[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Ask the opposite gender anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 36

File: 9TRgyBjyc[1].png (82KB, 1360x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9TRgyBjyc[1].png
82KB, 1360x1024px
GUIDELINES:
Before you post a question, check here to see if it's already been answered.
Keep questions short for more answers.
If you're not going to like honest answers, don't ask your question.
And please no derailing arguments.

FAQ:
>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
>Would you date a virgin?
><random insecurity>
Some do, some don't. Preferences differ, but complexes are always a turn-off.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it, little by little, step by step. There is no single magical moment that will instantly change you forever. It takes hard work, time, and effort.

>I like someone. What do I do?
>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online.

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant.

>XYZ happened. Interpret this for me please
We're not in their head, we don't fucking know.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing.

>Someone has made it super clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No.

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>.

>Brandon, that guy who keeps asking about cuddling in platonic friendships and fart guy
Fuck off.
>>
>>17562124
CLAIMED IN THE NAME OF PEGASUS
>>
Guys,
would you find it insulting if a chick wanted to bring out vibrators/toys (for herself) the first time you had sex?
Assuming this is not like your long term gf or anything either, but just a hookup.
If yes, how many times should we bang before that conversation can happen?
>>
File: 0c85cc6.jpg (11KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
0c85cc6.jpg
11KB, 200x195px
>>17562165
You should bang yourself with broken wine bottle you worthless slut
>>
File: 1433646156860.jpg (498KB, 2432x1736px) Image search: [Google]
1433646156860.jpg
498KB, 2432x1736px
ok finally fucking get . there is little to no chemistry between the girl i like and me, so it's time to move on already

im not the kind of super positive person that can get an introverted girl out on her shell, so i should stop chasing them

actually now i realize that i might be more introverted than i tought but all my positive thinking prevented me from noticing it

so i should stop thinking about what i want, and start thinking about what is better for me

now i feel like i should find a super crazy happy and kinda autistic girl that likes to go out and talk a lot about random ridonculous stuff

what are some good places to look for this kind of girl?

im in film school and pretty much everyone here is broken inside in some way or another, even the girl i like, so i really need to go out and visit other places
>>
>>17562165
I think that might be a bit tough to pull out on a one night stand. Ideally both parties should be considerate and want to get each other off, and have fun. But most men would be put off by that. I think its something your better off discussing with someone you're in a longer term relationship. As for how long you should wait, it depends. I'd say a couple of weeks, maybe sooner if you really can't get off without them.
>>
File: 1471701074233.jpg (39KB, 323x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471701074233.jpg
39KB, 323x360px
What it's like to be a really ugly girl?
>>
>>17562250
Ask your mom
>>
Gf bfb
>>
File: 356465465.png (88KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
356465465.png
88KB, 200x200px
>>17562258
she's not ugly.
but she's a whore.
>>
>>17562244
I figured as much. I mean ideally I'd love to be in a relationship, or at the very least can actually get a second date/fuck, but relationships are a rare blessing in college. It's more about notches on a bedpost than finding a mate, you dig? And I'm too ugly for a dude to want long term anyway, I'm kinda the desperation bang that you pray your friends wont find out about because they'll know how low you'd sink.
I crave that intimate human interaction though, would rather pretend I'm wanted for a night than be miserable and lonely the rest of my sorry existence. But I can't get off without that buzz, and frankly I don't even care much about cumming but I tend to dry up and it gets painful if I'm not getting anything out of it.
>>
Got asked out today and was so shocked I agreed to go on a date

I haven't dated in several years and I have trouble feeling romantic or even like a close friend towards any people at all so my immediate impulse is to cancel (I have diagnosed depression)
what should I do? It's with another guy and I don't really have anybody else to talk about this to (and I haven't even worked out my feelings about being bisexual or whatnot)

I'm actually rather quite normal and am very active on campus actually, have an internship and am on two committees
I imagine I'm in a pretty unique situation but I'll ask for help anyways I suppose
>>
File: 1472997550558.jpg (36KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472997550558.jpg
36KB, 600x500px
How am i supposed to know how bad/goodlooking i am?
>>
>>17562382
>>/soc
>>
File: 1471237347684.jpg (81KB, 900x794px) Image search: [Google]
1471237347684.jpg
81KB, 900x794px
>>17562127
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>17562394
that neck makes me want to throw up

almost as bad as the lotus pod meme
>>
>>17562403
Good, good
>>
File: 11fbeu.jpg (32KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
11fbeu.jpg
32KB, 460x288px
>>17562413
fuck you dude i just came u killed my vibes man
>>
File: 1448039759418.jpg (32KB, 299x302px) Image search: [Google]
1448039759418.jpg
32KB, 299x302px
In 1-2 hours I'm meeting up with a 25 year old virgin. We've been hanging out and shit, I'm a pretty qt 24 year old female. While he was walking me home the other day through a spoopy forest, I asked him if he wanted to kiss. It was adorable man, he didn't know wtf he was doing and kept apologizing. That's when I asked him if he was a virgin, and he confirmed that was accurate. So we're meeting up tonight. Was tipsy yesterday and had the guts to ask him a lot of flirty questions n shit, telling him I'd rub his weinie through his pants.
I feel bad for taking his wizard powers away, in another 5 years, he'd have hit master enlightenment.

Any advice for me anons? I want to treat this guy real sweet and tender-like; but I want to do it right!
>>
File: Facebook-271ddb.png (173KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
Facebook-271ddb.png
173KB, 500x758px
>>17562427
Unhand that man you whorelock heretic

Kill yourself
>>
File: 1432874954804.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1432874954804.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>>17562432
akekekekeeke h-hes mine :^D
>>
>>17562420
Good, good
>>
>>17562432
>>17562420
>>17562403
can you fuck off tripfaggot? Stop shitting up the thread
>>
>>17562438
This is my swamp

Stab yourself until it stops hurting
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 224x225px
>>17562438
Dude go into the settings and block his trip like I did. Seriously the more you feed him the more he's gonna keep shitting up the place. Seriously we had a good run in one of these threads a while back ago where nobody acknowledged his faggotry and he actually started whining about it and went off trip just to get someone to reply to him.
Ignore obvious trolls and move on, if you give them you's they won't ever go away.
>>
So I know guys always ask say shit like "If you're super ugly you'll always creep a girl out 100% of the time no exception"
Is that true in the reverse? If a super ugly chick puts the moves on you dudes, like absolutely 100% unfuckable makes you wanna throw up just looking at her ugly, do you get really creeped out?
>>
File: Cute as fuck.jpg (330KB, 2600x2600px) Image search: [Google]
Cute as fuck.jpg
330KB, 2600x2600px
Reposting.

>Have crush on coworker
>We've hung out alone a few times, mostly just hiking "dates".
>One of the first deep convos we had was about what we look for in an SO, but also how she's not looking for anything with anyone cuz she wants to focus on school, among other reasons.

My question is do I at least make my intentions known? Not necessarily a confession or "ask her out", but rather a
"Hey, I know you're not looking for anything and I respect that. But I enjoy spending time with you and getting to know you." Something to that degree.

But should I bother? The fact that she's "closed that door" is surely a sign that I'm gonna get turned down. But as some of you may know, holding feelings down can take its toll.
Advice?
>>
>>17562474

No, but I'd feel bad about having to reject her... mostly.

I was never rejected nicely so there would be the temptation to do unto others as others have done to me.

Honestly, it would depend on how nice she is. I'm not gonna kick someone when they are down or anything - but if I've seen her be a massive bitch or call a guy "creepy" just because he was shy, then I'm gonna be more likely to give into the temptation to be an asshole about it.

You don't really have to worry about being creepy as a woman... unless you're an overly touchy aunt, then you can be pretty creepy.
Seriously, the worst you'll get is "You're not my type, sorry", or depending on blunt they are "You're too wide for me...".
>>
File: cvz.gif (654KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
cvz.gif
654KB, 245x245px
>>17562489
>You're too wide for me...
tfw you'll never be thin enough
Fuck this horrid hourglass fat figure.
>>
File: ultra.jpg (105KB, 700x760px) Image search: [Google]
ultra.jpg
105KB, 700x760px
>>17562458
You underestimate my dedication

I'm not leaving until a girl fucks my ass
>>
>>17562504

Look, it depends on the guy.

Some guys like bigger girls, some don't, and some straight up don't care unless she's wide enough to have a reality show based on her width.

Shit, as I'm not the most in shape guy in the world, I can't really judge a girl for that. A little bit of a gut is fine, it's what I've got.
At least I know she can probably cook, or has a snack stash somewhere. I could chill with a girl like that and take her out somewhere without her going "I can only have a salad =[".

But, again, it's about limits. Basically, if you're full feminist mode with rolls hanging out of a too small purple t-shirt than I'm probably avoiding you already.
>>
File: 1465758473338.jpg (258KB, 944x495px) Image search: [Google]
1465758473338.jpg
258KB, 944x495px
>>17562504
it suck for both sides,

even if i work out and train every day i know that at best i will end up looking like wolverine

i'll never be one of those stupid tall skiny musicians with pretty faces that she likes
>>
>>17562376
bumping myself
>>
>>17562504
Different guys have different tastes. Some guys like slim, petite chicks. Others like tall chubby chicks like myself. Play up your strengths, because you can't really change your other features.

>>17562522
>even if i work out and train every day i know that at best i will end up looking like wolverine
Mate you could be doing a whole lot worse if you end up looking like Wolverine. By that I assume you mean you're short, anyways. All we can do is deal with the cards we're dealt.
>>
Question for the girls, how can I tell if my date wants to sleep with me?

She's never really been in a relationship before, but I don't want her to feel awkward if she wants to. How do I tell?
>>
File: rqUZ1y4.gif (974KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rqUZ1y4.gif
974KB, 500x281px
>>17562520
I've been working on my weight for years but I just can't seem to get out of "chub" range. My weight is perfectly healthy according to my doc, but I just carry it all in the wrong places.
I just get the feeling the only ones going for the "THIQ" (fat) girls are the fetishists and shit though. Nobody actually finds that shit genuinely attractive, it's just fuck material.
>>17562534
> Play up your strengths
>implying I have anything anyone else would view as a strength.
I mean if 4chins has taught me anything it's that a woman's only as important as her looks.
But 4chan is a cesspool that doesn't relate to the real world I know. Even still, I don't have any hobbies people my age tend to share, let alone dudes my age will find interesting. Can't pull on my looks or my personality it seems.
>>
>>17562553
>I just get the feeling the only ones going for the "THIQ" (fat) girls are the fetishists and shit though. Nobody actually finds that shit genuinely attractive, it's just fuck material.

So they can find your body sexually attractive and simultanously not attractive?

FFS, this is the problem with girls these days.
You meet an Asian girl you like, you're a fetishist.
Meet a chubby girl you like, you're a fetishist.
Black... jungle fever.

Then ya'll complain when we only go after tall slim blondes with bad attitudes.

Look, yeah, there's a chance they only like you for your looks. In fact, if they barely know you, it's almost certain.
But it doesn't mean they can't like you for you.
Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, if you start ruling everyone who likes you out as a "pervert" then you're gonna be alone forever.
>>
>>17562549
First of all, is it a date or your gf, this matters.
If its a date, she will be heavy on the physical touch. If you really wanna test her, you have to make the first move. Go in for a kiss, who pulled away first, you or her? If you, she's probably into you, progress from there on heavier and heavier shit until she stops you.

