[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should a relationship feel? Do insecurities stop you from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1473203992859.jpg (24KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
1473203992859.jpg
24KB, 500x585px
How should a relationship feel?
Do insecurities stop you from enjoying a relationship?
Is it normal to feel concerned that my gf doesn't really like me and is staying with me due to peer pressure?
I can't help but feed paranoid and angry at times, and sometimes sad and depressed.

My only experience with relationships are movies/media and other people I saw within my social circle. I just don't feel the romance and butyer flies and shit
>>
Diagnosis : Depression
>>
Movies and media are not good portrayals of what relationships look like - only the most entertaining parts. They miss all the boring parts that make up relationships.
I wouldn't be too concerned if your relationships don't look like the ones on tv.
>>
>>17559755
I'm in a similar situation, OP. I've never been in a relationship and only recently started talking to a girl. She sounds really into me, but I feel like I can't believe any of it. Do you feel that way too?
>>
it's hard to say, OP. it feels a little different for everybody. and every relationship feels different too. but I'll agree with >>17559773 and add that if you've been alone for a long time and/or have low self-esteem, and then you find someone, it's easy to feel suspicion about it or have a hard time shaking yourself out of lonely mode. you wouldn't think so, but it happens. it's kind of like people who lived through the great depression and still pinch pennies and save shit they don't need. it's just a thing people do sometimes after they go through really hard times.

that being said, if you get another month or two into this relationship and realise that you don't actually love this girl, then it's time to call it off and look for someone else.
>>
>>17559792
But I love her. I've never been loved by anyone (not even my parents) and I don't know what should I expect.
I suppose I want her to think about me and be with me always, so I get angry inside whenever she mentions an activity that doesn't involve me (such as going to the mall with her mom)

I don't think that's healthy. I want to trust her and her words, but I've been lonely, ignored and an outcast for so long that everything makes me suspicious, twitchy and untrustful.
>>
>>17559945
Just think about what if the roles would be changed.
If she wanted you to think about her and do everything woth her all the time. You probably wouldnt like that, everyone needs their own life. Relationships wherr you completely want the other to live just for you dont get far.

So try your best, if i were you i would just stop thinking about this, giving a lesser amount of fucks. See where it goes.

Also if this wont work out for some reason, dont give up. Its very rare that someone finds their best match for the first time, so dont be to hard on youself, or on her.
>>
Curiosity, how old are you OP?
>>
>>17560375

>>
>>17560380
And how long have the two of you been together? Did you feel the puppy love type stuff early on and its just faded?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.