[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyday I see a suicide thread on here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: 1457779975315.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1457779975315.gif
2MB, 750x750px
Everyday theres a thread here about wanting to commit suicide..seriously whats the point? it doesnt solve a thing..

just talk about your problems here well help
>>
No...seeing a trained professional is your best bet.
>>
>>17565153
It's just a plea for attention. Best ignoring them.
>>
that's a really simplistic way to look at it.

what do you do when your problems can't be solved with talking? when you've struggled for a long time, faced endless failure, disappointment, misery, whatever, talking doesn't solve shit.

talking to some stranger online isn't going to suddenly make me 18 again, undo the debt I'm in, undo every single fuck up that led me to this point.

but hey, guess I can just talk it out and it will all be OK :D:D

fuck you dude
>>
File: 1473608349773.png (346KB, 1024x582px) Image search: [Google]
1473608349773.png
346KB, 1024x582px
>>17565162

There there little one, daddy is here.
>>
>>17565162

i know it aint that simple..but there are people like me that care..and dont want people doing anything crazy.
>>
>>17565176
you caring about me makes literally 0 difference to my life senpai
>>
>>17565162
I know dude. But would you rather sit on 4chan jerking it for another night or admit your problems to others and take a step towards fixing them?
>>
>>17565153
>we'll help
There's many things we cannot help with, honestly.
But a professional can help with much more than we can over the internet, and we can at least say "go see a shrink dumbass".
>>
>>17565162
>talking to some stranger online isn't going to suddenly make me 18 again, undo the debt I'm in, undo every single fuck up that led me to this point.

And killing yourself will? That doesn't undo anything. You won't get a reset button.

At least if you live you have the potential to claw your way out of adversity.
>>
>>17565218
look, you have good intentions but it's all superficial.

I have been working on, and admitted to, my problems for years, since I was 15. I've talked with therapists, taken pills, talked with friends, strangers, family, whatever.

Everytime I have improved and started to function normally I have crashed again and ended up unemployed, alone and depressed.

I didn't become suicidal after suffering with depression for a while, I became suicidal after trying to fix it for so long and nothing working.

There is not a single thing you can say that can fix me, and while it's noble for trying, it's also insulting to imply that you can solve my problems purely with a few messages on an imageboard.
>>
>>17565225
When you weigh up the options of repeating an endless cycle of trying, failing and being miserable all the time vs a permanent end to the suffering it becomes a very easy decision to make. the only thing I'm weighing up is the effect it would have on my parents
>>
>>17565225
>the potential to claw your way out of adversity
The problem is that many people are not facing adversity. They are facing things like treatment-resistant mental illnesses that cannot be overcome with hard work and perseverance.
In that situation, "keep trying" is not a useful reason to keep living.

Want to know my reason? I want to help others, make people's lives a little easier while i'm here.
I won't kill myself as long as others are suffering, for the same reason a captain won't take a lifeboat as long as others are still left on the ship.
Works for me.
But i can't blame anyone who takes the easy way out.
>>
>>17565153
yeah i never got telling 4chan your suicidal letter i guess some people have no one who will read their letter
>>
Life is shit unless ure born rich.. We all know this and even then the rich are some of the unhappiest people yet they have everything money can buy.. Guys this is all our brains doing.. Its hard to accept this but its all in our brain.. We fucking do this to ourselves.. We cant find a job so we sit at home all day on 4chan and give up whilst putting ourselves down in our minds.. We can fucking overcome this.. I believe we can all do no matter how hard the situation
>>
>>17565153
Its not about solving problems.. I guess it's just the ultimate form of escapism for shit you don't wanna deal with/dont think you can resolve.
>>
After dealing with suicidal thoughts for about a year now, I've realised control is a huge factor.

When we lose our partners, our jobs or generally fuck up, we feel like we're losing control. People get to a point where literally the only thing they control is wether or not they live. It's usually why a lot of people live with suicidal thoughts (as opposed to ending it instantly), because they still have some small semblance of control. Suicide is such a powerful thing because it represents the last bastion of control that can never be taken away from us.

At this point depression has already set in so regaining control over ones life seems like an insurmountable task. I try to meditate on exactly what I want to have control over and start very small. If I want a better job, I'll make small changes to my resume and acknowledge that step towards influencing my own life. Working through more complexed issues, like break ups, is something I'm still trying to figure out.
>>
Half the time people don't even reply back, and when they do it's not helpful.
>>
>>17565225
>You won't get a reset button.
Or will you? What if I told you revival and alternare universes are real? What if I told you that death isn't parmanent?
>>
>>17565153
you're thinking about it rationally. but the people thinking about suicide don't.

you know the feeling you have when you're in love? everything is awesome, not a thing is bad, everybody is nice etc.?

when thinking about suicide, it's the same in the other direction. you don't see any exits, you don't want to burden others with your problems. you don't consider yourself worth of help, your problems seem unsolvable, and you probably deserve them anyway.

after all, you're close to overriding your instinct of survival, which is irrational.
>>
>>17566335

I know this.. I also feel its very sad and stupid thing to do.
Think about all the work people put in..all the years raising kids..for them to eventually end it all..
But i totally understand some people desperation to end it all..life can get too painful and meaningless to carry on.
>>
>>17565153
technically, for them, suicide solves everything. it ends all problems.

not the best solution, but its a solution none the less.
>>
The best advice is to shoot up a school.
I mean, if you're gonna give up on life, might as well take some normalfags with you and go out with a bang, right?
>>
>>17565153
Those are the people crying for help. It's juvenile but at that stage you don't have very many options.