If it's your gf then just talk about it. It shouldn't be weird if you have any form of relationship whatsoever. Or you can do the same thing as above, push her limits until she stops you (or you can tell she's uncomfortable). This route is even safer in a relationship than a date really, because your gf should feel even more comfortable in stopping you if she doesn't want to.
However always stop and ask verbally if she wants to stop before you stick anything in her, including finger, just to spare yourself legal problems.
But usually any chick whos not completely autistic will stop you herself without having to be asked. Like I'm down with oral on dates but nothing more, if I see he's looking for a condom or he gets his junk too close to mine I pipe up with this fact. But hell most of the time I verbalize my boundaries before clothes even come off.
>>
File: 1465576770490.jpg (3MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1465576770490.jpg
3MB, 2480x3508px
>>17562560
>wasting your time talking to a fat girl

loli will always be superior
>>
>>17562560
Sorry, i didn't mean to imply theres anything wrong with having a fetish or that they're "perverts" just that, like you said it feels like they're only in it for the sex.
You can find someone sexually desirable, but not romantically desirable.
Like, you fuck the body you want, but you date/show off the body that's socially considered the norm in attractiveness, if that makes sense. For example, if you're a chubby chaser you'll have casual sex with the chubs all day long but you wouldn't want to date one because that's shameful and people will look down on you. Because fat people are more universally seen as undesirable than desirable.

Thats just the kind of vibe I get, but I may just be shadowed in my own insecurity. I just keep dropping weight until I get someone, anyone's attention but the way my frame is always makes me look wide no matter what the scale says.
>>
>>17562553
>I just get the feeling the only ones going for the "THIQ" (fat) girls are the fetishists and shit though. Nobody actually finds that shit genuinely attractive, it's just fuck material.
If they want to fuck a thick/fat/chubby/whatever chick it just means it's because they're attractive to them. There have been chicks I've been physically into, there have been chicks that draw me in through personality, and there are those that cover both.

Like in all honesty if a woman called me a fetishist just because she feels insecure about her own body I'd feel more offended than anything. As if I'm not allowed to find unconventional looks attractive or something.

>I mean if 4chins has taught me anything it's that a woman's only as important as her looks.
Let's be honest here though, adv is where people go to release because they're frustrated. Trying to build an accurate assessment of how men feel through adv or r9k is stupid, just as I wouldn't use an ass blasted feminist or tumblr as a gauge for women.

It's not like you need to have duplicate hobbies either. I'm a STEM major, you know how many women are actually into that shit? I can count the number of women in my major right now on one hand. Yet I manage to make do.
>>
>>17562563
Thanks I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>17562577
>For example, if you're a chubby chaser you'll have casual sex with the chubs all day long but you wouldn't want to date one because that's shameful and people will look down on you.
Yeah no. You're projecting your insecurities here hardcore. If she makes me happy that's all that really matters and I'll show her off, if people are going to be dumb about it that's their own problem.

If her weight is unhealthy I'd try to address it in a positive manner, but that would be a problem that stays in the relationship. Not something that's really relevant to some random schmuck.
>>
Ladies

Why do you like attention?
>>
>>17562474
If it's a nicer guy, he'll simply feel pity for you then lightly reject you.

It's a more cruel guy, he'll reject you then laugh about it and tell all of his friends.
>>
File: 1464840479218.jpg (126KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464840479218.jpg
126KB, 800x500px
>>17562534
>By that I assume you mean you're short

well yeah, but actually im a bit taller than her, i hate how people say we would make a nice couple

im>>17562217 i tried being as positive as i can, iasked her out a bunch and i even told her how i feel about her

to all of those things i always got an ambiguous answers

>im busy
>i have to go to sleep
>i'll tell you when im free
>you got the right attitude..
>stop saying that chessy stuff you are making me feel...*giggles*

today i went out with her in a group of four people i tried to be as positive as possible i went way out of my confort zone i tried to make conversation, but she always kept every conversation super short

meanwhile the other two guys complained like little bitches about a bunch of stuff and she found it funny and talked more with them, the only thing stoping me from going depressed is that i know those guys already have a gf

im trying to move on but no one has noticed my question, now i just wanna starve to death, i already lost a lot of weight so why not become a fucking skeleton
>>
>>17562165
I wouldn't give a shit. I don't see how any dude would
>>
>>17562589
Everyone likes attention.
>>
>>17562598
>im trying to move on but no one has noticed my question
In large part because your conclusion is pretty silly. It didn't work out with that one chick, so you basically want a manic pixie girl now. When you asked her out the first, second, third time and she basically dodged the question what was your thought process? In the future you just need to learn to move on and focus on new people instead.

Pretty much everyone has some baggage to some degree, even that aforementioned pixie girl. You just need to learn to stop investing energy into someone who doesn't really appreciate it.
>>
>>17562579
Yeah, it was just as I said before, the difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction. I understand I'm clouded with my own issues though, I have difficulty believing people would actually be interested in me after my last ex fucked me up real good.

The hobbies thing was just relating to the fact that if I can't pull based on my looks, and I can't pull based on personality, am I just royally fucked or is there hope for me yet.
>>17562586
I know, it's probably projection hardcore. Idk though I feel like it's gotta be grounded in reality to some degree though. Last dude I was with told me basically he was embarrassed to be seen with me but wanted practice so he could put moves on other girls. I've been extreme dieting ever since. Hoping to evolve from "practice girl" status.
So I mean, he existed, and I doubt he's the only one who does this. I'm one of those people who assumes the worst and prepares for that, so idk. I feel like I have to prepare myself for something like this to happen again, and to avoid it I have to git gud as the kids say and become the hot chick people actually want.
>>
>>17562480
>"Hey, I know you're not looking for anything and I respect that. But I enjoy spending time with you and getting to know you."

That sounds fine

She didn't "close the door" on anything. No single woman alive has ever woke up thinking "Wow, I hope I don't meet a great guy to sweep me off my feet today!". Of course she's gonna say the whole "I just wanna focus on muh school" to explain why she's still single

She's waiting for you to make the first move. Now that's not a guarantee by any means that she won't turn you down anyway
>>
>>17562605
>The hobbies thing was just relating to the fact that if I can't pull based on my looks, and I can't pull based on personality, am I just royally fucked or is there hope for me yet.
Hobbies arent personality. If they were, I may as well try to force myself to become gay because I sure as fuck won't meet any women with mine realistically. Do stuff that appeals to you, find something you're enthusiastic about.

>Idk though I feel like it's gotta be grounded in reality to some degree though.
Sure, some guys are weird about it. But draw it to it's logical conclusion. They're not really out for what makes them happy, but what gets others approval. I'm not really out to base my relationship on outside opinions, and are you willing to date a guy who is?

I remember some chick who wanted me to cut some of my classes so I could pick up more hours, so we could afford more dates to impress her friends. How long do you think I stuck around when she said that? You're only going to be a "practice girl" if you're willing to settle for that. Nothing will change if you don't learn to respect yourself.
>>
>>17562474

I always feel like shit when I unmatch unattractive females from Tinder without messaging them or even looking at their profiles. It reminds me how shallow and immature I still am
>>
>>17562553

There's 10/10 that are genuinely into scat and beastality. I'm sure there are a bunch of guys that are genuinely into chubs, or literally any body type combination you can think of
>>
File: interesting.jpg (10KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
interesting.jpg
10KB, 285x200px
>>17562621
>She didn't "close the door" on anything. No single woman alive has ever woke up thinking "Wow, I hope I don't meet a great guy to sweep me off my feet today!". Of course she's gonna say the whole "I just wanna focus on muh school" to explain why she's still single

Friends have said the same thing. How it's just her excuse until she meets a guy to change her mind. Like with most women.

I think I'll go for that line then. You're correct that I might get rejected, but at this point I'd rather have some sort of closure than be left wondering if this is going anywhere or not.

And thanks for replying. I thought I had broken some sort of rule and that's why it was getting ignored.
>>
File: 1472538638746.gif (384KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1472538638746.gif
384KB, 200x150px
>>17562603
> You just need to learn to stop investing energy into someone who doesn't really appreciate it.

you are right but it's really hard for me not to do it

no matter how much i go out i can only find a girl i like every 2 years and it is always the same kind of introverted girl that just happens to have a smile that makes my heart melt

i really wish i could like other types of girls, so my first tought was to go for the complete opposite and see if that makes me change

>When you asked her out the first, second, third time and she basically dodged the question what was your thought process

well the first two times she was legitimately busy she goes out of the city every weekend to visit her family

then the third time i started to feel bad because that time i actually went out with the rest of the class for pizza and i really wanted her to be there

then i helped organize a party that sucked and she was the first one to leave

i got fucking tired went to other party and i tried to get her out of my mind, 2 days later i confesed my feelings, she at least looked more open and happy after that, but today i realized that was just another way to dodge me
>>
>>17562639
Yeah but how do you meet people if not through hobbies and mutual interest? Honestly, my daily schedule is wake up, go to school, do homework, play the sims, and go to bed. I've been trying to go out more, but because I can't find an activity to do I usually just find myself sitting around somewhere on campus for 30 minutes watching the clock tick by hoping someone will walk past me. Everything I find interesting and I'm enthusiastic about is generally solitary activities you can't really do with someone else.
Went to a bar with a friend the other night, and despite the fact we were attached to eachother's hip the whole night just having fun with one another someone bought her a drink but not me.
>Felt bad man

I'm kinda working on the self respect thing, but unfortunately it also kinda ties in with my insecurity. Like I feel like I can't respect myself until other people can appreciate me. I keep losing weight so that I can find myself attractive, but mostly so that I can widen my dating pool. I went back to a bar the next night after my friend and I went out, hoping that maybe it was just that by comparison she made me look hideous. Some dudes drove by really plastered and the one yelled "Hey baby" at me right before puking all down the side of the car and down the street.
I still took it as a win though, at least that super drunk dude found me hot enough to catcall me I guess. Did make me feel good and gave me a short lived confidence boost, but I'm not sure that's really "respecting myself" to be that excited about a dude catcalling me and then projectile vomiting immediately after
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ppHA5G5P8

based on her body language would it be fair to say that she's in love with him?
>>
Girls

If a nervous guy approaches you somewhere, is it more cringey if he's a beta trying too hard to act like a cocky alpha, or if he's just acting like a genuine beta including spilling the spaghetti?
>>
>>17562719
Hm, you aren't going to like the answer, because both are probably equally as bad. You need to find the medium between sperging out and being an obviously fake "alpha"
Act up a little bit if you really are that autistic, but tread carefully and don't go overboard.

Basically, act like a real human being. Not a robot or a chad and you should be fine.
>>
>>17562693
>i really wish i could like other types of girls, so my first tought was to go for the complete opposite and see if that makes me change
Yeah no, this won't be some sort of magic solution. Find a girl who actually wants your company first and foremost, this will involve a lot of digging.

>well the first two times she was legitimately busy she goes out of the city every weekend to visit her family
Yes but she never proposed a counter date as far as I can tell. She wasn't interested, and was dancing around it rather than giving a hard rejection. A lot of girls are going to be like that, so you need to learn to cut through the bullshit.

>>17562699
>Yeah but how do you meet people if not through hobbies and mutual interest?
College events and mutual friends are my big two right now. Meetup and shit also work, or a local pub quiz. Having a shared activity goes miles, because it gives you guys an easy subject to start with and more personal discussion can wiggle its way in fairly naturally.

>Went to a bar with a friend the other night, and despite the fact we were attached to eachother's hip the whole night just having fun with one another someone bought her a drink but not me.
I'm a pudgy nerd guy, people think a lot of positive things about me but being a ladies man certainly isn't one. My friend is a ripped jock at a glance basically, women I've been interested in would ask me to help them chat him up. Yeah, he's naturally going to get more attention so I have to put in more effort. That's life for you.

