[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joining the Air Force/Should I learn a trade in service?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 0

I'll try and keep this brief. I don't know if I should just focus on my AFSC and anything to do with it or learn a trade on the side as a back up? My plan was to learn a trade on the side while in service but I'm ambivalent.

Looking for some opinions, input. If you want more details just ask.
>>
why the hell not? Youll come out with some actual useful skills for the civilisan world and also be worshipped just because you're a verteran. killing two birds with one stone (assuming you're american, where veterans are worshipped). you'll be set. just pick something that appeals to you then.
>>
>>17561383
Well I'm going for Personnel (basically a desk job). I scored pretty high on the Administrative ASVAB so. Plus, I want to serve for as long as I can and then whenever I get out take what I learned from my AFSC and apply to the civ life. My dad told me about USAJobs and they have plenty of jobs with a preference for veterans, too. I was keen on learning mechanics on the side, but I have no idea how going to school while in the military works. Can I even go to school for something thats not related to my AFSC?
>>
>>17561377
Idk, post more THICK azns.
>>
>>17561451
This.

It pleases me.
>>
>>17561451
They are a rarity, but there out there. Here you go. Any advice or input you can offer, Anon?
>>
>>17561474
This one's for you.
>>
>>17561477

post their names asshole
>>
Bump for advice....
>>
>>17561483
>>
>>17561498
Dont call the sauce giver names, you worthless jackass
>>
post model names please
>>
>>17561424
Just do it. You can always join a union, and they're hella respectful to veterans. In contrast, you only have so much time to join the military before you start a family or you pass the age limit.

Its cool to have 3 career choices to switch between if one or the other gets boring. The regret of missing out is greater then the regret of doing something you thought was cool, but wasnt in the end. But at least, you wont have to wonder after
>>
>>17561377
Airforce guy here.

Learn a trade on the side. It's always good to have an out in the event you decides the military is bullshit

If you know anything else your just stuck.
>>
>>17561583
Also gonna need those girls name here.
>>
>>17561520
Thanks, man.
>>17561583
>>17561590
Thank you for contributing, Anon. For you I'll give you sauce.

>>17561377
OP is Chouzuki Maryou
>>17561483
>>17561515
These are of Ruko Tensho
>>17561477
Unfortunately, I know nothing of this one.
>>
>>17561536
Could you explain to me what a union, please? Not really sure what to Google search to get a definite answer.

3 career choices, huh? I know one I REALLY want. I also have my mind on joining the Army for Infantry, but I am told by everyone that that is a BAD idea.
>>
>>17561583
What's your AFSC?
>>
Bumping with more thick asians.
Any more input from anyone?
>>
>>17561483
>>17561515
More Ruko.
>>
>>17561645
Comm/Nav/Ecm. There are jobs outside doing the same thing but I have no desire to keep doing this.
>>
>>17561630
Much appreciated op.
>>
>>17561751
Working on fighters?
>>
>>17561751
Sounds pretty cool. Did you choose that or you were "stuck" with it? Do you enjoy it or?
>>
>>17561769
C130. Work force of the Airforce.

>>17561774
Stuck with it. Went in open electric. It's not a bad job I'd just rather be a civilian.
>>
Might as well post just one more.
>>
>>17561796
That's fair. Been a NEET for the past few months and only started training for AF so basic training doesn't fucking curb stomp me...still can't do more than 30 push ups, though...!

Do you regret serving? I'd like to think I would benefit from it. I have no other plans, desu. Aside from minimum wage.
>>
>>17561807
You'll definitely benefit from it. If nothing else you'll get in shape and get some life/work experience.

Lol. I went in doing 10. TI had a lot to say about that. Was doing 50 by the end. They'll work you out pretty hard in basic. Good idea to go in being able to meet the minimums though.

I just don't think it was the right way to go for me personally. Plenty of people get on just fine though
>>
>>17561823
Yeah. Well, I have to do something with my life. Can't live my parents for the rest of my life. Don't want to. Right now, I'm just waiting for my med records to come in the mail so that really slowed the process for me thus far.
>>
Just so you know after basic and tech school, you go to your duty station. I don't know if you think there is an air force school or something, but you can only to school near your duty station, atleast in my experience. Helps if you have a car or something.
>>
A lot of AFSCs qualify you for a trade in the civilian world.

What AFSCs are you looking at? What trades?
>>
>>17561961
Adding to this, and I'm assuming you already knew...you only attend school during "off hours". It'll make more sense once you take the oath and join.
>>
>>17561965
Well my main choice was 3S0X1 PERSONNEL ENLISTED. As far as trades go, I always had a knack of working on machines or I guess any AFSC with that. I'll be honest I haven't done too much research aside from Personnel to be completely honest.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.