[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating sucks now. What are you supposed to do? Like in general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: kevin.png (441KB, 648x496px) Image search: [Google]
kevin.png
441KB, 648x496px
Dating sucks now.

What are you supposed to do?

Like in general.
>>
>>17559500
Vidya.
Anime.

Ignore those worthless females and the real world in general.
>>
File: selection-du-weekend-185-55.jpg (64KB, 760x1016px) Image search: [Google]
selection-du-weekend-185-55.jpg
64KB, 760x1016px
Ask for threesomes.
>>
>>17559500

Why does it suck?
>>
>>17559523
The fact that you'd ask means it's pointless to actually go into the detail with you.

Because you'll have nothing to say by the end.

Just go on... liking this burning wreckage that's irrelevant to you, or somehow in your favor.
>>
>>17559613
not that anon but did it ever occur to you that maybe dating sucks for different reasons for different people?

I think I can guess why dating sucks for you, though, it's because girls get sick of your shit.

>this sucks
>why does it suck
>I'm not gonna tell you, you wouldn't get it

is a little power game.
>>
>>17559869
>not that anon but did it ever occur to you that maybe dating sucks for different reasons for different people?
MGTOW didn't exist 10 years ago.

Just look around for a second. Something went south.
>>
>>17559869
>I think I can guess why dating sucks for you, though, it's because girls get sick of your shit.
No mate. I've never tried talking to a girl. I tell you this so you switch over to 'Then you don't know what you're talking about' instead of the far more tedious 'This is why, fuckface!! THIS IS WHY'

I have never tried to transmute a stranger into a prospect. There doesn't seem to be an acceptable way to do it. And no one I've asked has been of any help at all. All the suggestions are positively archaic. "Oh y'know, the library's a great--" And it's clear they're talking shit.

"Go to events and things" Events are events because they don't happen very often. Is that really the option people without a local network of friends have? Option, not even plural?
>>
>>17559885
>Library, yeah if you want to date someone whose over 50.

You do realise they have dating sites and apps, surprisingly everybody on there is looking for a date?
>>
>>17559885
>I have never been kissed
>I have never talked to a girl or asked one out
>therefore dating sucks

Do you realize how pitiful you sound?
>>
>>17559928
>I have never been kissed
>I have never talked to a girl
You're projecting. Search for when this was said.

>>17559918
This is what I'm talking about. I'm trying to live as though online dating weren't even an option. Because as far as I'm concerned, it's so horrible it isn't one.

It's windowshopping of the worst sort. You can't learn about people this way.

Don't pretend it isn't. Let's save everyone some time.
>>
>>17560025
Fine then go speed dating.
>>
dumb her and spend your money on hookers
>>
Date east Asians.

I wish I was kidding
>>
Work on yourself before trying to reach and be with somebody else, confidence comes from within, I'm a balding, 5,7" ginger guy and I've banged girls way out of my league. Try new activities, go out and get new experiences, you'll meet new people who will maybe improve your personality and you'll also have stories to tell. Girls love a good story on a date, all they want is to be kept engaged over the course of an evening, you won't have anything to say if you're a worthless shut in. Find a hobby, learn to cook or something, girls love a man who can cook.

Good luck, try not to be too much of a faggot.
>>
>>17560075
This is absolutely absurd.

Dating was clearly destroyed. There's no way to meet people in a practical fashion and this post does everything but actually admit it.
>>
>>17560071
I would if I could. Asian girls are always taken.
>>
>>17559500
Go fuck an ugly nigger bitch
>>
If you haven't built any social circles you won't find anyone to try and date.

If you have a mouth full of shit attitude towards dating then you won't find anyone willing to date you.
>>
>>17560075
>I'm a balding, 5,7" ginger guy and I've banged girls way out of my league.
Jesus. I would let you sleep with every women I had a chance with if it meant I could keep my height and hair.
>>
>>17559885
Why the fuck did you post here?
>>
>>17560112
>If you haven't built any social circles you won't find anyone to try and date.
Why is it like this now?
>>
If your not still in highschool, you shouldn't be "dating". Doesn't matter how sexist is sounds; certain things are just objective truths.

