[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been playing both guitar and bass guitar over the past year,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: asd.jpg (204KB, 968x648px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
204KB, 968x648px
Been playing both guitar and bass guitar over the past year, life situation is going to change in about 6 months to where I will have the free time to join a band.

Whats going to get me a band spot faster?

being a bass player, or being a guitar player?
>>
I'd say bass. Guitar seems to be the go-to for every rock/metal inspired musician, followed by drums. Bass players are probably the hardest the find, with good bass players being even rarer.
>>
>>17558647
I agree that bass is usually more in-demand. I've played in a couple of bands whose bassists wound up switching to guitar, probably because they wanted to be more prominent/be less like backup musicians.

A pity, because one was a really brilliant bassist and only a so-so guitar player. So if you're a good bass player, you should use it.
>>
>>17558647
You don't actually have to pick one. You know how to play both; say so.
>>
I know this is pretty late but I'd say that telling them both is the best, it'll help to have versatility and bass is always in demand.
>>
Which one are you better at? Agree you should present yourself as being able to play both, but show your chops with your best instrument.
>>
>>17558647
bass
but really whatever your best at.
and being able to do both will get you more play
>>17558693
drummers are actually harder to find because you need someone who owns and can transport their own drum kit.

at the same time, there are alot of drummers, but a shitty drummer is so bad they may as well not join the band
>>
>>17558647
>being a bass player
this.
bass players are rare. guitar players are not
>>
Bass. Everyone wants to play the guitar.
>>
>>17558647

Play both. They're similar instruments and you don't have to pick one and stick exclusively to it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.