> Like I feel like I can't respect myself until other people can appreciate me.
Find something you can be proud of. No one is going to respect someone who low key hates themselves.
>>
>>17562754
yeah lol that's what I was saying. I don't have any "mainstream interests"that there would be events for. Plus I'm broke as shit so I cant afford paid activity much, like hitting the bars. I'm also fighting the fact I live in a verrryyyy small community, towns small and there aint much to do in it. The only friends I have are from back home really. I have the one friend here, the one I went out with that night, but t b h I love her but she's hella childish and immature and her friends outside me are basically just like her. Like, sometimes I wonder why we're friends since our personalities are so night and day, but we've been friends since kindergarten so I figure it has something to do with longevity

Frankly, sounds ironic coming from the queen of shit self esteem but I wouldn't have guessed her to be more attractive than me. At most I thought we were on the same playing field but I guess not. Well I guess I should have known we werent based on the fact she's had a bf for like, 6 years now while my longest relationship was 9 months.

The only thing I've ever felt proud of was my weight loss, but I'm not sure I should be since it's not like I did it in a healthy or admirable way. Frankly, I think I'm anorexic or beginning to be at least.
>>
I worked with this girl once when I was brand new last week, and she helped train me and we got along really well I thought, then I worked a different shift for a week, then I worked around her again today.

But today she acted like she hated me or something, it kinda threw me off. She didn't really answer me when I spoke to her a couple times, made a weird face when i smiled at her and said what's up.

There are a lot more details, but I don't really know what to put. Like maybe she's mad I'm a checker right away and she's bagging and knows more than me. Or maybe she got mad I talked to this other new girl I worked with today. Also, there were a couple times she stood by my checkstand when I didn't have any customers in a slow moment and I said what's up, and she just like shrugged her shoulders and sorta made a face, so i went to the front to try to get some customers in my line like you're supposed to. There have been a couple moments like that, so I don't know if she thinks i'm blowing her off or something, but i just don't want to get in trouble for standing around talking instead of doing what i'm supposed to be doing, especially since i'm new.

Or maybe she just thinks I'm a creep because I smiled at her too much or something. I dunno, i just thought she was kinda cute and funny so she makes me smile, but i wasn't trying to be creepy.

Anyway, how should i proceed? I don't want to have a weird, awkward workplace, but i feel like i already screwed up somehow.
>>
File: 1473327913121.gif (518KB, 700x215px) Image search: [Google]
1473327913121.gif
518KB, 700x215px
>>17562828
>Frankly, sounds ironic coming from the queen of shit self esteem but I wouldn't have guessed her to be more attractive than me.
Body language goes a long way. If one chick is closed off or doesn't seem to want to be there, I'm going to be more reluctant to chat her up compared to a woman who actually seems to be enjoying herself. Maybe that's not what was going on, but that would be my first guess. If this rings a bell, I suggest investigating it a bit.

>The only thing I've ever felt proud of was my weight loss, but I'm not sure I should be since it's not like I did it in a healthy or admirable way.
Then work on that. Do something really well with a hobby of yours, or join a charity. The onus is going to be on you here, but it really will do wonders when there's something you can point to and say that you helped make that, or helped to make the world a bit better.
>>
>>17562845

I know this might sound faggy and new-agey but I can't think of any other way to explain it: don't let her negative energy affect your positive energy. Keep radiating that good shit and if she wants to keep being a bitch then just let her
>>
Whats interesting stuff to talk about outside of work, hobbies, and tastes in culture?
>>
Girls, what do you feel when a guy sends you flowers randomly?
>>
Question for the ladies.

There's this girl in my college who asked me to help her study. She didn't need any help, but I don't think she was interested in me. The whole thing was just.. off. Why would she ask me to help her, assuming she wasn't interested in me?
>>
>>17562856
Mm I don't think it was that. Like I said I was having a fun time with her, we were just chatting it up shooting the shit when a dude walked up and ordered her a shot. I even really liked that bar, it's like a bar/arcade. It's really cool, played some pinball and mario.

>helped to make the world a bit better
Heh, thats kinda why I chose my degree as cliche as it is. I went into education because I wanted to fix the issues with it and give my students at least a less shittier time than I had.
I just don't know what to make my hobby I guess. I don't have many interests. Like I said, I just play the sims in my freetime. And post on 4chan. Neither can really be something to be proud of lol.
>>
>>17562981

She could be interested in one of your friends. Or maybe one of her friends in interested in you. Or maybe your self-esteem is so low you can't identify when a girl is flirting with you
>>
>>17562873
idk life experiences?
people always say not to but honestly I think talking about dreams is interesting. Some people have really weird vivid dreams, I know I do sometimes.
>>17562971
Shows he was thinking of you. You can replace flowers with anything really and get the same result. I had a bf just slip me a handwritten note before out of the blue saying something simple as "Have a great day, love ya!" and gave me the warm fuzzies for the rest of the day.
>>17562981
she might have thought she was interested in you but then changed her mind after spending time with you. Or maybe she just was second guessing herself and wanted to double check her work with you.
>>
Girls, if you have a really loose sexual history, would you tell the guys you are looking to date.
>>
I'm having trouble figuring out how I exactly feel about this situation, tell me what you guys think.

I asked out my crush in May, she said yes, turned into a no a few days later, explained to me in PMs her bf cheated 2 months prior, and she honestly felt bad rejecting me, but she told me she only saw me as a friend at that moment. I said okay, and by June I stopped messaging her. She never messaged me first, so it didn't matter.

The semester just started and she's messaged me a few times now, asked one of my friends about me, and did some flirty thing in a club we both have together the first week, she essentially would look at me till she caught my eye, smile, I'd ask, "What?" and she'd giggle and turn back around.

I don't want to get feelings for her again, but it's unavoidable seeing her. I saw her again today sitting down eating lunch, she motioned me over to sit with her and her friends, and me and her talked a bit and caught up a bit on what me and her missed over the summer. She seemed pretty interested, but not super interested as some points she was like, "Oh yeah, uh huh." while looking somewhere else.

Basically, I do like seeing her and it actually felt nice when me and her talked today, but I don't know how I feel about this entire thing. On one hand, I'm only letting her contact me - I won't talk to her or message her first anymore. On the other, when we do talk I feel more at ease with her than anyone else in my college, but she doesn't always seem 100% interested, I sometimes feel like she's just being friendly.

Any girls help me here? Any of you been in a similar situation? How can I definitely tell she wants nothing to do with me, even as friends?

I mean she's initiating some contact, so that's good, and some guys told me to just ease into "going out" with her since they seem to think she's interested but I just don't see it/feel it. Any help? I'm beating myself up mentally with this.
>>
>>17562990
No, it was definitely just happening. She came, we went over notes. She was clearly already done and had everything she needed. Also I doubt it, that's the only class I have with her and she doesn't know any of my friends.

>>17563000
She was just plain done. She didn't need any notes. Her work was pretty much complete. I just find the whole thing strange. And that whole second guessing thing doesn't really seem to hit it either.
>>
>>17563004
>I sometimes feel like she's just being friendly.

I should clarify, when I say I feel like she's just being friendly, I mean as in she's asking me these questions cause she doesn't want to be rude, she has no real interest in knowing the answers.

Not like, "I feel like she's just being friendly and not anything more than that"

Not sure if that was clear
>>
>>17563003
If he asked about my history I wouldn't lie, but I wouldn't bring it up either.
But I can only see him asking if he's incredibly insecure, especially if he's using the phrasing "loose sexual history" and that would be a huge turn off. Only thing that gives him valid merit to ask is to ensure I'm clean and was safe in my past endeavors.

Although I myself am a virgin, if a dude got too uptight about my history I'd probably leave because it's just a red flag in general.
>>17563009
Well maybe it was the former then. Thought she might like you after getting to know you, but then decided against it. It happens.
>>
>>17563037
So you find it unreasonable that a man could frown upon promiscuity
>>
>>17563009

are you both doing good in the class? maybe she just wanted to reassure herself that she isn't missing anything and chose you because you're on her level academically

although when she asked you to study, unless shes autistic she would've considered that it would come across kinda flirty. Either that's your open door, or she just doesnt give a fuck, or she really is just oblivious
>>
>>17563037
>Well maybe it was the former then. Thought she might like you after getting to know you, but then decided against it. It happens.
Eh, I guess. The whole thing kinda bugs me.

>>17563052
I'm alright. I haven't really made myself out to be overly academic or anything which is why I found it strange. Guess she just considered me for a moment and changed her mind. I'm the sorta person who always thinks there's more to it though, so I guess it's just nagging at me.
>>
>>17563051
Not unreasonable, but not the type of person I personally want to hang around.
Again, it reeks of insecurity to me, and I just value myself a confident guy
>>
>>17563080
So you think that someone who doesnt like promiscuity is insecure and not confident? Not sure if I can take you seriously.
>>
>>17563084
most of the time yeah. The type of person that freaks out about a chick whos had a couple partners in the past is usually at the root of it all scared about not living up to her past experiences.
If it's not about stds and not about that, what other logical answer is it? You seem upset that people have differing viewpoints than you.
>>
>>17563000
I'll do that note thing, also checked
>>
Ladies, why would you slap the back of your hand into a guy's chest in a joking manner?
>>
Men,

What can the girl do to help you relax a bit when you talk to her?
>>
Why have women given up on marriage and being SAHMs? Is it because it's not fashionable anymore or something?
>>
>>17563130
could be flirting, could just be friendly. I'd say more likely the former though, I don't tend to include physical contact with dudes I'm not interested in either romantically or sexually.
>>
>>17562845
Here

>>17562859
I think you're right, dude, but do any females out there have an opinion on why this chick may have acted this way?
>>
>>17563146
because divorce is rampant and love isn't real. Everyone, men too, know marriage has a shelf life and no woman is going to give herself zero options when that inevitable happens and be so reliant on another human being. So she's going to make sure she has a career of her own to fall back on when she's looking to pay for a divorce.

Look around you, how many people do you know who have never been divorced AND have happy marriages? It's rare to be someone's "one and only".
>>
Does just doing 200 pushups everyday build your bicep on the same level as lifting dumbells? Any experience with this? Too poor to afford dumbells or a gym. Please respond
>>
Any gender really,

Realized tonight the guy I like resembles my first ex in terms of personality. I have some hang ups about my first ex even though that was years ago. At first a lot of the guys I liked/dated resembled him in some way to the point my friends would remark about it afterwards. However I had a long term relationship since and I thought that was past me. After tonight's realisation though, should I just drop the crush like it's hot or give myself the benefit of the doubt?
>>
>>17563159
Working out and moving around inefficiently beats not doing it at all. Just do it anon.
>>
>>17563159
>ask /fit/
>>
Is there any way to make a girl who rejected you like you?

Or any "signs" I should be on the lookout for?

Clarifying, I don't believe she'd ever wanna go out with me, but I also have a stupid nagging thing inside my head going, "YOU MIGHT MISS A SIGN!"

So yeah, anything I should look for/take note of?
>>
>>17563167
Just move on. Don't cause her any more grief and try to keep your dignity intact anon.
>>
>>17563130
I agree with the first anon that replied. I usually refrain from or am just naturally repulsed by any physical contacy with guys I'm not attracted to.
>>
>>17563003
I have no problems talking about my values and morals when it comes to sex, or my opinions on promiscuity.
On the other hand, I wouldn't want to discuss about my body count or my sexual history with my partner at all, and, if he asked me to be specific about it, it would be a big red flag.
>>
Girls, what's the least awkward way a man can break the touch barrier? Both of us are too nervous.
>>
>>17563176
Shoulder tap or arm brush to get her attention but make sure you linger a bit to gauge her reaction. Just follow the swimsuit rule at first then up the ante.
>>
>>17563170
I'm sick of this response

I'm not a love sick puppy following her around at every corner, but we're still friends and I see her on campus every week since we have the same major and similar schedules.

She doesn't seem too grief stricken either, she's always the one coming up to me. I was sitting alone today and I hear my name and she's like across the room with some of her friends asking me to sit with her.

