[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer legality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160829_011727.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160829_011727.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
England: A family member has had all there computers confiscated today. Police say someone downloaded indecent images of children in Febuary.
I want to find out a few things if you could help me get a few educated co clusions: Do the police only do this if it's a serious case, as in if they where distributing, sharing, or downloading large amounts? By which I mean this wouldn't happen if it was a single accidental image right?

And why would it take so long for action to be taken from Febuary, when there are 3 children living in the house.

Note: I'm in no way advocating there actions. If someone's viewing that stuff, specially in a family home, it needs looking into.
The facts are my 3 niece's age 3-8 live in that house and I'm worried and out of the country for 48hours.

Any advice, or knowledge in this area?
>>
Not sure on bumping rules... But bump
>>
>>17567060
be honest it was you wasn't it
>>
No, and troll all you want.
If it was me I'd say, I'm fully anonymous here.

If it was me I'd know how bad the shit on there PCs could be. Yet I'm here trying to find out of they chase people for an odd stray image or only more serious shit.
>>
Accidentally looking at an image as you're scrolling past isn't "illegal" in the sense that the police are going to bust down your door and confiscate your hardware.

I'm not sure how the police force operate where you live, but cases need to be built, evidence gathered, logs monitored, etc. With something as sensitive as this these cases can take months to build (getting warrants, probable cause, evidence etc.) and can be drawn out longer in an attempt to shut down distribution networks.

I don't know the person so I couldn't give you any judgement on whether or not your nieces were involved, but if the peretrator hasn't been arrested it would be wise to have someone you trust remove them from the house until you're in the country again.
>>
Thanks for the reply, England is location.

Yes, both parents where arrested and then bailed.

Children services are aware and involved, I don't fear for there current safety. None of my niece's have shown signs of being ... I've some history in knowledge of the signs and symptoms so I'm not that worried there.

But as you say, I do fear it's a serious issue. They wouldn't raid the house if it was just a single tagged IP back in Febuary.
>>
Odds are their daddy likes kiddy stuff and has been downloading them by the thousands. Maybe the mom's into it too, I don't know. You're their uncle, right? You should know the parents better than we do. Rest assured there were IP logs and they probably fell into a honeypot.
>>
I'm aware what's likely. And I wouldn't judge anyway that way.

You never know, not matter how well you know them. Be it your brother sister or there partner, or your partner.

Honeypot is how I expect this has came about. Just really wanted to know if police act on a single honeypot or if there likely to want more first etc

Only real way to find out is patience I guess, vexing though.
>>
>>17567191
Bet on torrents. Tor if one of the parents is internet savvy.

Tell them to hide behind 7 proxies next time.
>>
Just heard both parents where officially charged and bailed with children removed.

There at there grandma's for the night in the living room. Sleep over, they'll love that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.