[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to do a double date for a first date?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (24KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 280x280px
Assuming I'm not afraid of my friend stealing my date away, would it be fine to take a girl I'm already familiar with on a double date?

My friend just went on a date with someone, and I'm about to ask someone on a date as well, so I thought it might be fun to go on a double date. Thing is, I know some people warn against doing it as a first date. What are some of the problems that would arise from this/ when should I avoid it?

Also, any general date ideas would be cool too, or ways to find good dates in your area.
>>
>>17561012

Clarify this to me:
>would it be fine to take a girl I'm already familiar with on a double date?

You are familiar with your date, or your friend's date?

Also, how tight is your group? Could someone feel left out in this group of 4?
>>
>>17561012

Avoid at all costs you are not going on there to be with other people you want just her and that is fucking it. Problems that can arise are infinite since you don't have control over that date.

Do your self a favor and avoid it.
>>
>>17561026
Sorry, I have never met my friend's date; I was referring to my date. We hang out pretty regularly. My friend and I are really great at keeping things lively together and getting everyone in the conversation, which is the reason I considered it in the first place. Naturally, I'd be more focused on my date and he on his, but I figured we could keep everyone having fun.

Once again though, I don't know his date yet so there is a chance she could be weird.

>>17561030
I just want to have fun with her. I'm not expecting to get to know her intimately right off the bat. You're right though, I wouldn't have full control so if I can't escape and things go wrong, I'd be fucked. It's something I'll consider.
>>
>>17561046

Ok. I mean, beyond the things just mentioned, a huge risk in a double date is that three of the four know each other really well and the last one is left out. You don't seem to have that problem.

Now, if you do stuff in the date that can naturally split you guys apart, you reduce some of the problems (like going to the movies, where you can just sit with your date, or to an amusement park, where again, you can split off in the rides, etc.)

Now, having diner together can go either way. It really depends on the group.
>>
>>17561059
I was thinking of going to a jazz club and probably something else. I'll talk to my friend about it more, just to make sure we can do it correctly. If not, I guess I'll think of some other date idea

Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>17561071

That could work. As long as they like Jazz haha. Yeah check with him. And good luck Anon!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.