[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ways to deal with stress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: Rothko.jpg (16KB, 579x640px) Image search: [Google]
Rothko.jpg
16KB, 579x640px
I'm stressed up to my eyeballs with work, money issues and my girlfriend at the moment.

How do I deal with stress effectively? I'm losing sleep and I'm constantly on edge. I even cried when I was trying to finish an article for my freelance job today, which I haven't done in years. It's taking a toll on me.
>>
>>17560536
I'd take a few days off, drink beer with friends, have a BBQ and smoke some weed. Sing dirty songs, etc.
>>
>>17560545
I can't afford to take days off at the moment. I partied with friends on Saturday and that's the only break I can have for a while.
>>
File: 1430696631246.png (454KB, 721x391px) Image search: [Google]
1430696631246.png
454KB, 721x391px
I know no one ever tries this but meditation helps.
>>
>>17560605
Yeah, I definitely need to get back into this. It's just I'm at a pivotal point in my life in regards to work, my relationship, and where I'm going generally. It's sink-or-swim time, in essence, and the pressure is getting to me when it really shouldn't.
>>
>>17560536
look OP, you need to rest. im in the same position, i operate and own my own landscaping company, i have just about 20,000 in debt over me, my family thinks im doing the wrong shit with my life but i dont have any money to move out so im stuck with them, and me and my girlfriend of 2 years are fighting alot, you just need to rest. heres what i do,
>tell customers im taking a day off to go to some family thing
>tell girlfriend im working all day
>tell family im hanging out with girlfriend all day
and then i just relax, i drive around, eat somewhere, maybe take a nap at home later, just do nothing all day, dont plan this out weeks in advance, take a day off tommorow or the next day, if you really are not allowed to take off or really need the money, try to stay later by maybe an hour each day, that way when you take a day off, you still get the same money, but really man, take a day to yourself, get some cigarettes or some beer, drink, watch netflix, walk in the woods or something, just dont do any of these things
>work
>talk to girlfriend for more than a few minutes that day
>think about money
just relax,i know its tough, but look at it like its an investment in yourself. for instance, when i got so stressed with my job i realized i was doing shitty work and making customers unhappy, furher making me do shitty work and making me unhappy. i realized that if i didnt take a few days off and get my head back together, this cycle would just keep continueing, look at this as a refresher or something idk.
TL;DR take a break, tell everyone around you your busy for a day, and do whatever you want
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.