This moving on shit only works if you've met the girl at a bar or some shit and aren't forced to see her a lot or if she didn't ask you to be friends. She fucking asked me to be friends, the fuck do I say? "Oh no I'm an emotional man-baby who feels like he's going to die everytime he sees you!"
>>
>>17562165
ask to the guy beforehand, don't just show with your 20 inches horse dildo out of nowhere.
>>
>>17563187
Then just be her friend. Stop looking for something that will never be there. You're clearly still hung up about it. Plus have you considered that girls or some people in general are good at hiding their discomfort? Especially in public?
>>
>>17563146
Because if I was a stay at home mom we couldn't have a propriety house and we had to make debt to send my kid to college, because my husband alone doesn't make enough.
Because I would be left with nearly nothing if we divorced.
Because with a bit of intelligence slew still manage to spend most of the time with our kid and we don't need a babysitter or anything, so if I was a stay at home mom I'd sit around for 8 hours a day when he is at school and I dislike sitting around.
Because I studied 7 years to work this job and I truly enjoy what I do.
Because I don't cease to be a person the second I get married.
>>
>>17563095
Oh I always get upset when people are wrong on the internet. Differing opinions and making ridiculous assumptions arent the same thing.
>>
>>17563176
Put that arm around her man. It's pretty casual, and it sounds like you know she's into you since you're saying she's nervous too.
The ole arm around leads to cuddling, cuddling leads to kissing, kissing leads to sex.
>>
>>17562427
be understanding if he isn't able to please you.
Do tell him what do you want him to do to be able to get you off.
>>
>>17563205
lol ok then why does it upset you if a girl has had a few partners?
I just frankly don't believe in "moral" or "emotional" arguments because it's subjective.
>>
>>17563141
what exactly is the problem exactly?
he struggles coming with conversations topics or he is too shy?
>>
>>17563194
>Plus have you considered that girls or some people in general are good at hiding their discomfort?

Yes. If she had discomfort with me being there, she wouldn't have waved me over from another table and asked me to sit with her, would she? None of her friends with her are my friends, she asked me to sit with her on her own accord, I was just reading back some notes I took in my last class.

And I'm not "looking for something that will never be there", I'm asking if there's anything I should be aware of as it could mean something.

And yes, I'm hung up about it because she's started to contact me again out of the blue, I cut contact with her for the entire summer and the bitch is trying to talk to me again now, and it wasn't even a mutual cut contact, I never got messaged first by her so I said fuck it and stopped messaging her. She's doing it now, why the fuck could that be?

Why's she staring at me in classes now and giggling and going back to taking notes as soon as I ask what she's doing?

I mean I was rejected by her so she clearly doesn't like me, but fuck me that seems like interest does it not?
>>
>>17563160
depends, if the things that resemble to your ex are bad, like being abusive, drug abusive, womanizer, then probably is a good idea to let it go.
If things that are similar are merely physical: height, hair color, clothes style. I'd say is safe as long are they were the ones that approached you first and you aren't actively looking for people that resembles your past lovers.
>>
>>17563219

Both, I suppose.
>>
>>17563167
No, move on.
They might pretend interest but only to feed their own ego.
Women only care about themselves.
>>
>>17562427
>I feel bad for taking his wizard powers away, in another 5 years, he'd have hit master enlightenment.
not going to fall for this bait, 2/10
>>
>>17563227
ok, what about you?
are you good at having conversations or you just wait for the other person to come up with conversations topics for you to give your opinion upon?

I'd say the easiest way to get someone to talk is to find something you have in common and build confidence from there.

Like, find out if you both have hobbies in common, like the same tv shows, have visited the same places and such.
Is easy to talk about things you are interested on. Ask him about what are his interests and when you find something you are also interested start scratching.
Of course, with some people it might difficult, for example, my main hobbies are video games, movies and weeb culture in general, if a normie girl wanted to talk with me about my interests I could go for the most neutral topics as movies and tv series, but I couldn't be truly honest about my real drives unless she was also into those.
>>
>>17563225
It's not anything like abuse but mostly how I interact with them and the general air they give off. What made me realize it today was that we got into a heated argument over something very trivial. I was probably egging him on from the start but he got really admant about being right. Looks wise I know I definitely go for a similar look. The personality part however is never intentional. It's always something I realize down the line and it's always with guys I approach. Guys who approach me don't resemble him in looks or personality so the manner of interaction changes too.
>>
>>17563186
Sorry but what is the swimsuit rule?
>>
>>17563230

I dunno, maybe I'm young and naive, but what does she gain from this? She has about 15 thirsty as fuck guy friends who still think they have a chance with her, what does she have to gain by feigning interest in me?
>>
>>17563210
You can argue that the social contract between humans is subjective and extend that to justify horrible crimes. Promiscuity is an extremely unappealing aspect of a person and reflects a lot of about their character. Character traits I dont wish to be involved with.
>>
>>17563254
I hear this a lot but - what characters?
Honestly, once you know a person, aren't you pretty sure they don't have those characters?
>>
>>17563251
In the guidance lessons in Kindergarten classes children were told that if your swimsuit covers it, it’s a private area and no one should be seeing or touching that area.

Copy pasted from the googles.
>>
>>17563254
Well then the type of person who thinks sex is this big awful thing is not the type of character I want to hang around. I think it reflects a lot about their character to think of it as some sort of crime against humanity when it's just another basic human function. Makes you sound like youre insecure about it lol.
But to each their own, we're basically saying the same thing. You don't like it, thinks it says bad things about a person. I don't like that thought process, and think that says bad things about a person.
>>
>>17563250
to me it sounds more like the way they react to some of your behaviors.
do you consider this resemble is a bad thing?
>>
>>17563260
Weighing a persons actions is the best way to judge their character imo.
>>
>>17563253
as I told you, fed her own ego.
Boost her confidence.
Only positive things for her, for you? nothing. There's nothing for you keeping false hopes.
For you own good, cut contact and move on.
>>
>>17563275
I think it's half half. Maybe a part of me sees the physical resemblance and unconsciously starts behaving a certain way. In any case I was not happy during the time I dated him and I am just so put off by the possibility of anything similar happening. However I can't help what I'm physically attracted to and on top of that it would be logically speaking impossible to find someone with nothing in common at all since people's personalities aren't clearcut.
>>
>>17563284
>For you own good, cut contact and move on.

I'm not sure if you're reading my previous posts, but I did cut contact, kinda.

If she wants to talk or message me, it's on her own accord, but I'm not going to be the first to talk to her or contact her anymore.

I'm fine with being friends, I don't care. But she needs to want to be my friend, not the other way around.
>>
>>17563280
Yes but what does the fact that someone had sex influence their character?
Like - if someone kills puppies I know he is insensitive against animals and might be psychotic, if someone fucks around what do you know about them?
>>
>>17563294
It shows how they value sex, the interaction with others and how they value themselves.
>>
>>17563309
And you feel the same about guys and girls, right? You don't fuck around, and you aren't friends with people who would fuck around if they could or who have casual sex?
>>
>>17563312
Of course Im consistent when it comes to guys and girls. But saying Im not friends is a bit much. While my close friends are people who I would say roughly have the similar values as I, I dont mind associating with others. But asking me to be in an involved relationship is too much.
>>
Either gender really but maybe mostly guys

My accent is a little odd and nobody can quite place what it is, varying from German to English to Canadian despite the fact I've never visited those countries or lived outside my own. Is there an explanation I can give people? Usually I just shrug and it doesn't really help.
>>
>>17563370
make up a lie, whats the real reason?
>>
>>17563370
If you don't even know it yourself, just say so.
That's the way it is, you cant do much about it.
>>
>>17563374
>>17563380
There is no real reason. I haven't lived in another country before and none of my relatives have it. I've said I don't know but people don't really believe it or just follow up with things like "How can you not know?".
>>
>>17563394
I guessed so. If you don't have any reason, your shurgs aren't a bad answer to those questionning you. If they're not believing you, they're maybe not worth efforts to explain yourself.
>>
Question for the girls.

I want to ask my girlfriend to suck her tits. Is this normally something girls find weird or nasty?
>>
>>17563425
Asking is fucking weird.
>>
>>17562124
Question for chicks.

I show up to the first date and start playing make-believe with the cutlery and showing off my plastic dinosaur collection ("This one's name is Barry", "Don't speak to Barry that way you fucking whore", etc).

You are of course aroused. But by how much? Should I use a thermometer?
>>
>>17563442
So should I just do it?
>>
>>17563370
If they think you're foreign, roll with it.

If they don't and wonder how you got the accent, just tell them you watched a lot of foreign tv. Doubles as a neat conversation point.

Either way, not a big deal.
>>
I have an arm injury and can't carry much.
Yesterday my gf offered herself many times to come help me carry groceries to my place.
Did she expect me to invite her in? We've never had sex (too early l think)

Am I thinking too much about it when she just wanted to help me carry stuff?
>>
>>17563512
Not a grill but:
Yes and yes.
>>
File: 1469485674512.png (281KB, 535x466px) Image search: [Google]
1469485674512.png
281KB, 535x466px
I got shot down trying to kiss a girl on the first date, I'm going out with her again this weekend she wants to date me. Im thinking of going in again this weekend and if she shoots me down again. Ima ask her what's wrong? And IMA say I'm not gonna hurt you (I think she's afraid of catching feels, she hasn't really dated. And when I told her I liked her she made me promise I'm not gonna hurt her) and kiss her on the cheek. I need a female opinion
>>
>>17563522
But I live with my sister and she knows that.
Did she expect us to have sex or what?

More generally, should I accept whenever she offers herself to do something? Someone smart told me letting people do shit for you builds trust and I love this girl enough to imagine us married.
I obviously want to strengthen our relationship.
>>
>>17563528
>But I live with my sister and she knows that.
So?
>Did she expect us to have sex or what?
You had a bad arm and she wanted to help. That's it. Could have offered her a coffee or whatever and do talking and spend some quality-time.

>More generally, should I accept whenever she offers herself to do something?
If you're ok with that, why not?
Helping each other is part of the game.
>>
>>17563512
Actual girl here

>Did she expect me to invite her in? We've never had sex (too early l think)
Probably, but not necessarily for sex. Inviting someone in for a drink after they've helped you with something is just polite.

>Am I thinking too much about it when she just wanted to help me carry stuff?
Yes.
>>
>>17563312
>you aren't friends with people who would fuck around if they could or who have casual sex?
I think that's a bit unfair. I'm friends with a lot of people I disagree with, I have very different standards for a relationship compared to just being a friend. Just as I'm not interested in dating a promiscuous woman, there are also a number of political beliefs that I'd consider a deal breaker for instance. Doesn't mean I can't be friends with them.
>>
>>17563536
>>17563533
Now it makes sense and I feel like shit.
Thanks, I'll know better next time.
>>
>>17563540
If it says something about their personality, as the other anon implied, you should find that personality unappealing in general.
I don't date promiscuous people because I don't date people who have different morals for me, it'd be unpractical when it comes to educating kids or to long term stuff. But I don't think that it says anything about their personality.
>>
>>17563549
>If it says something about their personality, as the other anon implied, you should find that personality unappealing in general.
Personally I kind of see someones values as part of their personality. Yeah, I find a part of their personality gross, or sometimes naive depending on what the deal breaker is.

Are you completely enamored with all aspects of your friends? Wouldn't you call some self centered for instance? Or some overly head strong? People are imperfect, but some imperfections matter more than others to each individual. In this case I'd say I find the ability to share such an intimate act with a stranger pretty disgusting, but I also acknowledge that it's their life to live.
>>
>>17563552
I am not friends with people I don't like, no?
They have imperfections, but nothing I wouldn't bear in a partner either.
>>
Question for girls
What kind of personality traits are deal-breakers for you? Is humor sense really that necessary?
>>
>>17563555
You are free to disagree with your friends. Its not like you are married to them and have to function well as each others half or something.
>>
>>17563555
>I am not friends with people I don't like, no?
I'm just saying there are often aspects of my friends that I'm less than thrilled by. They're good people, but flawed as am I. You tend to have a stricter view on certain flaws when you're talking about building a life together.

