[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

video games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: _ns0byuA8uX1rhsx15o2_500.jpg (124KB, 500x736px) Image search: [Google]
_ns0byuA8uX1rhsx15o2_500.jpg
124KB, 500x736px
I have a question. are video games bad? I enjoy playing them once in a while to relax but I read this thread on reddit that says they are bad. its a form of relaxation for me and I dont understand how it can be unhealthy if you do it in moderation? I have a bit of anxiety now because im scared im harming myself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/2o8d04/why_you_need_to_give_up_video_games_and_how_to_do/

I apologize in advance if there is any spelling errors in my post I have a slight learning disability and have a hard time understanding some things. thanks for any help you can provide
>>
>>17560040
They're good if you're having fun playing them, not so much if you just bury yourself in them to forget about your problems.
>>
>>17560044

sometimes I like to play jrpgs and lose myself in the world for a while. I do find myself using media as an escape for my emotions so I dont get too sad. but in the end I always talk about my problems with my friend and we try and figure out ways to fix it.
>>
i definitely regret growing up with them
>>
>>17560099

why? if you dont mind me asking? I personally have very fond and happy memories playing games with family and friends. the one memory that sticks out most is playing tomb raider on the ps1 with my dad.
>>
File: 98365.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
98365.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>17560040
>I read this thread on reddit
>>
>>17560107
Maybe he didnt have family or friends to play them with?
>>
>>17560141

I guess I didnt really consider that.
>>
First off
>TheRedPill
They're going to say anything you enjoy is degenerate unless it's reading history books, calling all women whores, shooting guns or worshiping America.

There's nothing wrong with playing video games in moderation. There's nothing wrong with most hobbies in moderation, as long as you remember to take care of your real life responsibilities. I can and have seen people take it too far, like shitting and pissing their pants because they're too into a game to get up to go to the bathroom, missing work, failing out of college and the worst of all, seeing a good friend lose his girlfriend and she abandoned her son because she left him for a guy she met on a game (says more about her than the game)
>>
>>17560166

Thanks for your advice. I tend to get easily influenced by what other people say and get confused and anxious. its good to know I can still play games every now and then.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.