[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I leave gf to search for dream girl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: physideal.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
physideal.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
In a relationship with gf for about 2 years now
weve had our ups and downs but for the most part things are mostly good
Shes p smart, very attractive, and as far as i can tell shes a good person.
I do love her and dont have a problem being with her but Im always wondering if I should search for and try to find my "dream girl" instead.
I think I'd be happier this way but I dont even know if such a person exists, I mean they must through sheer odds but theres no guarantee I'll meet them or if I do, that they'd even want to be in a romantic relationship w me. What do you think adv?
rn Im thinking, stick with my girl till I possibly meet this "dream girl" and see how things turn out then
>>
your dream girl doesn't exist in 3d, anon. Sorry.
>>
>>17560528
First off, that's gotta be a shop. Not an asian girl in the world built like that.

Second, I think you really want to abandon the idea of a "dream" anything. Don't hold unrealistic or idealized expectations of anything. Better to devise a list of at most 5 traits a woman must have, 5 you absolutely will not tolerate, and just stick to that.
>>
Maybe she is your dream girl
>>
>>17560532
/thread
>>
>>17560537
>5 traits a woman must have, 5 you absolutely will not tolerate, and just stick to that.

holy shit i never thought of this. not OP but i think thisll help me out

also OP, if you actually like your GF dont leave her for some pipe dream. make your life with your girl the best you can because your dream girl might not even exist
>>
>2 years together
>as far as i can tell shes a good person
You clearly have no interest in this person.
>>
>>17560532
This. Don't do it. We're not in a social economy for you to think you have a choice as a male right now.

Wait until men are actually respected again.
>>
>>17560537
This is the way to do it. Just be realistic about whether or not your expectations are reasonable. Like, no, you're not gonna find some 10/10 cutie who wants to suck your dick all day long who is also a virgin and want to play vidya with you and also is super smart and super nice whose top priority will be you and the relationship, but you may get two or three of those in a single girl (just know which ones are unlikely to be found together).
>>
>>17560537
>>17560564
My expectations are pretty based and realistic
>>17560570
What a cuck
>>
>>17560564
I'm doing this.

MUST HAVE
>Be someone I'm physically attracted to.
>Be either really into vidya or movies, hopefully both.
>Be a genuinely nice person who is conscientious and considerate of others.
>Be good in bed.
>Be emotionally mature. Understands her feelings, is able to confront/acknowledge them, and is willing to communicate them openly and honestly.

WILL NOT TOLERATE
>History of substance abuse.
>Has cheated in the past.
>Religious.
>Already has kids or doesn't want kids.
>Someone I simply can't talk with. If conversation feels like effort, I'm out.

Fair enough?
>>
>>17560528

>things are mostly good
>as far as i can tell shes a good person
>dont have a problem being with her

Frankly, I don't think you love her, OP, or these wouldn't be the best things you can say about her. It sounds like you settled for a girl you don't mind and then hanged on for 2 years. The whole fact that you wonder about your "dream girl" who might or might not exist is an indication enough. You may never find the perfect girl, but imo it would be fairer to both you and your gf if you at least found someone you genuienly love or at least gave her the chance to find someone who loves her.
>>
>>17560596
Autism detected
>>
>>17560615
"You may never find the best thing but don't keep the second best thing"
???
>>
>>17560619
He seems to think it's up to how women and other men behave bat decide whether or not men are respected. I think that's a stupid way to live/view your place in society just be the best version of yourself who cares what some riled up cunts on the Internet think or how they behave?
>>
>>17560603
you should take off religious or change it to overly religious.

religion keeps women in check. a religious girl might actually be less likely to cheat but thats just my opinion
>>
>>17560701
I think this is a good idea, as long as the person isn't shoving their beliefs down your throat or otherwise compromising your happiness/well-being then there shouldn't be an issue right? Also the faithfulness thing.
>>
>>17560701
>>17560701
Fair enough. I have it there because I'm not at all religious and because it is my experience that whenever I get into a discussion about deeper philosophical or intellectual issues with people who still have significant religious beliefs that they tend to dig their heels in the sand on certain issues based on principle and are very stubborn in terms of not being willing to "go there" when it comes to certain lines of thought.