Or in other words, I can be friends with someone who often has their head up their ass but I could never build a family with them.
>>
>>17563555
Women dont date guys under 5'10. Does that mean they cant be friends with them. It shouldnt be hard to understand that for a partner people have more restrictions.
>>
>>17563558
>What kind of personality traits are deal-breakers for you?
Huh, many. Basically - boring and immature. If you want me to be more specific
>Overly emotional
>Passive aggressive
>Gets angered easily
>Childish
>Rude
>Vain
>Superficial
>Stupid
>Plain
>Without interests
>Not able to stick to something
>Lies
>Manipulates
>Not self-aware
>Never says he's sorry
>Always knows what's best for everybody
>Can't accept criticism

> Is humor sense really that necessary?
Yes.
>>
>>17563560
I disagree with my partner too, on many things.
We're adults, we can have a discussion without breaking up

>>17563561
I don't have different standards for lovers and friends, beside physical attractiveness and wanting the same things in a relationship and for life.
For example I don't care if my best friend doesn't want kids, but I would care if the guy I dated did. But in most other things, I hold people to the same standards.

>>17563563
I'm clearly not talking about physical or sexual attraction, but just about personality.
>>
>>17563571
When you disagree with your friends thats that, because in the end youre not married to them. not the same for a partner. You think I want someone with values I dislike raising my children. Fuck no.
>>
>>17563571
>I don't have different standards for lovers and friends
Im absolutely certain this is bullshit and you have guys who are friend who you wouldnt date.
>>
File: 1459294935044.jpg (61KB, 468x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459294935044.jpg
61KB, 468x720px
>>17563571
>I don't have different standards for lovers and friends
lol
>>
>>17563578
But also with my partner it is like that. We disagree, have a discussion, end the discussion, learn something new.
I can't think of one thing that I wouldn't be bothered if my friends did, but would be bothered if my partner did.
Would you give me an example?

>>17563582
Not really? I have two guy friends, and they both have great personalities and there is no deal-breaker about them in that sense. My boyfriend is actually pretty similar personality-wise to the 2nd guy.
I wouldn't date them because one of them travels a lot for work and doesn't think about settling for the next 5-10 years, and the other guy friend is engaged to someone else.
>>
>>17563558
>rude, especially to people like wait staff or service workers
>Hates or is bitter towards women generally and thinks that "you're different from other girls" is a compliment
>boring
>immature
>lacks the ability to think for himself and/or is is easily influenced
>entitled
>likes to play the victim
>passive aggressive
>unable to take the blame and thinks that nothing is his fault ever
>related to that, lacks the ability to introspect
>doesn't learn from his mistakes
>uneducated (if you can consider that a personality trait)
>unmotivated and lacks ambition
>pursues money or status over everything else
>has a need to impress everyone, especially if it's with material things
>doesn't know how to manage money
>can't cook or clean
I could probably list more, that's just off the top of my head

>Is humor sense really that necessary?
Yes
>>
>>17563597
>We disagree, have a discussion, end the discussion
Theres no end to living with someone with incompatible views.
>>
>>17563600
>uneducated (if you can consider that a personality trait)
This one always sets me on edge. I'm an Engineer with a family in a blue collar background, so I've never seen college as a necessity. It was something I wanted to do, but I could respect it if others went other paths.

Never understood why people put it on such a pedestal.
>>
>>17563600
>boring
So that's it? You spend with him 3 months, one day you think that he might be boring and you ditch him on the same second?
>bitter towards women generally
Hmm, if he has bad experience with women how he wouldn't be bitter?
>>
>>17563610
If you're 12, maybe. Adults can have calm and fun discussions about things.
My partners and I disagreed on some stuff, but we managed to have a great relationship anyway.
The first boyfriend was more on the right side, I'm more on the left side. We had arguments, expressed our points of view, and then discuss backing up our opinions with facts and data till we find some conclusions we could agree on.
I actually learnt a lot from dating him about geopolitics and economy.
My current boyfriend is also much more politically correct than me, we have arguments and we talk about things, and often I even end up agreeing with him or viceversa.
In every day things it isn't even a big deal. We poke each other about it and that's it.
>>
>>17563613
>if he has bad experience with women how he wouldn't be bitter?
Because being bitter towards 3.5 billion people when a small group of them treated you badly is retarded.
>>
>>17563611
I've been brought up to value education. It's something I want to instil that in any children I may have. Dating someone who doesn't see the value of education is unlikely to be compatible. Plus, I love learning about shit all the time, and someone who hasn't pursued anything higher than high school is unlikely to share that, so again, it's a compatibility thing.

>>17563613
>You spend with him 3 months, one day you think that he might be boring and you ditch him on the same second?
What? No, it's pretty obvious when someone's boring. You don't have to wait 3 months to find that out

>Hmm, if he has bad experience with women how he wouldn't be bitter?
Then he lacks resilience (another dealbreaker I didn't mention) and/or doesn't know when his feelings are unhealthy and needs to get help. If he's bitter because he's like one of the guys on 4chan, then it's unlikely I'd want to date him anyway.

And who WOULD want to date a guy who takes personal experiences and extrapolates them onto half the population?
>>
>>17563620
That's a pretty natural human trait though. Many people hate various religions, races, fans of football teams, fans of TV shows, music genres etc for the same reasons.
>>
>>17563620
>>17563621
>le 3.5 billon people meme
Uh huh and you're going to meet them all. If 999 ants bite you, how stupid you have to be to think that 1000th one wont do the same?
> it's pretty obvious when someone's boring
And how do you come to this conclusion? He's not into the same crazy extreme nude skydiving as you?
>>
>>17563625
Cool.
If I was a member of said religion, race, football team/tv show/music genre fanclub I wouldn't want to have to deal with a moron who makes stupid generalisation about me or people like me.
At the same way, I'm a girl and I don't want to date someone who says shit like "all girls are whores but you and my mom".
>>
>>17563600
By educated do you mean school or can educated also just be being knowledgeable and well read?
>>
How do I find a cute emo girl with lolita dresses to join into a suicide pact with me?
>>
>>17563628
Generalising about all women based on your personal experience, which is also distorted by your own ideas and prejudices, is the same attitude feminists have.
If you think that it's fair to call all women sluts or cunts, it's fair to call all men rapists.
>>
>>17563628
Look, I'm not going to argue with you about this. As one of the guidelines for these threads goes, if you're not going to like the answer, don't ask your question.

And honestly, being as argumentative as you are is another dealbreaker

>>17563633
Depends, really. I would generally say school, but if you can demonstrate a level of thinking that schooling teaches you, then that may be enough. Just knowing facts or having read a certain number of books is not enough. Being able to communicate effectively and think critically is pretty important, and I think very few people who haven't had a formal education outside of high school can demonstrate those types of skills.
>>
>>17563638
To find a suicidal goth loli you have to become a suicidal goth loli. You need to start thinking like her, living like her, BE her
>>
>>17563640
>if you're not going to like the answer, don't ask your question.
You didn't even answer what you consider boring...
>it's fair to call all men rapists
That's been happening for quite sometime but no one cares about misandry.
>>
>>17563640
>bitches about generalizing people
>then claims all people without upper education are retarded and unskilled
you sound like a cunt
>>
>>17563642
But then I'd be a suicidal goth loli trap, and only be able to find those, right?
Seems like a conundrum.
>>
>>17563646
>You didn't even answer what you consider boring...
Okay
>unable to hold a conversation
>doesn't have m/any interests
>lacks personality
>lacks individuality
>uninteresting in general
I don't need to know someone for 3 months to find out these things about them

>>17563651
Okay
>>
>>17563640
>I would generally say school, but if you can demonstrate a level of thinking that schooling teaches you, then that may be enough. Just knowing facts or having read a certain number of books is not enough.
That's essentially what I meant. I mentioned the book reading and knowledge as an example.
>>
>>17563654
>interests
Similar or different ones? For example if he'd be really passionate about machines.
>>
>>17563658
Depends on whether we can get along and have other things in common. For example, if your entire personality revolved around cars and /fit/ and you studied something completely different to me, I'd find that boring, but if you enjoyed working on cars but we liked to watch the same TV or we studied the same major, then that's different. It's really not something I can analyse over the internet though, and it's not just that point alone that can make someone boring or interesting.
>>
>>17563662
>enjoyed working on cars
You'd find working on cars attractive? Why?

Curious because in my spare time I work on own and fix up my friends piece of shit for fun.
>>
>>17563621
>Plus, I love learning about shit all the time, and someone who hasn't pursued anything higher than high school is unlikely to share that
You're making a whole lot of assumptions about what an apprenticeship entails. You go to college to learn shit to apply to your career and build connections, it's not some special experience.

You're waxing on about how it teaches you these magical critical thinking skills but those come with life experience and introspection, neither of which come from your studies. Are you trying to justify an English degree or something?
>>
>>17563646
>That's been happening for quite sometime but no one cares about misandry.
The vast majority of women do not call all men rapists.
If you complain about feminists, you shouldn't be the male version of a feminist.
>>
is it easier to make friends with someone from the same cultural background
>>
>>17563670
No I don't (couldn't give a fuck about cars, actually) that was just going off your example to show that having different interests is okay as long as we have stuff in common.

Anyway, originally I said not having any or many interests, which is part of being boring, like I was asked about. Not having mutual interests is more about compatibility

>>17563674
I admit I forgot about things like trade, but I do consider them to be education beyond high school. I'm more concerned with things like what I mentioned in >>17563640, rather than actually knowing something about a particular subject however

>those come with life experience and introspection, neither of which come from your studies
That doesn't have anything to do with education IMO, that's general life experience and falls outside of whether you are educated or not. To me, being educated is not about whether you have life experience or can introspect.
>>
>>17563618
lol youre such a child. You dont go into a relationship when you disagree on core principles. It fails every time. No exception.
>>
>>17563676
Vast majority of women finds sexually attractive only for 10% of guys while the rest settle because of necessity.
>Male version of feminist
If people wouldn't be spouting 3.5 gorillion meme, I wouldn't reply to it. Generalizations exists because there's a lot of truth in it.
>>
>>17563687
What are these "core principles"? Unless your ideas influence your life or relationship directly (for example - you think women shouldn't allowed to vote or work, and you want to date a hardcore feminist), I can't really see ho it is not possible.

If you can't date someone with different political opinions, you're just a child who cannot hold a discussion.
Been with one guy for 7 years, with the other for 3 years. Broke up for unrelated reasons with the first guy. Never had a heated argument about politics with either of them.
>>
>>17563600
>>17563621
>>17563686
you dont sound like an easy person to get along with.
>>
Kinda a general question because I don't want this to have its own thread.

In my first relationship and oh boy I'm not use to the emotional swings. Like when I'm with my bf I feel really happy and everything is going good, but even if we don't see each other for a day I feel really anxious, upset and feel like he's regretted dating me, that he isn't hanging out with me because he doesn't want to and ext ext.

Anyways to smooth this fear away? I feel like the crazy girlfriend type, and that is not what I want.
>>
>>17563689
>Vast majority of women finds sexually attractive only for 10% of guys while the rest settle because of necessity.
Is there some science to it or it is just r9k banter?
Because I'm fairly certain it is not true.

