[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I too far behind now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: jugo.png (226KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
jugo.png
226KB, 500x278px
Am I just too far behind now? I am 25 and have not managed to get a girlfriend. I am not too salty about it but I honestly feel like I am missing out on life or at least a portion of it. I have friends my age who are happily married and have kids and house already.. I am not happy and I live in apartment and shit.

Is this what life is supposed to be? I feel as if my life has never really been fully in my control. I often find myself waiting for fate to deliver something to me because I have tried and tried and tried. Each time I have been defeated.

How much longer will I have to get my hands dirty?

Is it even worth trying anymore if fate is in full control?
>>
You a virgin kid?
>>
>>17565185

yup

Not doing so well in that department either. Terrified of disease and getting a woman pregnant. Also scared of crazy women.
>>
>>17565172

you seem more level headed than most guys in your position and not nearly as whiny.

>is this what life is supposed to be

life is whatever you want it to be. its supposed to be animals in the wild humping and eating and dying. Humans have always been about doing something outside of the norm. and as time goes on our 'out of the norm' even differs from other humans.

there is a general guideline for what you are supposed to do to be happy, but even that is flawed.

marriage was not something you did because it would make you happy. it was something you did because it would bring you children adn continue the line, which is something we don't comprehend much at this time, but was considered a really big deal until recently.

even when who you married was a choice, it started as a choice you made after three dates. if you were 'dating' a lady it was expected that you were to propose VERY soon. three dates, all at her house, mostly getting to know her family, than having a short while (less than an hour) alone with her to talk.

how are you supposed to measure this woman against others if getting to this point means you're already basically engaged?

who are you supposed to know what girl would make you happy, or if a girl could make you happy at all?

all marriage is is just what remains of an old concept.

>how much longer will i have to get my hands dirty?

do you mean you are agetting them dirty now trying to achieve something (and if so please elaboratE) or are you asking hwo much time is left to get them dirty (as in, how much longer do you have to get laid?

>friends are happily married

sure, for now. and thats at best. what oyu see and what is there are two different things. you see two people talking to you, interacting with you. not talking about their problems, being passive agressive, etc. im not saying all marriage is evil, but a large amount of them get unhappy VERY fast.
>>
>>17565192
Then go gay
>>
>>17565172
>>17565204

having a house doesn't make you happy, but its MUCH eaiser to buy one when you dont have kids, so with the exception of a second income provided by a mate, what do they have that you dont? do you have a legitimate career going or what?

a house wont make you happy. i mean it might at first, but then it just becomes that box you are used to sitting in. i jsut remodeled my apartment. on cloud 9 for a week. now it all just looks boring and bland agian. tahts how our senses work.

if you want happiness you need to figure out waht can give you happiness long term. for me, its making movies. working on these keeps me not just entertained, but fulfilled, excited, and happy for years at a time.
>>
>>17565204
Great response here, well thought out and intelligent
>>
>>17565223

not sure if ur OP or a stranger, but hope it helped. was expecting some answers to questions so we can take this deeper tho.
>>
>>17565204

By get my hands dirty, I was really referring to trying over and over again. I feel like I have been trying for so long and nothing has come of it. Women just kind of shit all over me in the dating field.

The hardest part is meeting women who I like. I don't really want to go with women I barely like. or hell.. don't like at all.

I don't believe I am picky either I am just not very pushy or aggressive. Not saying I am a push over but its just really hard to get a rise out of me. I don't get offended, have almost no opinion on current events. Very strange I guess.
>>
>>17565306

i get it. and thats a healthy mindset to have in terms of who you settle for, but one thing you have to keep in mind that if quality is important, than you have to accept the possibility of simply never having someone if you cant 'match up'.

but if you can learn to be happy on your own, you'll never be said.

if you'd like to start at the surface and work your way down, send me an email at

[email protected]

send a few pictures of yourself, and tell me about oyur life as it currently is. school, work, social activities, etc.
>>
>>17565306
>I feel like I have been trying for so long and nothing has come of it. Women just kind of shit all over me in the dating field.
Yeah that's pretty normal. Unless you're absolute top of the food chain, dating is like 90% failure. The trick is to do it so often that the 10% success starts to shine through. You only need to win once and then you're set for a while.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.