I just kind of feel that organized religion puts certain ideas off limits, makes certain issues above inquiry or questioning, and restricts your ability to think in a way that is as freeform as the way I would like in a partner.
>>
>>17560749
>restricts your ability to think in a way that is as freeform as the way I would like in a partner.

discuss philosophical and intellectual issues with your guy friends. as sexist as it might sound youre better off finding guy friends to discuss these thigns with than hunting for the one in a million girl that can
>>
>>17560802
I mean, it's not THAT hard.

Honestly, it's one of those things I grew really accustomed to in grad school (plenty of women there on that level of smarts) and it's hard to talk with a woman that can't engage intellectually like that anymore. But I hear you. Your partner doesn't have to be EVERYTHING. I do however worry about kids. I simply would not agree with raising my kids to believe about magic men in the sky. No problem if they pursue religion on their own, but I don't agree with taking kids to church every week and telling them what to believe.
>>
>>17560815
>I don't agree with taking kids to church every week and telling them what to believe

thats true. it would be ok if you brought them to church to instill some good values in them, but also taught them not to take everything said there literally. the bible has some crazy stuff in it but behind most stories theres a decent lesson behind it
>>
>>17560532
>your dream girl doesn't exist in 3d, anon. Sorry.
With 6+ billion people on this Earth, she likely does. The real problem is you will never meet her.
>>
>>17560749
Fair point but surely if you were with someone even if they were religious they'd be the kind of person who could put that aside in discussions
>>
>>17560839
This is the main reason I'm not just diving in, it's possible, not guaranteed, besides I don't think I'm the hottest shit either
>>
>>17560528
I'm in a very similar spot, but instead I'm almost nearing a 4 years relationship
in my case its not just about meeting the dreamgirl, but actually meeting other random women, I really miss that

and from experience, I really like my gf a lot, but I don't want to marry her, but she does want it
and the result was increasing amount of me letting her down, slowly degrading it
and I know I have to break it up, but I've never seen to muster the balls to do it
specially after 4 years and all that we had together is a pretty hard thing and its taking its toll on me
(I'm even about to post asking for adv as well)

so I say, if you don't see yourself going the long haul with her, better give it up sooner than later,
its only going to make both of you feel worse, and its going to be harder to much time you spent together
>>
>>17560866
I could definitely go the long haul, it's just sorta a "what if" situation yknow? I can relate on the meeting women thing. Thankfully I was blessed genetically (shout out to natural and then later on artificial selection by slave owners). So getting women was always fun and easy. But yeah I could settle just wondering if I should or shouldn't
>>
>>17560896
so you're a stud?
basically that 'what if' situation is your give away
you will never stop wondering it and never stop wanting hot girls
>>
>>17560980
"Is your give away"
What does this mean? English is not my first language. Also no not a stud, just above average face and good body thanks to genes
>>
>>17560528
OP, what's your dram girl like?
I mean - you sound like you do have a dream girl. You said she's smart, attractive, a good person.
What else do you want? What are you missing?
>>
>>17561028
Just a bit more sexual conservatism plus she's cheated on an old abusive boyfriend so that worries me a bit

Other than that nothing else really as long as she isn't a psycho
I'd prefer if she was Asian but I'm by no means yellow fever tier, I don't fetishize Asian women it's just that their common features strike my fancy. If a Hispanic or black woman fit those features I wouldn't have an issue at all dating her
>>
>>17560839
>7bil people
how many of those are females in that perticular age group in the perticular area that op lives in
woah numbers suddenly drop.
>>
I think I'll just stick with my grill and if dream lady shows up see how I'm feeling then. Thanks guys
>>
>>17561043
>sexual conservatism
you want your gf to be less sexual? why?
>cheated on an old abusive boyfriend
that seriously doesn't matter, if she cheated on bad relation before, doesn't she cheats on every realationship

>>17561017
>"Is your give away"
it means, this is your hint, your clue
>>
Yeah, you should def leave her and search fir your dream girl! I bet there is a much better one out there, that won't have you thinking like this at all. Go get ´em!
>>
>>17561052
Wait, that's even better. Keep her dangling on the back burner until a better one comes along. That's great!
>>
>>17561066
I know you're being facetious, but he's kind of right.

