[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's an average day like in a UK prison?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1451927804405.jpg (130KB, 1278x842px) Image search: [Google]
1451927804405.jpg
130KB, 1278x842px
What's an average day like in a UK prison?
>>
idk but it sounds like you're about to find out.

what did you do?
>>
>>17567163

Nothing like on TV, relax, don't cause trouble or get in with a bad crowd and it will be smooth sailing.

if you have family that visits you, according to this family I know, you should ask them to visit one a month rather than once a week - for some reason it makes time go faster.

If you're good, you get luxury items. Apparently my grandmas neighbour calls is parents every day from his mobile phone in prison.

The dude stabbed his gf like 18 times...
>>
>>17567199
>The dude stabbed his gf like 18 times...
with his dick
>>
>>17567163
British prison officer here, what specifically do you want to know?
>>
>>17567199
>If you're good, you get luxury items. Apparently my grandmas neighbour calls is parents every day from his mobile phone in prison.
There are no mobile phones allowed in British prisons, not for the prisoners, not for the staff.
Everyone is given an allowance they can spend on a phone card to make calls from the fixed phone.
>>
>>17567216

Are you guys as cucked as the street cops?
>>
>>17567216
are there any good shows about british prisons? I live in burgerstan and I want to see what it's like in other countries.
>>
Are you the same dude that's asking about his pedo in laws?
>>
>>17567163
Fuck it I'll put in the basics
Life is pretty shit if you aren't prepared
Pack the following:
toiletries (including an electric shaver)
lots of pants and socks
comfy, stretchy clothes that don't need a belt as you WILL lose weight when you are inside
flip flops for the showers given what is on the floor
pyjamas
family photos
gym clothes
trainers
jewellery if you are going to be well behaved (enhanced plus tend to get to wear their own jewelerry)
A couple of hundred in cash to go into your prison account
You can't take in anything that can be used as a weapon (no metal files), no hooded clothes and no flags or anything related to teams like logos

You will be taken to your local Cat A/B prison after being sentenced, you will be put into a newbies area until it is decided what prison you go to, your possessions will be secured and put somewhere safe.
You will probably wear prison issued clothes for the first few months depending on how well you behave.

Different prisons have different rules in regards to what you can and can't have, so be prepared to be moved to somewhere that you can't have what you previously did.

You will be pushed to attend courses regardless of how clever or educated you may be, I've met prisoners with degrees and their own businesses being put on basic literacy courses, these will pass the time and keep you out of trouble.

Don't snitch unless you really want that bag of chips we offer you in exchange for the information, don't join gangs (you will have to get tattoos made with piss or a rival gang will fuck you up) and don't try and pick a fight with the staff, if you try and threaten or sucker punch my colleague, we will come down on you hard and we will make your life difficult.
>>
>>17567228
I'll need you to be a bit more specific.
The government is raping us with cuts and threats of our jobs being outsourced to a certain private company that has a poor track record, we are short staffed, but we are arguably better staffed than the police, we are still deemed to be responsible for many things that are out of our control.
The hardest bit of the job is probably worrying about being followed home, you are also a pretty juicy target for criminals as they will try and threaten you or your loved ones into smuggling contraband on their behalf.

>>17567232
Porridge is an old one which is arguably the most accurate, but for the most part there aren't any, if you read the book "Screwed: The Truth About Life as a Prison Officer" it is a bit out dated but it gives you the best insight from a staff perspective.
>>
>>17567245
thank you officer-anon
>>
So what is a normal day like? Do you have to get up at a specific time? Can you just spend all day in your cell? Are there single cells or do you have to share?
>>
>>17567284
>So what is a normal day like?
Cells unlock at the same time every morning and depending on what category you are in, they will be open for a certain duration

>Do you have to get up at a specific time?
Ideally when we unlock the cells so you can have a shower and get your breakfast, if you have work or school you will need to be up for that

>Can you just spend all day in your cell?
I'd recommend against it, sitting by yourself alone with your thoughts for months on end won't do you any favours

>Are there single cells or do you have to share?
Depends on the category, if it is over crowded and many other factors.
Assume you will share if you are going in, avoid being in a cell with someone who has contraband because if we find any both of you will be nicked for it.
If you are having to share chat to whoever is responsible for magazines and the like then ask them who has similar interests to you, this will help you make friends and maybe help you find a cell mate.
>>
>>17567315
Thanks for the response.

Are you allowed TV/internet/video games?
>>
>>17567376
Sorry I didn't notice the notification.
No internet outside of school if you absolutely need it.
TV if you are well behaved, but you have to pay a TV license every week.
Vidya if you are very good, depending on the prison, you might get a PS2, you might get a PS3, but these are for enhanced+ and there's usually a caveat that you have to have a job or be studying to have one.
>>
>>17567472
Thanks for all your help.
>>
>>17568015
Cmon anon what'cha do?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.