I'd fuck your fat pink ass
>>
>>17568280
You grill? That's actually pretty cool. My girlfriend is thic
>>
>>17567859
Join the Army or the Marine Corps, they'll toughen you up a bit.
>>
>>17569381
They'll put you in college right?
>>
>>17569400
That too.
>>
>>17569404
My dad claims I should join the navy instead. My uncle is in it. I think my dad wants that because my grandfather was a Vietnam War vet
>>
Read this book
>>
>>17567859
Grow up and don't be a bitch.
Unfortunately there is no quick fix for you, you are most likely socially stunted and haven't held a customer facing job.
The quick solution would be to get a customer facing job, like retail, then try and get into customer service where you have people shouting and screaming at you.
Alternatively you can take up a low impact (you have to at least be hitting something) martial art like Judo where you will toughen up a bit and have more self confidence.
If you already do a martial art like Judo then consider taking up boxing or kick boxing where you can spar, you tend to find you are a bit more confident and humble after getting punched in the face a few times.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.