[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to know when to let go of a relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: heart-598048_960_720.png (608KB, 882x720px) Image search: [Google]
heart-598048_960_720.png
608KB, 882x720px
I don't particularly want to break up with my boyfriend, but I also can't really see us going anywhere if things stay the way they are. I feel like I might have agreed to be his girlfriend too soon, without really getting to know him first.

Anyway, it's been two months now and some things are starting to bother me. He's
>21
>smoker
>lives at home
>can't drive
>has a (crappy) job

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those girls that's like "Well if he doesn't have a nice car and a job and doesn't buy me stuff then he's not worth my time blahblah", but at this point I'm starting to think it's a bit much and he really should be more independent.

I understand that you shouldn't go into relationships trying to change the person into the ideal partner for you, but when do you know what things to try to change, or what things you should just let slide? Or really if you should stay in the relationship if it isn't exactly what you want? On the one hand I want to just be young and carefree and not worry about these things, but on the other hand the longer we are in a relationship together the more these things will bother me and I don't want to wake up one day 2 years deep into a miserable relationship.
Am I overthinking it? Should I just chill? Or should I bring these things up with him?
>>
>>17566818
2 months in and you are having these thoughts? Seems like a red flag to me...

But it's hard to say without knowing all the details. 21 is still pretty young and as long as he is trying to be more independent then there is still hope for him. At least he has a job right.

If you keep having thoughts about leaving him, you probably should do it sooner rather than later though
>>
He is 21 ffs what do you fucking expect. Holy shit you are one dumb fuck. Do you think he wouldnt like to be exactly what you want.

Dont be selfish prick and think about him. He has whole fucking life in front of him and you are bullshiting here.

My guess is that none of those reasons are why you feel thatvway and has more to with you not lived enogh to settle right now and want change which is more fucking understandable thent that load of crap.
>>
>>17566818
You should be concerned but you should have gotten to know him better before agreeing. Two months in, get out now with no apologies.

No where have you stated this guy is on the way up or even has a clue where he is going. He is just wasting space and time and makes enough money to keep himself in smokes. Why would any woman want to be the other half of that? Bet even his parents are stunned any woman would let him fuck her and are praying you will take him off their hands. Run, it's not like he could get in a car and drive over
>>
>>17566834
>He is 21 ffs what do you fucking expect
uh, when I was 21 I lived on my own (small apt but it was mine), owned a car (beat up but it was mine) and in my senior year of university. Thing is I didn't even have time for a gf then.
>>
>>17566853

So fucking what ?You think you are special cookie for that. We are all different and our lives and gentictics lead to these points. Dont be a prick and try to understand people.

I was exactly like that at 21. Lazy,smoking(still do),lived with parents and no job or diploma.

Three years later i own my own firm and make so much i dont know what to do with money anymore.

Who gives a flying fuck what he has its not like you can plan for marrige at this point so have fun with dude and enjoy.
But i think this is the case wherewl she never liked him to begin with and these are just common girl excuses so she doesnt feel bad.
>>
>>17566818
>Or should I bring these things up with him?
absolutely.
just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you have to give yourself up. you are apparently not happy with the current situation and need to address this.
>>
>>17566876
bullshit, maybe cutting grass or selling lemonade, you need to work on your imaginary you story
>>
File: image.jpg (544KB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
544KB, 1448x2048px
Anyone who smokes isn't worth dating.
>>
>>17566876
I adore the dude, if I never liked him I wouldn't be worrying about this and our future together. Think for a second.
>>
>>17566903
If believing that makes you feel better fine its not like i give a fuck.

>>17566910
You are two months in and you dont even know how you feel yet. All shit you mention is material and if adore him none of stuff you mentioned matters.

Why dont you buy your self a fucking car and get a job are you that spineless to project your issuse on other.

Do you see how retatded that thinking is.
>>
>>17566921
I have a job and a car. I think you're the one projecting.
>>
My ex described this problem to me about her bf, he had no job, wasnt going to school, and lived with mom.

She got him to get a job and start going to college, but in the end she cheated on him with me because it wasn't those things that bothered her, it was his lack of will to do something about it without being told to do it.
>>
>>17566928

Oh shit did i upset you?

Then what is the issue here if you adore him and you dont depend on anyone why is it immportat for him to have a car or be anything that you want him to be.

You do realize that you like him because of the way he is. If he did all those he would be someone else. Be careful what you wish for he might just do that and find someone better who wont be this shallow.

You guy are just begining and none of your "issues" are immportant at this stage what if he dumps you?

Enjoy time you have together and make it count you dont know what future holds.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.