[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ignore or Forgive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

> be me
> 21f
> been talking to a guy I met online for 2+ years
> first love
> were both studying abroad in the same country last year, and met up a few times (stayed over at mine twice)
> both told each other that we liked one another romantically

The problem is that he often disappears for months at a time. We'll be talking daily for hours one week, then silence the next. It's been happening for as long as I've known him, but it hurts more and more each time. He never even acknowledges these silences and says that he simply 'forgets' to message me. He's got some issues (depression related) so is this some kind of symptom of that? Or am I being an idiot and need to face the fact that he doesn't feel as strongly about me as I do about him? He's told me before that I'm the closest friend he's ever had, but every time he disappears I believe that less and less. Should I cut all ties and run while I can? Or forgive him and hope he doesn't ignore me again?
>>
>Or am I being an idiot and need to face the fact that he doesn't feel as strongly about me as I do about him?

That one. Cut him off.
>>
>>17563389
This. Or you can just speak with him about it.
>>
>>17563377

You are far too invested in a very casual relationship.

So either you have to push to make the relationship more real (like one of you moves to where the other lives and you carry on an actual relationship) or you need to stop caring so much about your fucking penpal with benefits (up to breaking things off entirely if necessary).
>>
>>17563377

forgive yourself for being young and infatuated.

he probably does value your friendship, but if he hasn't made a move by now, he's probably not going to, for whatever reason. If you care about the reason, feel free to ask, but expect a sad answer because there is no 'good' answer for someone seeking that question.
>>
OP here

Thanks for all of your advice, guys. I'll ignore him and move the fuck on.
>>
>>17563493
That's retarded, he's probably not trying to avoid you on purpose. Maybe he's afraid of fucking things up. Depression has a way of making you isolate yourself for no good reason and fucking up you reasoning. Tell him you like him a lot but this disappearing act is doing him NO favors. Don't throw away 2+ years of emotion OP
>>
>>17563377
>ineternet relationship
>"like each other romantically" despite meeting only a few times in over 2 years
>he disappears without warning and doesn't explain it
>he claims depression
I don't know why you bother with the non relationship OP.

Cut ties and meet someone who you can physically meet rather than someone off the internet you clearly know nothing about after 2 years.
>>
OP here

I told him a few Months ago that if he keeps disappearing he's going to lose me. He stuck around for a few weeks after that, but this last disappearing act lasted for 2 months. Should I bother to call him out on it if I've told him exactly how I felt about it in the past? He's most likely going to move back to his homeland next year anyway (another English speaking country that's on the other side of the world). I don't want to get my hopes up again just to feel all this pain again next year when he disappears for good.
>>
>>17563543
>Should I bother to call him out on it if I've told him exactly how I felt about it in the past? He's most likely going to move back to his homeland next year anyway (another English speaking country that's on the other side of the world). I don't want to get my hopes up again just to feel all this pain again next year when he disappears for good.
So the relationship involves meeting a few times, no contact for months at a time and he is only moving further away and the relationship isn't progressing???
Why are you bothering with him?
When he first disappeared, why did you wait? same goes for the second, third and fourth times he did it.
What future does your non relationship have?
Why aren't you meeting people you can physically meet?
Where did you think things were going to go?
>>
OP here

He just started as a simple penpal who I never planned on meeting, and progressed into this ugly mess... I think it's probably time to cut my losses now and move on before it gets any messier.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.