[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>broke up with high school sweetheart >more than 4 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (7KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 318x159px
>broke up with high school sweetheart
>more than 4 years later realize she was my best chance at love
what now?
>>
>>17566144

Love isn't real like that (in this Cory and Topanga sense you are referring to) and you just have low standards and self esteem
>>
>>17566147
I have low standards? not sure what you're getting at, if girls aren't meeting my standards of romantic love
I won't comment on the self esteem thing, but the standards comment seems out of touch
>>
You don't talk to enough women?

There is so many women in this world. You'll find a good one if you put forth the effort.
>>
It can be hard to get back into the game but you just have to get out there and look for someone that makes you happy, you broke up with that girl for a reason and you shouldn't feel regret about it. My guess is that you've been unable to find someone that can make you happy so in your head the girl from high school seems a lot better than she actually was, just keep trying
>>
>>17566160

Dude there's more than a billion girls in the world. The one you met in high school is not the best one.

It is entirely possible that your high school sweetheart IS a girl you COULD marry and happily spend the rest of your life with, but there's no reason to believe that she is the ONLY one or the BEST one that you could spend your life with.

I'm 24 and just broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years this most recent Friday. She was my first real girlfriend and I lost my virginity to her, etc.

I know I COULD be happy with her for the rest of my life, but I also know that I am in the prime of my life and need to experience other things and I COULD find a girl better than her; that doesn't negate that my ex was a great girl, it just means she's not some perfect angel.
>>
>>17566175
see, I had many of the same justifications you did when you broke up with your girl.
i've never been the type of guy to approach women though, which resulted in only a few girlfriends over the years.
after college, how can I meet women?
>>
>>17566189

I've never approached girls. My ex who I dated from 21-24 approached me first.

I get dates on Tinder and pretty much only go for girls who hit me up first.

The only drunk girl I've fucked from a bar approached me and took me home.

I'm not crazy attractive (I think I'm good looking and I am in good shape but nothing model tier). Being attractive, approachable, and not a creep will get girls attention. Most dudes are mediocre as fuck, and if you've ever swiped Tinder on a girl's phone, you would know.
>>
>23
>haven't really been infatuated with a girl since high school
>went full hermit in college, cut off ties, and just stopped socializing with new people
>only keep in touch with a couple close friends via phone and skype
>live few hours away from all but one friend, so hardly any irl contact anymore
>live with other social recluse friend
>all hobbies keep me in the house
>work life is mostly older dudes (software at government contractor) and I don't even socialize much with them
>don't drink, so no point in going to bars
I think I've forgotten how to meet new people. Is internet dating the only way? It seems like a huge meme.
>>
>>17566175

I despise people like you. Always just me,me,me. No respect, no loyality, no honor.
>>
>>17567396
Are you retarded?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.