Guys, of you're over 18 and one of these things doesn't come into your life immediately, prepare to be alone:
1. A car
2. A residential area away from family
3. A career (not a job)

We live in the same society as the rest of the world where if you are not the immaculate prospect yourself, women have no need for you after a certain point. Any time that they actually waste on you before you turn 21 is just them digging the prospect and trying to find gold. Doesn't matter if you now have a mine for other resources or if they only dust the surface and can't see the depth; any effort a woman makes for a man should be viewed with a magnifying glass and praised like a god, but the minute a man slows down his speeding train to glory, everyone wants to abandon ship.

Fuck if you have a vagina, though. Sometimes I hate having made friends and being social in the firt place, because now there's nothing but endless perfect examples to this bullshit facade people call "life". An old friend named Imanie recently popped back into my life; tall gamer chick. Aside from the height, which some guys love, she's basically what 90% of /r9k/ could ask and pay for. That's what bothers me the most, though. We've let men be brainwashed by this need for comfort when in the past, things like hugging were limited at risk making a man too soft. Now, we have a society of man children, successful or not, willing to shell out every last penny that have to be next to someone who had the privilege of just sitting life out and waiting, literally making no social skills whatsoever, but it's cool. She's got a pussy, bruh. Everyone wants pussy.

What do you do about people who are blindly positive? Y'know, the ones who insult you with their bright lies, like "we always been friends" when they never talk to you and such, they seem to be a plague that needs ousting.
>>
>>17560125
Why are you asking me that?
>>
File: 1441636490945.jpg (25KB, 287x407px) Image search: [Google]
1441636490945.jpg
25KB, 287x407px
>>17560112
>If you haven't built any social circles you won't find anyone to try and date.
Trying to work on that front, not really sure how. I'd say I have two good friends whose company I actually enjoy, but most of my peers in college are just as socially retarded as I am, if not more so.
>>
>>17560129
>Guys, of you're over 18 and one of these things doesn't come into your life immediately, prepare to be alone:
Wanna try that sentence again..?
>>
>>17560138
Not him but besides the of, where is the issue? Post is sort of right. At 26 myself I too have no car, career (got job though) and live with my parents.

I am not trying to engage or search for girls cause quite frankly I have nothing to bring to the table. If I want a proper girl I need to have something worth while. Hell I am also 5'4 and Asian so physically I am not even remotely on demand in the market.

I dont share the doom and gloom vibe in this thread but behind it is some logic I can agree with, particularly the above.
>>
>>17560147
No, I didn't understand it.
>>
>>17560147
That's how I feel too. I don't have the qualities a girl would be looking for, and I don't think I'm really a worth partner for any decent girl.
At the same time I don't let it depress me, I'm pretty positive most of the time.

The only thing to really do is self improvement. Life's not fair that some people need to do more self improvement than others but that's life.
>>
>>17560129
I can't believe I've been born into this horrible timing.

I was born into a rich neighborhood (Not as great as it sounds if you don't STAY rich; There aren't other kids there, so it stunts your growth in that department.) My parents divorced before an age where my dad would have practical socializing advice for me. 9/11 happened in high school. By the time I was going to tackle a second semester of college, the recession wiped out my college savings. My dad was gonna help with his social security, but then he died.

And I was always a shy fuck. And I dunno what difference it would've made if I wasn't, because the likes of courtship now is so far slanted in favor of women, whereas it was pretty slanted already, there's literally nothing I can do outside of seek out a miracle.

And anytime I try to seek help, I have to explain that I think a lot of this was beyond my control. At which point people just start shitting on me with some lecture about bootstraps, which is always a fantastic conversation squasher.

I just want to start building up savings of some kind. But I can't find a job above minimum wage. I will kill myself before I go into 5 figures of debt. I don't think I'll ever have that much money to my name ever.

>>17560153
>At the same time I don't let it depress me, I'm pretty positive most of the time.
What, are you medicated for it?
>>
>>17560152
He means if the three things he listed isnt in your life past the age of 18, you are going to end up alone.

>>17560153
Pretty much ya. Well put. I like who I am even physically and I have a good idea who id like to be with. I am playing the long game though and dont plan to meet anyone till im 29 at least. Good luck bro.
>>
>>17560162
>He means if the three things he listed isnt in your life past the age of 18, you are going to end up alone.
A car doesn't help for shit when you have no prospects.

Look at the "advice" this thread has gotten.

Where do you drive a car to get anything done?