The ones that are really suicidal we'll never here of or from.
>>
>>17566622
>The ones that are really suicidal we'll never here of or from.
id argue that while youre true, that most people who do this shit are crying for help, a small amount of them genuinely want to want to live, e.g. if they dont want to cause pain to their family in the event of their death.
>>
>>17566630
The people crying for help are just a few steps away from full blown suicide. That's what I was getting at.
>>
>>17566633
o. desu id say a lot of them are just crying for help and have no intention of doing it. or maybe they have never been an ass hair away from death and dont have the foresight to realize what the experience is like until after the fact.
>>
>>17566639
I'm sure most of us have not personally been close with death.
>>
>>17566698
yes, but most people would have the good sense to understand the severity and finality of suicide, and hence they wouldnt make such a cry for help unless they had damn good reason to.
>>
I'm trying, I'm trying to sleep
I'm trying, I'm trying to sleep
But I can't, but I can't when you all have
Guns for hands yeah

We've turned our hands to guns, trade in our thumbs for ammunition
I must forewarn you, of my disorder, or my condition
'Cause when the sun sets, it upsets what's left of my invested interest
Interested in putting my fingers to my head
The solution is, I see a whole room of these mutant kids
Fused at the wrist, I simply tell them they should shoot at this
Simply suggest my chest and this confused music, it's
Obviously best for them to turn their guns to a fist

Guns For Hands- Twenty one Pilots
>>
What the song is saying, is that we should recognize that people have the ability to harm themselves. We know this and yet most people look away. "Oh it's just a cry for attention, they're not suicidal" and then it happens and we all say " oh I wish I could have talked to them." Instead of telling people to suck it up we should tell them where to turn their frustrations to. Wether it's into music, art, or what ever
>>
The point of suicide is release. Release from whatever shackles us down.
>>
File: sincity.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sincity.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>17565153
I work 2 full time jobs, do not date, and haven't even gotten a kiss in years. Half my paycheck (literally one entire job) is taken by an ex that is fucking someone else, and I will be homeless in 2 weeks because my landlord wants to double my rent. I've become a wage cuck.

Nobody gives a shit if I live or die, so fuck it, why should I?

Nobody gives a shit, so why
>>
>>17565225
The point is that just talking is pointless. There are plenty of attention whores that capitalize on this.
And then just about every legitimate thread has a tripfag playing le ebin trole card.
>>
File: adv bingo.png (145KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
adv bingo.png
145KB, 800x900px
>>17565153
when threads on here get me down I just play /adv/ bingo
>>
>>17567532
shit I forgot to include "I need medical advice but don't want to go to a doctor"
>>
>>17567552
Fucking kek, classic one.
>>
File: adv bingo v2.png (142KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
adv bingo v2.png
142KB, 800x900px
>>17567552
there, fixed it

anyway OP, for the most part I agree with you. I have seen a few people whose problems are way above the expertise of pretty much anybody here, including my old ass. like literally everything has gone wrong in their life and they're not in a part of the world where the resources exist to help them. or they're so entrenched in their mindset that you can never get through to them, like mister free space in pic related.

but for the most part, if they can get through the mood they're in and actually accept help, I like to think that in most cases they end up being better off. if not in the short run, then eventually.
>>
>>17565156

>attention on an anonymous image board

nigga WHAT
>>
>>17566709
When I am suicidal, I do not necessarily want to end it because I'm having a bad time. It's more that I don't really feel like continuing. There are no solutions to something like that. Sure, a few temporary fixes, but nothing more than that.
>>
>>17565153
Welp, when I posted it a long time ago I wanted someone to truly care. I was hoping for those weird miracle moments.
I still hate my life today and I wish I was an unfeeling computer program or robot
>>
>>17565304
>life is shit unless you're born rich
I disagree. I think life is shit if you're born without any talent.
>>
>>17565153
There's no one else to vent to. It's also really easy to say and imply all the issues.
>>
File: 1473850485415-pol.jpg (21KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1473850485415-pol.jpg
21KB, 640x426px
>>17565153
Death is the only void where information is destroyed forever. Praising Eris, study discordianism, and plot your suicide is the life to live.

Working for money is insanity inducing. Become a hero anons.
>>
File: 1472164188730-pol.jpg (52KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
1472164188730-pol.jpg
52KB, 600x334px
>>17567495
Become a member anon. Join us on the mountain of discordian thought and praise the far reaching power of Eris. Entropy is the one true god. Find it, embrace and and forever be at peace.
>>
Suicide is the ultimate red pill.
>>
>>17565227

Life is the act of struggling. With failure, ridicule, debt, and hardship. You spend your days walking amidst corpses, hoping to feel how they do.

You're not suicidal because you fail, you're depressed.

Depressive individuals allow their brain to set a tone on the world, a mantra to call objective all the while not realizing they've set their expectations and made their own limitations.

On a material level, assess what is wrong with your life. Fix what you can and forget what you can't. It won't magically make everything ok but nothing will and that is a flawed expectation to begin with. It is not about where you stand, but rather the direction you head in.

Being insulted at the premise that someone on the internet can fixes your problems requires an ego. Have some humility and accept advice where offered. This place is great because the anonymity allows for true unbias. I gain nothing by patting you on the back and telling you it's ok. I have nothing to gain whether you take my advice or not. I simply want to preach what I struggle to practice, because if someone else can do it my chances of living this way get better.

T. A similarly miserable failure.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.