Sure, it's the more considerate thing to let his girl know up front that it's not gonna work out and to not waste her time, but chances are it'll be better for him to casually enjoy the relationship he's in until something better comes around then it will be to wait around as a single dude trying to get into another relationship, let alone one with a dream girl.
>>
>>17561077
> it'll be better for him to casually enjoy the relationship he's in
> wait around as a single dude trying to get into another relationship
and not wait around as single dude having casual sex with all sorts of random girls
I guess it depends on the guy, if he rather couple or slut around
>>
>>17560528
If you have been in a relationship for over a year, passed the honeymoon period and are still good, then you have your dream girl OP. Dumping your gf to find some girl who you don't even know is only going to end badly when you realise that finding someone you can spend over a year with and still love is actually harder than you think.

If you aren't happy with your girlfriend then get rid and don't waste her time, if you dump her because you meet someone who has a couple of qualities you like she will only feel worse, she is only going to be more and more attached to you up until that point.

Chances are if you do ever meet a girl who meets your criteria of "dream girl" you will discover very quickly that she isn't what you believe she is, just like having a crush you will focus on the details you like, imagine the best about her then it will all shatter when you realise she is an awful person that those ideal qualities that are true don't outweigh the negatives.

tl;dr if you don't want your gf or are waiting for someone else to come along, then you should end the relationship
>>
>>17561094
OP seems to pretty clearly not be the dude who would (or could) casually whore around with randoms. Don't know too many guys that stay with girls for two years and their only worry is that some "dream" girl is out there if in any way they could be out hooking up regularly with relative ease.

Nothing wrong with at all, he just sounds like the kind of guy for whom being single is misery rather than some festival of debauchery. In which case I totally get sticking with the relationship because the alternative is literally just sacrificing his well-being for hers.
>>
>>17560596
>My expectations are pretty based and realistic
If they were based and realistic, you wouldn't be considering looking for someone who fits the criteria 2 years into a relationship, realistic implies you have met at least a few women who make the grade and you have a chance with, you haven't and are considering leaving your gf to try and find someone who does.
>>
>>17560528
OP as someone who has been in many long term relationships, there is no dream girl. Only different girls. You have 2 things working against you.
1. It's men's nature to want to fuck as much different pussy as possible. Finding your "dream girl" is just another way it manifests itself.
2. Even if you did find your dream girl. She prob wouldn't be forever. Think about that job or status you used to always want. Now that you've had it for a while you want something else/better. Its human nature. You will never be happy with what you have for too long. It gets boring and you'll want something different.
I would argue just having a successful relationship is a dream girl. But I wouldn't blame you for not agreeing.
>>
>>17560528
do it boi, dont let your dreams be dreams
>>
>>17561155
Unless you think being cucked is one of your dreams, let that one stay a fantasy
>>
>>17560528
You have already checked out of it in your mind, no way it will work out long term if you are just sticking with her til you find your dream girl.

Just break up with her, dont be a pussy. Girls come and go
>>
>>17560528
For the sake of her wellbeing, break up with her. Stop wasting each others' time.

Goddamnit.
>>
File: 1470924242745.jpg (8KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
1470924242745.jpg
8KB, 201x251px
>>17560839
This is beyond idiotic.
OP also sounds like a child.

>this entire thread
>>
I feel like i am having a similar crisis.

Been with my gf for like 3 years almost, and i feel like i am just going through the motions.

She loves me, and i love her but i feel bored and we argue quite a bit because she gets stroppy with me.

I am 21 years old, /fit/ and decent looking every time i go out i get attention and know i can get a shag or atleast make out with a good looking girl. This makes it shit since i hate going out now because i have to deal with temptation from more attractive girls, and my own relationship feels lack luster.

I would just end it, but last time i tried she got really upset and had a breakdown on me. I do love her but i really cant be arsed with the hassle sometimes.
>>
Just cheat. You get to fuck the randos, get fun new attention, and keep the stability of your LTR. Nobody gets hurt unless you get caught.
>>
If op were a girl this thread would've been considered bait
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.