>Generalizations exists because there's a lot of truth in it.
So all men just want to fuck. Men do not have feelings. Men do not care about anything but pussy, car and sports and can't really hold a discussion about any other topic.
>>
>>17563693
If you say so. I haven't had any issues in the real world.
>>
Is it easier to make friends with someone from the same cultural background as you? Also, is it easier to form a lasting relationship with someone from the same cultural background?
>>
>>17563695
Separation anxiety anon.
>>
>>17563700
You wouldn't be able to see if you were having issues due to your pretty obvious narcissism.
>>
>>17563701
Yes and yes.
This doesn't mean that it is impossible to be friends or date someone from a different background, but most people bond over similarities.
>>
>>17563696
>So all men just want to fuck. Men do not have feelings. Men do not care about anything but pussy, car and sports and can't really hold a discussion about any other topic.
This stereotype is because women mostly dates fratboy or other dudebros. Have you ever seen a shy or timid guy dating an attractive girl?
>>
>>17563704
If it makes you feel better about anything I've said that's offended you, feel free to insult me all you like.
>>
>>17563709
I'm not trying to insult you or feel better about myself, I've only seen what you've said and think it's pretty narcissistic. I'm curious what you're majoring too and I'm hoping it's not a waste subject like arts.
>>
>>17563706
So stereotypes about guys exist because women are whores, stereotypes about girls exist because women are whores.
Stereotypes about guys are clearly false, while stereotypes about girls are true. Because of reasons.
Are you going to say that women are the sole the reason why we have AIDS in Africa, an obesity epidemic, islamic terrorism and why Kim Jong-un is the dictator of North Korea?
>>
>>17563686
>I admit I forgot about things like trade
The main alternative to college?
>>
>>17563600
Anons learn your lesson and get to know people

At first sight she was just another girl and then when she opens her mouth more she is just a cunt with a stick too deep up her ass
>>
>>17563712
I'm studying law, actually, though I know plenty of people who studied arts and went on to get decent government jobs.

>>17563714
Considering I don't personally know anyone who did a trade, it's not something that springs to the forefront of my mind. And like I said, I consider them to be education too so I'm not sure why it's really an issue.

>>17563715
Anon, >>17563709 applies to you too. I'm sorry you didn't like my answer, but I just answered a question I was asked. I'm not asking you to date me anyway.
>>
File: 1457796366619.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457796366619.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
i liked this thread better when it wasn't people stereotyping genders and being up themselves like >>17563600

can we just do some Q&A like intended? this shit is depressing
>>
>>17563724
Which one of my dealbreakers offended you?
>>
>>17563728
You really should add
>Gets offended for shit he reads on 4chan
to your list.
>>
>>17563696
The pareto principle is pretty reliable, and dating isnt really an exception.

https://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-looks-and-online-dating/

Far from a perfect study, but it does show that while men rated women fairly evenly the majority of women rated men below average. If you're out for casual sex, what do you think is going to happen? It balances out when you look at dating, but not many men are exactly thrilled at the prospect of dating a woman who considers them unattractive.
>>
>>17563722
>law
Well alright, that's pretty good. I studied the same thing.

Most arts people I knew didn't go anywhere but very low jobs or just dropped out. One girl in-particular works at Burger King now but she was a massive fan of Elementary and hated Sherlock, so she's no loss to the world really.
>>
>>17563735
If I knew my list would have eventuated in this argument, I would have.
>>
File: 1435003207763.jpg (10KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1435003207763.jpg
10KB, 208x199px
>>17563737
>Elementary
>hates Sherlock
>>
>>17563737
Most arts majors are alright in my experience. I do have a degree in psychology and criminology and the vast majority of people I encountered were normal people, and most were pretty passionate about the fields. There is a small minority that is the stereotypical arts student, but I have no reason to think that the stereotype is reflective of reality
>>
>>17563722
I don't care about your answer and you haven't offended me

I'm just telling other people how important it's really knowing who you like or they might end up with someone like you

Liking someone blinds
>>
Ladies:

I'm serious ly trying to find a girl trhough online dating, but I have a problem: I can't seem to make small talk. I don't know how to break the ice properly (as the man is often expected to do so), and past this, having a conversation that doesn't look like a questioning is above my capacities. Do you have any advices on how I should proceed?
Also, any tips on taking slefies? I really suck at it, I can't even update my FB profile pic that is 5 years old with a nice picture of myself...
>>
>>17563736
It's one post from the OKcupid blog. It's not really a study, or an accurate statistic. But, huh.

The guys in the post honestly aren't good looking, or at least they posted pretty unflattering pictures. One of the guys in the pictures has red eyes, the other has a super awkward smile, one has a high-school tier picture (blurry, he isn't looking, playing an instrument).
Women put a fuckton more of care in taking a good picture of themselves and their appearance in general. Look at them! One has a fucking professional photo in her profile.

Maybe it wouldn't be so obvious if you met them in person, but when the first thing you see about them is a shitty picture... meh, I'd be offputted too.
>>
>>17563713
I'm not implying that women are whores but stereotypes about men stems from that women want a stereotypical attractive knuckle head. Have you ever seen women going crazy because of his personality and not his looks?
>>
How do you go about hiding that your last two fiances have died?

It always comes up with new girls after a while and it always goes hideously wrong.
>>
>>17563750
And stereotypes about women exist because guys go after easy, good looking girls because a lot of guys in their youth want to fuck hot girls, possibly without putting shitton of efforts in it.

>Have you ever seen women going crazy because of his personality and not his looks?
Yes, quite more than the opposite.
My boyfriend is overweight and balding, I find him amazing, and his personality and intelligence are so attractive that I get wet from texting him.
Whenever we have a good discussion about religion, literature or politics we end up fucking. We even have an inside joke to refer to after-argument sex.
>>
>>17563749
>It's not really a study, or an accurate statistic.
I'm not pretending it's perfect. But there arent exactly a lot of studies on stuff of this nature, the majority of it will be anecdotal evidence. Okcupid rummaging through data is a touch better.

>The guys in the post honestly aren't good looking
So what? Most women arent either. It's not as if women have kept their looks rolling while men fell apart, they too have grown fat and frumpy. The point is they don't actually know what average is, this is why men are often posting about how women are always wanting to date up. Plain janes that think they're a 7 are a dime a dozen.

Moreover, did you actually hit the show men/show women button?
>>
>>17563757
>go after easy, good looking girls
wanting to go and actually going in her are two different things. Even if there are easy, good looking girls that doesn't mean you're going to score. Usually if you hear about girl being slut it means that she's been fucking with semi-attractive/popular guys and not with nerds/spergs.
>My boyfriend is overweight and balding
What are his stats? I'm not going into another tall vs short argument but I'm genuinely interested.
>>
>>17563761
Most online dating relies on picture posted by the people who make the profile. Girls put a shitton of effort to look cuter than they are.
If I post a random pic of me on soc I would get rated a 5 or 6, if I post the right selfie I could get a 8 easily. In real life, this wouldn't be an issue.

Yes, the guys in the "show men" pictures are really good looking. I even think that one of the good looking girls is mediocre... but whatever.

>>17563762
>>17563762
>she's been fucking with semi-attractive/popular guys and not with nerds/spergs.
I mean... if you could choose between fucking a semi attractive girl and a ugly sperg, I doubt you would choose the ugly sperg.

>>17563762
>What are his stats?
6"1', 220 lbs.
He was a professional athlete, but got injured and fat.
I met him when he was already fat.
>>
>>17563770
>I mean... if you could choose between fucking a semi attractive girl and a ugly sperg, I doubt you would choose the ugly sperg.
I'm not about preferences but from where sluts are coming. Personally sex as physical "exercise" is offputting if there's no genuine connection.
>>
>>17563770
>Yes, the guys in the "show men" pictures are really good looking. I even think that one of the good looking girls is mediocre... but whatever.
Then I hope you get my point. Those people were rated "equal" attractiveness, roughly.

Again, women overestimate their value fairly frequently. This talk about how they fluff themselves up for pictures is fairly moot when a guy given the same score as a woman is actually better looking than her.
>>
Girls: what would you think if you found out a guy you were into had dated a transsexual prostitute (not as a client) (and direct have any VD)?
>>
I have a hard time understanding how i can be completely undesirable to all girls.
According to me there's not really anything wrong with me. I'm a very regular, ordinary guy.

Girls, do you think that there is such a thing as a guy that no girl ever wants?
What could be the problem with such a guy if it wasn't something obvious, i mean a seemingly relatively normal guy.
>>
>>17563777
>I'm not about preferences but from where sluts are coming. Personally sex as physical "exercise" is offputting if there's no genuine connection.
For most men it isn't, tho. I doubt that the majority of men would say no to sex with a really good looking women.

>>17563782
>women overestimate their value fairly frequently.
Not in this case, tho. Men are valuing women, not women valuing themselves.
>This talk about how they fluff themselves up for pictures is fairly moot when a guy given the same score as a woman is actually better looking than her.
If I am judging based on a picture, a woman who looks at first sight like a 8/10 might get a 8, even if when you look at the picture better you can tell she's fat and she's using a flattering angle. A man who is maybe a 8 (like the guy in the 2nd row of pictures, the one in the snow) but has a meh picture can be rated a 6.
This is what I'm saying.
>>
>>17563843
Not really. You're either not really trying to get with girls, or trying to get girls who aren't interested in you.

How old are you? How do you look like? What are your hobbies/interest? Some things about your personality? Are you social? Do you ask girls out often?
>>
>>17563858
>Men are valuing women, not women valuing themselves
They are valuing themselves and others and thinking others are less valuable than themselves.
>>
Girl I like asked for my number but never texts me. I know it doesn't automatically mean that she likes me as well, but if she wants me to text her why doesn't she respond? If she just wants to be friends with me, how come she goes out with our co-workers but never tells me about their plans to go out? She'll go to the movies and lounges without letting me know. I don't understand what she wants from me or expected from me. If she doesn't want anything to do with me, then what the fuck was the point of all this? If I asked for the number from someone I'm interested in, I'll call them or text them to let them know, "hey I'm going to the movies with some friends of mine, wanna go?"

It's so simple, I know some of you might say that it's the guy's job to do that, thing is, she always has plans and I don't see why she can't at keast text me to say that she's going out and if I would like to go as well. I know I'm talking about a girl here but this extends to our co-workers as well. They seemingly like talking to me and whatnot, but they always make plans without letting me know. Are these people just fake? I don't understand if I'm the one doing something wrong here. Maybe I fucked up and she wanted me to ask her out
>>
>>17563863
It's not a ranking by comparison (ex: guys who look worse than me/guys who look better than me), it's just rating people on a scale from 1 to 10.So it doesn't really matter what I think of myself.
Of course if I think I'm a 8/10 and I'm looking for a partner based solely on my looks and thiers, I will aim for someone 8 or higher, but it still doesn't matter when rating, I think.
>>
>>17563861
>How old are you?
>How do you look like?
Alright, some people on the internet say i look good. I'm very tall but mostly i look regular.
I try to dress well, often casual shirts or rubgy sweaters and such, good jeans or chinos, leather shoes with matching belt and such.
Short hair with a side parting.
>What are your hobbies/interest?
Mostly riding horses now. I spend quite a bit of time alone by my computer.
>Some things about your personality?
I try to be pretty funny, I like joking and hearing jokes a lot. I was very shy as a kid and might be a little now too.
>Are you social?
In my years of failed attempts at university i partied quite a bit, i was a bit social when i was drunk.
I don't have a social life, i have tried hard to get one and socialize in university, for some reason i can just become an acquaintance when everyone else gets friends.
>Do you ask girls out often?
2 times. I don't really know girls to ask out and i am not able to do it usually.
Maybe if it EVER happened that i knew a girl where there seemed to be some tension and she looked at me sometimes and such it would be easier but they are all completely uninterested in me.
>>
>>17563871
Look, it all boils down to how you fit with her.
If you don't think think how she acts, consistently, is cool there is no need to force yourself to be with her.
>>17563884
It matters because you are setting unrealistic expectations.
Sure, it can work on for a while but in the long run it fails. Not that i think they are aiming for the long run but still.
>>
>>17563902
You really don't get my point.
I'll try with an example.

I think I am a 8/10. I rate three guys - 4/10, 6/10, 8/10.
I think I am a 5/10. I still think those guys are a 4, a 6 and a 8.
It's independent from my perception of myself. I'm not rating them by comparison with me, I'm rating them because of them.

