[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to cope with the loss of a parent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
my mom died today
To those reading this that have lost a parent, how do you cope?
>>
Okay so my dad died on January 10, 2013 of cancer and I only cried twice once at his funeral and once I heard the news. It never really made me sad and I hate when people go thru the entire "I'm so sorry" spiel. Really dude I don't know just stay strong and hope for the best my family is a bunch of assholes so I didn't really go to anyone I just bottled it up inside myself.
>>
>>17558198

people come here and ask how to cope like theres some sort of mechanism.

your'e sad. you're going to be sad. and later you'll be less sad. and later you'll be more nostalgic.
>>
>>17558198
Jesus Christ dude. Sorry to hear that.
>>
I'm sorry for your loss anon.
>>
That's just kind of life. You're here one minute, then poof, the moment is over.

Kinda sucks, but it's what we have to face. When you die, you transform into memories. Do your best to honor the memories she gave you. Let your self be sad.
>>
>>17558198

If you need to be sad, be it, dont hold those feelings.

You need to accept that she is gone, the fastest you accept it, the better for your mental health, also, never ever think that her death was your fault, my dad died of a heart attack and I still think there was there was something I could do to save him, thinking that just gave me a serious depression.

I hope your mother had a wonderful life, and I hope that she had a peaceful death too, be strong fellow Anon
>>
My mom died December 2014. I don't know what to tell you. Sometimes I think, why the fuck is my mom dead? It's fucking bullshit. Other times I accept it.
>>
Realize that they can't ever come back. They are done forever. Then grab hold of your life and focus on that. Honor memories and don't reopen old wounds.
>>
>>17558198
dont get attached in the first place.
dont get attached to anyone
that's how you cope with losing people
>>
I hate these threads. I always know what to expect when I read them. Brutal honesty. There's always a concensus of general like mindedness in dealing with the one thing that makes its own way in the world. Loss is so complex and yet so simple. And reading these, even from anonymous users, is the closest feeling of connection I have from people over the Internet. We all know. We all feel each other.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.