[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I be Avant-garde?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

How do I be Avant-garde?
>>
Get an app and count the hours, when you get to 200 you know you're shit. When you get to 2000 you know you're getting there.
>>
Read and watch avant-garde stuff.
>>
>>17557118
deep
>>
File: thm_14.jpg (202KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
thm_14.jpg
202KB, 727x1024px
>>17557118
Very Helpful
>>
Don't look at other artists stuff and do your own weird thing. This way you don't just follow the mainstream but instead have to come up with unique ideas
>>
>>17557121
>>17557131
I don't understand. Why do you think this is bad advice?
>>
>>17557134
Thank you. So I should isolate myself and have zero influences?
>>
>>17557147
You can look at other people's stuff to get inspiration as well as set a standard to live up to. But obviously don't blatantly rip stuff off. What medium are you even talking about? Paintings? Writing?
>>
>>17557147
I mean, it's hard to do something that has never been done before. And it's ok to get inspiration and what not. Just get it from sources that offer more variety than common places used for whatever medium you want to be a hipster in. For example: my dad is pretty creative but also a fucking hermit. He just lives in his secluded hut in the woods and does stuff all day long. He comes up with pretty beautiful and innovative stuff. I guess if he wanted to he could pretty well be an art hipster. I do think that this is because he doesn't rely on inspiration from other artists. He just does something and inthe process has other ideas on how to tweak his project or comes up with new ways to use the material he is working with and so on. He gets his inspiration out of his own mind. Sure there might have been other that had the same idea. But he'll never know and thus is free to develope that thought even further till he might eventually come up with "something new under the sun".
>>
>>17557136
because it's basic and you literally do not know shit. It's not your fault you're 16 but please avoid the whole talking thing
>>
Experiment. Create a unique sound. New concepts. Search hard for them.
>>
Just do a thing you really like and try to make it your own thing. And don't show it to other people because that will make you self conscious or egotistical I recommend you just sit in a closet or somewhere really dark and just keep doing that thing you really like and if you did it correctly then you maybe made something unique unless you just suck then you should probably just move on to better things. But don't get discouraged if you work on a thing you like and it sucks just move on or try to make it better
>>
>>17557194
The answer was basic because OP asked a basic question.
>>
File: thicc succl.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thicc succl.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>>17557093
Just be yourself.
>>
>>17557093
Like what? Avant garde fashion? Art? Music? You're not giving anything to work with. I kinda stumbled into that via hanging out with very artistic folks
>>
>>17558758
>artistic
The word you're looking for is autistic
>>
>>17558772
I don't get it.
>>
>>17558772
you gotta be 18 to go on 4chan kiddo
>>
>>17558775
>>17558784
Lmao
Why so butthurt? Did i taint your special snowflake costume?
>>
>>17558793
You seem unnecessarily hostile
>>
>>17558811
Do you want me to breastfeed and rock you till you fall asleep? Do you need me to hum you a lullaby too?
>>
>>17558817
Here's your (you)
>>
>>17558824
Thanks bb. I will print it, frame it and sell it to some hipster as "avantgarde"
>>
>>17557147
Not zero, in fact mos avant-garde artists tend to have an enormous background of influences, and then they just bury them and work on their own for the sake of not displaying the most obvious ones
>>
>>17557093
Dude holy fuck you used the shitty pic I made in three minutes, nobody has ever used my shit before.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.