[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: c4383501ea039a01b1823056ec679f32.jpg (142KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
c4383501ea039a01b1823056ec679f32.jpg
142KB, 1024x663px
What are some hobbies a 21 year old gamer can get into? I did a profile for a dating site and the only thing I could think of was I am a gamer, I go to the gym also, thats it. I felt like shit and stopped making it. What can I do for some fun hobbies?
>>
What are you even remotely interested in? Is there anything you've ever looked at and though "that looks fun, I'd like to get into that"
>>
>>17558207

pretty much this. and its easier to get into this stuff than you think.

I loved dodgeball in middle school, now i play it every week.

This weekend i went to a nudist hot spring and there was slack lining there. was surprisingly good at it, made it more steps than anyone else there. now im going to be doing that every other week.
>>
>>17558207
I really want to travel but I am limited since i have a part time job. I think its cool to build things but I prefer destroying things instead. I watch anime and read manga. idk I dont think ive experieneced enough to get a feel or something I would like
>>
>>17558234

you like video games, so maybe design one?

have you considered looking in cheaper ways to travel? like joining some sort of worth charity where you see these exotic places while helping them?

or is travel not really THAT important but more a whimsy?
>>
>>17558234
Why do you want to travel? If your reason is something like experiencing new cultures, you could try taking up a new language, or dabble in cooking that culture's cuisine
>>
>>17558246
Its not a burning desire, but I would want to go to explore and learn new things
>>
>>17558316

thats the vaguest thing you ever said. and all you did was describe life as a whole. go for it.

but be willing to put in the effort. either by doing charity work to get to these places, or by working hard to go only once in a while
>>
Was in the same situation, then i thought "heck, why not make games myself". Now im in the last year of game-oriented master studies and it rocks.

Have a look at the game development pipeline, anon, there are plenty of jobs there which are fun if youre up for it
>>
>>17558331

thats what i suggested earlier, and even if you dont go 'career' with it, you can make them in spare time for fun.

creative hobbies are life man.
>>
>>17558331
Woops, sry, misread the question a bit,but developing a game is also fun.

Hm, ever tried archery, an instrument, cooking(im not kidding), traveling, photography?
>>
Sports? Those were always my hobbies in high school and college. Basketball and football are hard to pick up since everybody else plays those recreationally but baseball takes little effort to be decent and soccer takes not too much effort to be decent. The important thing is doing a little bit of practice every day. If you care about improving yourself you'll find a way to create some hobbies
>>
>>17558199
reading? i dont know, what does anyone do these days apart from drink, play video games, and go the gym. i personally box, read, watch tv shows/films and go out with friends. maybe try getting into a combat sports as you like working out.
>>
>>17558331
Funny how I hear all my friends telling everyone how they're going to be a game developer until graduation rolls around and they realize that litearlly half of all video game obsessed guys decide they want to become game developers and that unless you're actually talented, it's impossible to get a job.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.