Maybe a 5 would go for a 4 or a 6, while a 8 wouldn't - but that doesn't change the rating itself.
>>
>>17563902
>If you don't think think how she acts, consistently, is cool there is no need to force yourself to be with her.

What? Can you explain differently?
>>
>>17563891
So you don't have a social life, you don't know girls, and you don't ask girls out.
This is why girls don't want you. They don't even know you.
>>
>>17563910
Yeah, but how you rate yourself will define how you deal with them.
>>17563911
Extreme example:
>Girl doesn't want to initiate anything ever
>Boy wants to iniciate exactly 50% of the times
Boy doesn't need to adapt to Girl to date her because, in the long run, at least one of them will be dissatisfied.
>>
>>17563922
>Boy doesn't need to adapt to Girl to date her because, in the long run, at least one of them will be dissatisfied.

So... stop texting her?
>>
>>17563929
I don't know, that's your call.
What i'm telling you is that you have to ponder if you'd enjoy being with her considering how she acts and decide for yourself.
>>
>>17563913
When I do have female acquantances, there is nothing to indicate any interest.
When i was a kid in school i knew girls and they were all repulsed by me.

In university i have had tons of female acquaintances even if i have none now.

In online dating they don't respond to me. In tinder they swipe me left.
>>
Am I wrong to think my mom doesn't like me?

When I lived with her we had fights all the time and she said some pretty mean things about me. Like that she didn't want me to live with them, was leaving my dad and didn't want custody of me, that I was a loser, that it was no wonder I didn't have friends.

When I moved out our relationship improved, I stopped being bitter at them, I could see how hard it'd been and was more appreciative. My mom is always talking about how she wants me to come visit (they live far away) and how much she cares, but when I do visit, she just wants to watch TV. She doesn't seem interested in interacting with me beyond the bare minimum. When we go out to eat she'll spend the entire time before the food comes on the phone. If I ask if she can call me when she's free, she tells my dad to. She's like never called me, it's always my dad (bc she tells him to call). This was like this as a kid, if I asked her to help me with something or hang out, she'd say yes but then send my dad, always.

Does it sound like she doesn't like me?
>>
>>17563936
So you've decided that no one likes you and that you're not even going to try. There's your problem.
>>
>>17563959
She likes you but doesn't like to spend time with you.
>>
Girls and guys

So, I'm quitting girls. I'm done. I went for a long walk this morning, and I decided I'm not going to view porn, I'm not going to fap anymore, and I'm completely done with girls. They are too frustrating to deal with, they don't seem to respect nice guys, and they are stressful. I am ok with dying alone.

Anyone else done this too? Just set a goal like this?
>>
>>17563963
How can you like someone but not like spending time with them? Is there anything I can do to fix that?
>>
>>17563974
we don't know what her problem with you is. talk to her, maybe with your dad around, in person.

>>17563964
great, less competition. appreciate that.
>>
>>17563984

You're welcome
>>
>>17563964
Many people have and for the same reason.
The problem is that you divide people in 2 categories (male, female) and made a judgement for a whole category.
You can do whatever you want but most of the time you'll only be happy with the things you had a good reason to do.
See people as people and not as boys and girls; it'll give you a much better sense of reallity and you'll judge their actions better. Most people are shit and learning how to identify them is much more effective than quitting girls.
>>17563974
I love my mom to death and i would give my life for her but our personalities are simply not compatible. It's chore to me to be with her for a long time but i still love her.
Your situation seems to be the same except more extreme.
Sorry, i can't advice on how to fix it because the many times i tried i failed and things got worse. Now i'm in a better place in my head but i'm, honestly, afraid of trying again.
>>
>>17562124
Question for femanons, is my lion's mane a deal breaker for you?
>>
What are some not creepy ways to approach girls? What's the most and least creepy way you've been approached?
>>
>>17563991

What I meant is I'm done with sex, I'm done with flirting, I'm done with dating/relationships. I'll talk to females on a professional or friendship level. But I'm not going to allow it to go past that point.
>>
>>17563995
Start small talking and try to make conversation interesting with some random questions.
>>
>>17563998
Go ahead, the only thing you need to be happy is yourself. Maybe this will make it easier, maybe it'll make it harder.
I just don't think your reasons are good enough.
Good luck.
>>
>>17563961
Maybe it would be different if there had ever been anything to indicate any girl having any interest in me.
And it's not really like i choose to not try i can't do it.

Also how do you mean, try?
Am i supposed to just ambush some stranger, grab her, turn her to face me and then start to talk to her?
>>
>>17563995
one dude once stalked my mom at the grocerie store and thanked her to have given birth to such a wonderfull daughter...
that was pretty creepy and hugely inappropriate.
besides of autism like that i guess it all boils down to the question if your advances are welcome or not, iow if the girl is available and thinks you are bf material. it´s not creepy to approach a girl (if you don´t do it like grocery-guy...). she might feel anxious about how to respond to unwanted attention (althought, it is always flattering to be completely honest) and some immature girls simply can´t handle a situation like that and might think you´re creepy. but there´s really nothing you can do to determine if she´ll end up thinking you´re creepy. you can try to eliminate the possibility by approaching girls "inside your league", that are available and actively looking for someone, who are mature enough to handle unwanted attention in a non-damaging way, and by avoiding overdoing it. which is a vague term, i know. try to think of it as something you need to be able to increase if she´s your gf. so, buying a girl you have eyed from afar flowers will be reepy because you obviously skipped several steps. you might bring flowers for your 2. or 3. date. or if you want to meet her family after 3 dates, that´s creepy. creepy is if someone progresses too fast and you are still adapting to the previous level of intimacy. which again, is vague since the speed to progress differs from person to person and might change from relationship to realtionship or over time.
>>
>>17564025
Did you ever indicate to a girl that you were interested? There are plenty of girls in your position, you haven't done jackshit for them.

It's a choice. You choose to not do it.

>Am i supposed to just ambush some stranger, grab her, turn her to face me and then start to talk to her?

You seem to be seriously socially incompetent, try seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist.
>>
Do girls like /fit/ bodies on manlets or is it even worse than being a manlet?
>>
>>17564237
Different girls like different things.
>>
>>17562386
Without posting my face online
>>
Girls, do you usually be friends with someone before it going further or do you just know pretty early?
>>
>>17564061
>You seem to be seriously socially incompetent, try seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist.
It was a rethorical question and you know it.
>>
>>17564280
Personally, between the first 10 minutes I talk to them I know if I'm attracted or not.
I usually try to see them without taking things further (dating, not fucking - I don't have sex before I'm in love with someone) for three weeks or so to see if they bore me.
>>
>>17564280

Usually I know early on if there is potential for anything beyond friendship, yeah. But I also do like to be friends first, just to be sure. I don't do flings and I also don't want to ruin a friendship unless I'm sure it's worth the risk. I was friends with my current bf for 1.5 years before I made a move.
>>
How hard is it for a guy to cum only form a bj?
>>
gurls:

hw 2 get qt russian gf?
>>
>>17564508
dpnd hw gud u r gurl
>>
Dudes.

What would an ex have to do to get you to fuck her no strings attached?
>>
Girls, why respond to a stranger if you're only going to give one word responses?

I'm not sure what guys do that is similar to that, so what are some weird or smug things guys do to women during conversation?
>>
>>17564660
have emphasis on the no strings attached part
even then it's a gamble in this day and age, you could be lying, or you could just be trying to use/abuse them
it probably depends on how the relationship was and how it ended, but if it was all kosher then the guy would probably have no problem with it.
>>
>>17564660
Depends on the ex.

I'd tell some to fuck all the way off, I hate them, we broke up because I hate them, and it will be too soon if I never see them again.

Others, all they'd have to do is lay it out there.
>>
>>17564664
Shush and verbally overpower them. If she attempts to talk over you, feign having any sense of give and appear to back off very briefly while simultaneously continuing to raise your voice until she eventually caves and stops trying to speak. Make it very clear that her generating outputs will be strictly on your terms.

Seen it once, seen it twice, seen it ten thousands times, and I'll see it again.
>>
How to approach a girl surrounded by a group of friends?
>>
>>17564660
Indicate that's only one time thing.
>>
>>17562165
If she brought it up first and it wasn't to replace me (something small for her clit while having sex, or something for the butt as added stimulus) then I'd be okay with it.

If it's a long term thing, I'd say after the 3rd time. You don't want to spook the guy into thinking he's not good enough to please you.
>>17563141
Eye contact, laughing, have a relaxed body language, active listening. I want to know that I'm not just word vomitting all over the place.
>>17563160
Give him a chance if he's not abusive or showing other negative personality traits. He's not your ex so he doesn't know anything about this previous guy who affected you.
>>17563167
Move on. They will never like you in that fashion, you'll just be chasing an imaginary construct if you don't.
>>17563370
Don't worry about it. If someone asks, tell them it's just how you pronounce things.
>>17563964
Nice guys = doormat. Just be a person and forget about assigning yourself to a category. If you don't want to date then that's your choice, not because you've written off the possibility but due to not finding a compatible person.
>>17564660
Depends on how we ended our relationship. A lot of my exes I would refuse no matter what they offered. The physical part doesn't matter: I'm not opening up old emotional wounds or old doors that were meant to stay closed.
If it was one I parted on good terms with then I'd say her offering, her partners since we parted and condoms being used.
>>17564684
You don't. It's like walking into a Tiger's Den wearing a Meat Tuxedo. Let them enjoy their night and if one of them likes you, they will try to get your attention.
>>
why are you incapable of a basic level of empathy
>>
File: female-brain-male-brain.jpg (47KB, 500x229px) Image search: [Google]
female-brain-male-brain.jpg
47KB, 500x229px
Ladies:

How has being a femanon on 4chan altered or reinforced your views/understanding of men at large?

Do you feel you have a better sense of how men "really" think (especially about women)? Are you more/less sympathetic to the male experience and perspective? Is it a whole new insight into men or proof of an old one for you?
>>
>>17564704
>if one of them likes you, they will try to get your attention
A girl approaching you on her own? Does this even happen in real life?
>>
File: 1469327061098.gif (2MB, 245x207px) Image search: [Google]
1469327061098.gif
2MB, 245x207px
>>17564723
>he thinks men think about sex more than women do
>>
I'm 6'5", losing weight (bit of a gut still but I have a neck line. I dress decently and I can be funny. I'm in school for a good career and I have a hobby that I'm relatively good at. I'm not lacking in confidence either.

why is it that my batting average is so shitty? Like, if 5 is average, I want to date 6-7's but only 4.5 and down ever show any interest in me.

I'm just super confused about it.

Gay guys like me though, so I atleast have that to feel good about. It'd be nice if I were gay and didn't have to deal with it.
>>
>>17563157
Marriage works for plenty of people. What are you talking about?
>>
File: 1464361163334.png (17KB, 633x772px) Image search: [Google]
1464361163334.png
17KB, 633x772px
>>17564738
>Gay guys like me though, so I atleast have that to feel good about. It'd be nice if I were gay and didn't have to deal with it.
Iktfb
>>
>>17564723
I've been here for around 10 years and there is a lot of variety across the boards. I can't really say I learnt anything from the men using this site except don't date nerds from /v/.
>>
>>17564733
We do. Good try though.
>>
>>17564723
I don't think that 4chan is a good way to determine how the average male thinks.
I have been really surprised of what men think and say about girls on here because it totally differs from my IRL experience of it. I've been kind of disgusted often.
But I started noticing that if I spend more time on here, I really think less of men. I expect them to have absolutely unreasonable beliefs about women and life. I feel much less sympathetic.
I sometimes feel like on this site there are a lot of people who actually are just the male version of tumblr feminists - just as stupid, annoying and one-sided, watching the world with their crybaby-victim-glasses.
I just take a couple of days off and interact with people more, when it happens.
>>
>>17564725
704 here, It does. Be someone who can be approached and someone who others want to approach: have open body language (look it up on the interwebs), practice active listening (listen and ask questions or thoughtful responses), get some well fitting clothes (Thrift shops), light stretching daily, have a hobby or interest people can relate to, and don't go looking for people to swoon over you. Someone will notice you eventually.
>>
>>17564756
>704 here
the fuxk
>>
>>17562353
>I'm too ugly for a dude to want long term anyway
Pfffffffffff, it goes exactly the other way
Hot chicks are nice for a while, but eventually you get real fucking tired of their shitty personalities and massive egos.
Girls who are both beautiful and long-term relationship material are incredibly rare, and they're all taken.
>I'm kinda the desperation bang that you pray your friends wont find out about because they'll know how low you'd sink.
If you're an ugly slut, yes.
But if you're an ugly brilliant biochem major, nobody's gonna be ashamed of you.