Nowhere, apparently.
>>
>>17560158
>What, are you medicated for it?
Not unless you count marijuana

>>17560162
Same, I don't plan to be with anyone until I've got my shit more together. Good luck to you too.
>>
>>17560168
Doesn't it bother you that women aren't dating down, despite wanting in on the workforce?
>>
>>17560147
>>17560153
Holy shit. One of the few times I post a huge rant and someone says I'm not insane.

Aside from the topic, can anyone answer my ending question? How do you properly shut down annoyingly positive people without being cruel? This tends to be my forte, so I'm looking to alter my tactics. It seems to be a pervasive things in society right now, mostly amongst women and especially feminist women who are starting to see how lonely they'll be if they keep the shit up.

What I mean by this is the people who use "I liked it" as a shield against any bad criticism of anything, ever. The ones who act like because you don't like everything and aren't always postive, you're the reason that's wrong with everything, yada yada yada. Doesn't matter if you're not an "everything sucks" type of person, how do you shut these cunts the fuck up from treating you like so in public? It really makes me wish light assault weren't a crime.
>>
>>17560167
>Doesn't understand a car is a prospect by itself
Wew, lad. Can't help you there.
>>
>>17559500
The best option I have found is to stop looking and focus on your life. As long as you are sociable and keep meeting people you will find opportunities.

Be proactive and ask out women you feel attracted to. Learn about them, figure out how to attract them so you are desirable for a relationship. Get to know them as people.

I don't even really date anymore. I just enjoy myself and I find that every once in a while a woman wants to spend time with me. I use that opportunity to get to know them, with or without the pretense of it being a date. A lot of the time it doesn't work out, but that is true for almost everyone. The stories you hear of high school sweethearts are, in my experience, mirrored by the miseries of 10 other frustrated single people.
>>
>>17560185
It's a mode of transportation and nothing more.

FUCKHEAD.

WHERE ARE YOU TRANSPORTING?

ANSWER THIS BASIC QUESTION.

I HAVE BEEN SINGLE ALL MY LIFE, AND A CAR FOR 9 YEARS.
>>
>>17560193
>I HAVE BEEN SINGLE ALL MY LIFE, AND A CAR FOR 9 YEARS.

Why did you transition into a car?
>>
>>17560172
Not him but no. Everyone here has an idea on the type of girl they want. I can gaurantee their ideal in reality would not be on equal standing for most i.e the girl is far better than the guy.

For example I would love a cultured, educated and well brought up woman from a good family. That matches somewhat my profile but I would also like her to be pretty and have real career prospects and playful. Sounds good right? But its unrealistic and I am assuming she has a career going. I dont have one.

A relationship should be equality and "dating down" by uts premise assumes there is unequal status for one partner. That isnt how it works cause a relationship should be equal standing or more depending. I have high expectations and its only fair if i want it I work for it. Itherwise its selfish and a fantasy which hss no practical or realistic bearing in real life.

My partner and I should stand as equals and to expect any wiman to date dowm is a lot to ask when you are neither in the position to offer a good woman anything and also most here would never date down themselves.

We all have our standards. Its just a case if we are good enough to match it ourselves. Most dont.
>>
>>17560128
It always was.
>>
>>17560193
Where do you live? Everyone constantly tells me a car is access to a driving job, which is basically hint for "use your prospects to work more, bitch".

It's not about where, it's about what; who. Most girls don't like walking or paying for transportation and would rather just have someone like you around to drive them whenever needed. That alone, if you lived in an urban area, would give you a big shiny key of access to all the vapid women in the area. Kinda sound like a women hater; it's more jealousy. I'd be milking this shit were I born the other sex.
>>
>>17560199
He heard he could get girls that way, I guess.
>>
>>17560075
The thing is that whenever guys say they have a hard time getting a date a lot of them are looking for a girlfriend and not one night stands.

Its An issue because being able to fuc K a lot of women doesnt mean any of them would date you. In fact a lot of women I meet seem more keen on sleeping around than being in one relationship. I meet women who want to fuck but finding someone who wants to be my girlfriend is somehow harder.
>>
>>17560204
No it wasn't.
>>
>>17560210
If you don't have a car around here, you can't get around, period. There's no public transportation.

Virginia, by the way.

And "work more" at what?

Where is this fantasy parallel universe where people are hiring for decent wages, without needing 2 years experience at a maddeningly specific field?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.