[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ex threatening suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (169KB, 750x875px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 750x875px
My ex boyfriend is crazy and threatening suicide because I won't get back together again. He did this over 9 months ago when we broke up (he obviously didn't do it, it was just a ploy to get me to go back with him.)

He lives in California and I live in Ohio. I have no way of contacting his relatives because none of them have Facebook and they are Chinese so their last name is super common.

Not sure what to do.
>>
Ignore him. He most likely won't do it. If you know his address and feel bad you could contact the police in that area, other than that don't bother with him anymore. Ignore him on any social media account, phone and whatever other way of contacting you he might have. If he manages to contact you somehow tell him to stop bothering you and go on ignoring him.

People who try to manipulate others by threatening with suicide are scum and shouldn't be given any attention.
>>
>>17560422
Call the police and make them go there.
Block him on all social media and on your phone.
He probably won't do it, he's just trying to manipulate you. Having to talk with a police officer will probably make him stop bothering you.
>>
Actual post-suicidalfag here

There is a 100% certainty that he won't do it. The people that actually DO never tell anyone beforehand. DO, however, take it seriously. If you cant get in contact with any of his relatives, phone the cops/police and tell them you're concerned for his safety.

He's doing it to fuck with you so be mature and assertive and refuse to let him walk all over you.
>>
>>17560430
Best advice in thread.
>>
>>17560429
>>17560430
>>17560433
Thank you.

He just went on a rant about him being basically a bad person with a small dick (I never said that) after I asked him if I needed to call the police or a suicide hotline, so I'm guessing he is not actually going to do it. I blocked him on my phone and Facebook. Hopefully he won't contact me anymore.

Thanks all!
>>
>>17560422
I'm dreadfully sorry to hear that this has happened to you. This is an old trick in the a users' playbook: one of the oldest in fact. But a trick is all it is.

>He did this over 9 months ago when we broke up (he obviously didn't do it, it was just a ploy to get me to go back with him.)
And the same is true now.

>He lives in California and I live in Ohio. I have no way of contacting his relatives because none of them have Facebook and they are Chinese so their last name is super common.
Not sure what to do.
Do you have his address? Get it if you don't have it.

I know that I said this was only a trick, but the next time this happens, I want you to play it totally straight. Call his local police department and tell them that he threatened to commit suicide. This should trigger an encounter with his local mental-health system, which may actually get him started on getting the help he needs. At the very least, it should teach him not to try this shit with you again.

Then block him on everything.
>>
>>17560422
he wont do it. just block him, do not respond to any form of communication. move on, and enjoy not having to deal with a crazy parasite.
source: experience
>>
>>17560433
>The people that actually DO never tell anyone beforehand.
This.
>>
>>17560422
Pssh he lives in Cali; he'd be doing himself a favor.
>>
>>17560514
This, with caveats. It's true as far as it goes: some people DO attempt suicide when a loved one leaves, and some of these are successful. But there's an odd pattern of behavior among people who do this: they NEVER threaten to do so. They let the ex go, every single time. No exceptions. The very fact that he's threatening you with it is strong evidence that he has no intention of doing so.

Now, some abusers DO go so far as to stage a fake attempt when the threats fail. A key concept, here, is that the attempt is staged: things are set up so that the victim (and ONLY the victim) can "save" the abuser, but can easily do so. The other key word is "fake": the abuser has no intention of dying, and will often use nonlethal "methods" that closely resemble more traditional methods of suicide, but carry no risk (or very low risk) of actual death. This can be easily written off easily as an embarrassing blunder, when in fact the point was never to die.

You still have to intervene if an abuser tries to pull this shit. The law requires it: these stunts may not be performed with suicidal intent, but they are often still dangerous, and if you ignore it when someone does this you can be held liable if something goes wrong. So intervene. But make sure the police are hot on your heels: call them on the way there. Tell them that someone has threatened suicide, and you think may be attempting to do it. This will trigger an encounter with your local mental health system, as described above, but it also means that if the abuser tries to do something even dumber once you arrive, help is already on the way.
>>
>>17560422
Ignore him or inform the police.
He can't manipulate you or anything because you broke up, he is being a cunt.
>>
>>17561510
>Ignore him or inform the police.
Don't ignore. You can be held criminally liable if he stages a fake attempt and accidentally dies, and it's shown that you knew about it. Calling the police is the only answer.
>>
Even if you actually wanted to get back together again, how would that even be possible?

Ohio is way the heck over on the northeast. Your ex-boyfriend doesn't seem like a very bright person.
>>
>>17560422
Change your number and contact details.
>>
>>17560433
I used to have suicidal feelings as well, but these faggots that try to use suicide as a bargaining chip piss me off. I never once told anyone for my personal gain. It only came out because I failed out of university because I mostly stopped going to class. It got progressively worse until I was barely showing up.
>>
>>17560422
i had girl do this to me except we went to the same school sometimes i regret letting her go but it was probably a good idea like 3 days after she cut herself and ended up in a psych ward so you know life is fun
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.