[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding your alpha gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: aphaqt.jpg (32KB, 628x418px) Image search: [Google]
aphaqt.jpg
32KB, 628x418px
I'd like to find myself my equal.

How do you find yourself a girlfriend who's alpha? Do alpha and alpha relationships work and have some of you been in any of them? If you were, how was it? Did it work?
>>
By alpha do you mean one who takes charge or someone who's capable of handling themselves on their own?
>>
If you have to ask this here, you aren't alpha enough to handle a woman like that.
>>
File: 1445740216142.jpg (79KB, 1000x1389px) Image search: [Google]
1445740216142.jpg
79KB, 1000x1389px
>>17557339

This.
>>
>>17557336
Someone who's not clingy and someone who can take charge someone. I'd like someone who'll rival me, sort of speak. Like in the House Of Cards tv show, pic related is an amazing wife.

>>17557339
I haven't really even tried getting one. I fooled around a lot and now I want to find myself someone worth bothering with.
>>
>>17557332
What do you exactly mean by alpha?

Relationships are a lot about complementing each other.
If both people want to be in charge of everything at all time, it won't work.
On the other hand it is possible to find an equilibrium between you and your partner. Focus on the areas where you are fine not having the lead, or sharing the lead, and work with your partner. Communication and willingness to compromise make pretty much everything work.
>>
What exactly does an alpha female do? All I know is that in a group of girl friends, all the beta menstrual cycles adjust to the alpha.
>>
>Do alpha and alpha relationships work
Nope. There has to be a balance, and for that you need someone who balances you out, not someone just like you. What will happen is that it'll become a power struggle, neither of you will listen to the other, maybe it'll become competition, you'll both be stubborn, no one will give in, etc.

Look up info about only children couples, or onlies + first borns.
>>
I'm assuming you want an independent, intelligent, capable, loyal girl that has her own opinions based on rational decision and is able to voice them in an appropriate manner. Right? If so, that's easy. You just have to habe all those traits too.
>>
>>17557473

But being alpha doesn't equal being unreasonable and argumentative. Intelligent people who are domineering personalities and like to be in control can still compromise and talk about their issues, rather than throw tantrums about it like children. Even competition can be good and motivating in a relationship. Only people who are both control freaks and stupid on top of that inevitably fail.
>>
>>17557353
I'd like to think that me and my boyfriend are like that, under some aspects.

We're both not clingy but that's a character thing. We both are introverted and pretty independent. We spend time together because we love to do so, but we both feel no need to spend 24/7 together and still have other things going. It's mostly because we are good on our own and we have a full life.

We work well together because we're great communicators (more him than me) and we're willing to compromise (more me than him).
I'm someone who tops from the bottom in most cases. I try to not be controlling or an overbearing presence (even if I naturally tend to be) because he's too stubborn and too much of a contrarian to accept a critique.
We enjoy power struggle, tension and competition, but it's something that is limited to bantering. We discuss a lot, we joke around, we make fun of each other and poke each other lots. I am the first person he goes to for advice or help. We work through most things and we're best friends.
We support each other and push each other to do better in general. We use our competition as a motivation to do better. If I want him to lose weight, I just need to go running and I know he'll have to run faster than me, longer than me, and be fitter than me. It works both ways.
I've always been the one in charge in all my past relationships, but I'd get bored. With him there's a lot of contrast, but it's good contrast - we rarely argue, and even those few times that we do we solve conflict well.
We have pretty strict roles in our relationship - I take care of the house (cleaning, cooking, laundry) and he takes care of the financial administration (budgeting, paying the bills on time, etc). Even in bed, I'm more seducing, he's the one who takes charge once we get to the actual thing.
>>
>>17557514
Damn, that sounds too good to be true. How did you guys meet?
>>
>>17557513
That compromising you are talking about will happen in very few instances, and in some if the other partner really makes a fuss about it.

Because being in control is something that comes natural to them. It'll just be a fight for power most of the time. One of them will have to give in.

Personally, I don't think competition is good in relationships. From there it grows to envy and wanting to crush the other, etc.

Best pairing are first born/only with last borns (people who love having themselves under control, but who are spoiled and manipulative) or middle children (they have conciliatory traits).
>>
>>17557536
It was back in 2013. My best friend had a birthday party thing in a pub, I was ordering a beer. He was sitting at the counter with his best friend. He made a awful joke, I laughed. He introduced himself, and I spent the whole night talking to him - we argued a lot, laughed tons. 2 moths later we were dating, and 4 months later we moved in together.

He's the love of my life - great guy, funny as fuck, amazingly mature and intelligent.
It was a bit hard to adjust at first - he was so competitive and I was so controlling. I would get mad at him if he said the wrong word, or if he didn't show up at the time I expected him, or for small things like that. But after a few weeks we just found some mechanism that worked well for us.
For example there is no competition on things that matter - all his successes are mine, all his problems are mine.
And while he's usually more in control emotionally, I'm more in control on every day things. I guess that it pleases his need to be in charge of all his relationships and my need to be in charge of all aspects of my life.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.