[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coworker crush help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 8484.png (71KB, 893x728px) Image search: [Google]
8484.png
71KB, 893x728px
>Have a significant other for 5+ years
>In love with coworker
>This is the most pure and heartfelt crush I have lived through, reminds me of my 1st crush.
>Sometimes wonder if I love my crush more than I love my partner.
>How do I make it go away.
>Halp.

Honestly in a perfect world in a parallel universe, I'd date that person with a decision time of 0.02s. However I'm taken, and faithful, and anyway my crush is taken too. I feel bad about myself for even having these feelings.
>>
>>17558840
How well do you actually know this coworker?

>faithful
Maybe you've been physically faithful, but with so little information, and the fact that you'd jump ship at any moment, leads me to believe you're emotionally cheating. Why are you with your partner of 5+ years if you would leave them so easily? By stringing them along, you're doing them a disservice. Let them find someone that truly cares about them.
>>
File: 1463769949808.jpg (73KB, 604x599px) Image search: [Google]
1463769949808.jpg
73KB, 604x599px
>dating coworkers
>>
>>17558862
A bit. Not too much. But we do activities outside work sometimes.

I doubt I'm emotionally cheating... I mentioned in a parallel (and very different) world, obviously not this one. If the situation became more serious I'd probably cut contact with the coworker long before ditching my partner. My partner deserves better and I try to move in that direction. As I said, I want the feelings to go away. Making a move is not really an option at this point.

I'm just attracted to said coworker. But there is nothing fishy going on. No touching or petting or complimenting. I'm just acting with them as I act towards others. Professional and friendly. And I intend to keep it that way.

>>17558872
I know. Did so in the past, didn't end up too great. The stress of being 24/7 together really killed the mood and made my life miserable.
>>
>>17558899
Addendum : the outside work activities are group activities. I'm not alone with crush.
>>
File: 1465862631415.png (985KB, 847x989px) Image search: [Google]
1465862631415.png
985KB, 847x989px
>>17558840

You're not in love. You're infatuated.

Infatuation is one of those great things that should you give into it, will feel great at first but it is in no way shape or form comparable to 5 years of emotional dependency and commitment.

Its like having a nice, dependable car that you drive to work every day. Its fairly low maintenance, great on gas and you have grown to love and depend on it.

Along comes this new, flashy car. Something expensive and foreign that so sexy and sleek all you can do is think about it.

You finally give in and spend a ridiculous amount of money on this crazy sports car. After the first few days of driving it you realize that although you lusted after it so much its not what you thought it would be.

It costs an arm and a leg on gas. It breaks down and you spend your entire paycheck replacing its rare performance parts. Although its the car you always wanted, it doesn't fulfill the parts of you that you didn't even realize your other car did.

Basically you need to know the difference between love and lust. Love is a bond created with time and work. Lust is something that happens on a purely hormonal and irrational level. Sometimes lust can lead to good things but controlling lust and keeping our lives in perspective is the hallmark of adult relationships.

Sometimes I feel like running away with the sexy big titted yoga instructor that lives across the street but my logical mind knows that the time I've invested in my wife and kids is more.
>>
>>17558840

Have sex with your co worker already, slut. It's only cheating if your partner finds out. Need tips/advice to be discreet and not get caught? For the low price of $3 via paypal I can give you tips, tricks and twix to have a happy relationship with said SO while sucking discreet co worker cock.
>>
>>17558931
I totally understand all this, thanks for reminding me.

The funny thing is, crush would probably be lower maintenance than partner. Better understanding in verbal communication, and closer political/social views. Maybe that's what is bugging me.
>>
>>17558947
I see... plans within plans. No way I'm sending you money, and incidentally giving my real email.

Also, you assume some things you shouldn't.

And finally, sure, crush is adorable, but I'm not feeling sexual urges towards them.
>>
>>17558970

Have your cake and eat it too today. If you don't believe me leave a fake email and I'll send you my personalized how to guide free of charge but for a limited time only. I have the 3rd edition of my how to cheat on your SO without getting caught guide coming out in a month. Preorders available for the new low price of $10.99.
>>
>>17558987
Nice of you, but thanks.
I want some tips on how to control, subdue, and reduce these feelings. Not help on cheating.
>>
>>17558961
It sounds more like you have a dissatisfaction in your current relationship and you are projecting that onto your crush. Look inward before looking outward.
>>
>>17558961

>>17558961

In that case then maybe you need to do some soul searching about this current relationship.

Ask yourself whether this crush is maybe your mind's way of escaping unaddressed issues you have with your current partner. Sometimes when we have problems in our lives its much easier to fantasize about a different life as opposed to working towards making adjustments.

Besides the fact that dating a coworker is a terrible idea, if you honestly feel unsatisfied in your current relationship then thats something you need analyze without an escape plan in mind clouding your judgment.

>>17558994

>I want some tips on how to control, subdue, and reduce these feelings

Don't make unnecessary contact with this person. Don't entertain the side of you that wants to explore the possibility of these feelings. Thats how you get yourself involved doing something you can't take back.

Like I said, it seems like theres a lot of things you have to process before you're ready to look at this crush for what it really is.
>>
>>17558994

You can't the more you fight it the worse it will get. Just fuck him.
>>
>>17559018
not gonna happen m8
>>
>>17559371

I will bet that it will in the future.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.