Of course, the above really depends on how you treat yourself, too. It's a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.
>i'm ugly, i don't think anybody wants me
>better slut around with fuckboys to make sure of that
>maybe get a couple STDs while i'm at it
>might as well bring my vibe collection because we all know how good drunk frat boys are in bed
Seriously, the more you treat yourself like trash, the harder it becomes to find a guy who'll look past that to your real value.
>>
>>17564763
basically saying I was the OP of that post without saying OP.
>>
File: 1468565320638.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468565320638.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>>17564752
>>
>Looking at a Spanish shopping catalog with my classmate for a partner assignment
>She tells me:
>These [glasses] would look good on you *playful giggles*
Is...is this flirting?
>>
Girls, Need advice.

I haven't had a girlfriend so a buddy of mine gave some chick my snapchat. She texted me and we talked all day, goes to my school too. We ended the conversation at like midnight with her saying to say hi to her at school as she sent me a bunch of snaps but she only saw one of me my friend took.

The next day (yesterday) she sent me a snap (might of been reply all), so I sent one back.

We haven't met in real life. I'm thinking I should wait a day to respond and then see if she wants to hangout on the weekend. We haven't met in real life so I don't wanna be a bit forward. What do
>>
>>17564796
>We haven't met in real life. I'm thinking I should wait a day to respond and then see if she wants to hangout on the weekend
You should first meet her in person at school, say hi and strike a conversation to see how your chemistry really works. From my experience, going on a date right away with someone you have only talked to online is not a good idea.
>>
File: 20160912_175832.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_175832.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Can I pull off a tank top or am I still too fat? I'm 6ft4, 275 lbs. I've been lifting a lot so I can wear shit like this in the summer
>>
>>17564783
You quote yourself newfag

There is only one OP you are the number of your post
>>
>>17562474
>Is that true in the reverse? If a super ugly chick puts the moves on you dudes, like absolutely 100% unfuckable makes you wanna throw up just looking at her ugly, do you get really creeped out?
No, of course not. Most of us are not total fucking assholes with egos so large we feel insulted by the very notion of a mere mortal approaching us.
This is coming from a decent-looking dude who gets approached every once in a while.
Last girl who did so was ugly as hell. I didn't even notice until later, in person i just ignored her face and focused on the good parts, eg the fact that it probably took her a lot of effort to build up the courage to do this, the way she held her books with her arms crossed over her chest like an anime character, her soft, quiet voice, etc.

I suspect most guys are the same, short of testosterone-fueled frat boys of course. See >>17562489, >>17562593, >>17562652.
Seriously, the stuff good-looking women say and write about people who dare to approach them disgusts me.
If i was as big of an egocentric asshole as any of them, i would do the world a favor and off myself directly.
>>
>>17564816
>that facial expression
Ate an entire lemon?
>>
>>17564723
This is a complicated question that could have a thousand answers and what not.

Short answer is yes. Not that I have some new insight into r9k retards that rant about hating women, but that I've been shown and researched into objective facts that help explain why certain types of men, or really why all types of people exist.

Understanding people is all really intuitive once you get the basics of sexual dimorphism down but I guess virgins are forced into understanding it by default from the social rejection. Even then I don't think your average /robot/ really has the capacity or the will to delve deep enough to truly comprehend the basic biological facts of their situation and how to escape their social dilemma.

>>17564816
Looks fine

Guys shouldn't care about looking fat. I'd rather date a guy with a bit of a belly than a guy I can physically lift up.
>>
>>17564842
high as a kite
>>
How to keep ignoring ex who keeps sending me messages? She's been trying to contact me since july. Off and on.

But I haven't spoken to her in almost two years. I've been ignoring it because I don't want to get caught in the hurricane of shit that was our relationship due to my bipolar depression and her BPD. What do?
>>
How do you end a relationship without it being to hard on the other person?

Been dating gf somewhere between 2 and 3 years, and i cant be bothered anymore im tired of being in a relationship it feels like a waste of time, i see her once a week at most and only speak to her for like 2 hours out of the day due to her schedule. When i do see her she complains at me or gets annoyed at me for random shit, i cant be arsed to argue so just let her complain till she apologizes for being a bitch.

My gf says she loves me very much, so i dont want it to be as gentle as i can in it. I tried to break up with her before when we had a big argument and she was devastated, but since then we have not really argued on the same level and it would be out the blue to end it. But i still just cant be bothered anymore when i know i could have more enjoyment just being single, and doing shit when i want.
>>
>>17564794
when it's a bit out of the blue, yep.
>>
My fuck buddy is somewhat frigid and we haven't been able to have sex properly, also i'm a bit inexperienced.

What to do here? She doesn't like oral sex either.
>>
>>17564874
it will be hard, that's just how it is.
being clear and unambiguous helps, though.
>>
>>17564874
Break up in public so she hopefully doesn't cause a scene. Sit her down and tell her why YOU want to split. Don't make it her fault. If she spouts promises to improve and what not be firm and say no, we're done. If you give her a face-to-face break-up you lessen the blow (trust me).
>>
>>17563464
ew no
>>
>>17564876
It was pretty random(nothing to do with assignment) and almost made me blush because of how unexpected it was. Is that what you mean?
>>
>>17564881

Terrible sex is not better than no sex. In fact it is worse. She doesn't like your penis enough to suck it and she isn't enthusiastic about you enough to be adventurous. Sit her down and ask her what she likes and doesn't like. Really hammer home that you are willing to put effort in pleasing her and that she should do the same for you.
>>
>>17564816
>>17564816
>I'm 6ft4, 275 lbs
Whoa, i literally have the same stats. You know what? It's actually impressive to be fat at that kind of height as tall people are usually skinny af. Do you also have a problem when walking and tights start rubbing to each other?
>>
>>17564981
Naa I don't have problems walking, I wrestled and played football in college
>>
>>17564899
>>17564891

Should i wait for better time, i feel like it is such a shit time to do it. We have both started new jobs but i feel we are more distant than ever, i was planning to give it a month or two and then just see if it crumbles.

I feel like we are two different people from when we met, our personalities clash now and it causes hassle.
>>
File: eee.png (6KB, 394x207px) Image search: [Google]
eee.png
6KB, 394x207px
how do I respond to this shit
>>
File: 1473307285712.png (900KB, 1000x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1473307285712.png
900KB, 1000x1264px
>>17564994
"can't wait to try you out either"
>>
>>17564988
Oh, you're kind of lifter. My bad.
>>
>>17565006
That sounds good and all but honestly Im looking for more of a relationship rather than to hook up
>>
>>17564980
We actually did that last time, she kinda told me she's more into girls, and that probably can't have orgasms. She's into kissing, fingering and let's me suck her tits. When doing that she moans lightly and shivers so maybe i'm doing something right?
Honestly, i'm more surprised she's willing to meet me a third time though.
>>
>>17564928
pls respond.jpg
>>
>Send serious messages on dating sites
>No replies
>Mess around not giving a fuck
>Get replies

I dont understand but alright.
>>
Why do guys with great actor skills, which they use to captivate women, whine to me deadpanly about how their life is shit, their failures and about their unrequited love?
Is it a thing?

Is it another trick to manipulate me (just because i am naive and ugly, piece of cake), because being charming doesn't work?
Or are they honest? Do they need to vent like other human beings?
>>
>>17565117
>deadpanly
That's probably a hint they're being sincere. When I'm honest with someone and telling them my problems that I'm not proud of/responsible for I don't really have any emotional inflections in my voice, I've noticed.

I'm a virgin with no acting skills however. Though I do find homely and/or less intimidating people easier to open up to and my disabled friend knows me better than my friends that spend more time with me.
>>
>>17565117
reading that post hurt my head

learn to format your sentences beyond an elementary level of english please
>>
>>17565117
>Is it another trick to manipulate me (just because i am naive and ugly, piece of cake)

You probably seem very unthreatening since you apparently have low self confidence so it is easier for people to vent.
>>
If a girl you love likes you but rejects you is the best move to get away from her?
>>
>>17565117
All of the above may be true.
Some may be trying to get sympathy from you (some girls really fall for that shit hard), others may be whining because they're just angsty teens at heart, a few might be venting because they're schizoids or sociopaths being honest for once (though they typically don't vent to girls, especially not normal sane girls), etc

take a hard look at that last one
>great actor skills, captivate women
>whine to me
>is it another trick
>i am naive and ugly, piece of cake
>being charming doesn't work
as in, take a good hard look at yourself and try to rationally reconcile those thoughts
>>
>>17565193
delete her from social media, block her number and never contact her ever again in your life.
>>
>>17565117
They sound pretty genuine and depressed. I know a guy who does the acting and captivating women thing and for some time I was envious but after finding out how depressed and unloved he really was, it just made me feel bad for him. It also taught me that you can act and grab a woman's attention, but you can't keep up the act your entire life and you eventually end up alone.

So I've been properly dating a nice girl for a few years now and I'm just myself while he's still out there doing the act thing but still being depressed about not finding love.
>>
>>17562427
>Took away his wizard powers

I keked
>>
Women, what to do about a girlfriend with no sex drive? Her hormones have been fucked up since she was a teenager, and she had to take medication for several years that completely butchered her libido.

We both love each other, but she just has trouble in bed. This causes her to get frustrated and scared, which just compounds on the problem and makes it worse. She just starts crying and blaming herself.
>>
Everyone -

Every time my study partner (who is a girl) comes over to my house to meet, we always end up watching Netflix. Literally every single moment we watch she puts her ass right on my crotch, and would grab my head and lay them on her boobs every now-and-then. But I never understand, we're just friends. I've spanked her before and she would hit me, but literally, I don't get it. She doesn't want me to do anything but she puts her ass on my dick (we're wearing clothes btw)

What's happening? Is she playing with me?
>>
Does anybody ever just wanna be friends anymore? Or does everything have a flirting connotation? Why is there so much unintended hidden interpretation between talking to the opposite sex? Can't we just be civilized human BEANS?
>>
>>17565553
>She doesn't want me to do anything but she puts her ass on my dick
That's just how women say hello, anon.

Seriously though, I have no idea why you guys aren't fucking, it seems to be you.
>>
>>17565553
>put her ass on your dick constantly
>grabs your head and puts it on her boobs
Make a move dude. The sign couldn't be anymore obvious.
>>
>>17565592
That makes perfect sense
>>17565620
Sometimes she says, and I quote, "I Find it weird, since we are just friends" yet shoves her circular behind all up on me. AND SHE IS THE ONE DOING IT
>>
File: CsGt6CHWIAQ5dRx.jpg (105KB, 749x736px) Image search: [Google]
CsGt6CHWIAQ5dRx.jpg
105KB, 749x736px
Saw this, what do you think?
>>
>>17565632
Well talk to her about her confusing signals then.
>>
>>17565644
>dubs proven
sounds good Anon, thanks once again.
>>
good ways to ask a girl to be friends with benefits/ fuckbuddy?
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.