[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

join US marines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (3KB, 129x96px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 129x96px
My parents always made a goddamn hissy fit about joining the military but now that i have no joob, no college acceptances, and am now 18, I want to join. wht are some of the best branches to join?
>also, whyy do aprents always bitch about their childrens pohone usage (besides the price of the phone billl)
>>
meant to say that people keep recommending me the marines but i dont know if ii should
>>
>>17556926
Put it to you in the form of a joke that captures the culture of each service branch...

Five guys arrive at a mountain training facility in Utah, each one from a different service branch. They're met by a receptionist sitting at a desk.

The marine goes first. The receptionist tells him:
"Good morning marine. Quarters are in the basement. Rat repellent and blanket will be provided. Fuck-fuck games begin at 0400 hours and continue until 1800 hours. Discarded MREs will double as rat repellent and meal rations. Oorah. Yut. Kill."

The army solider goes next:
"Good morning soldier. Report to formation 0600 hours, followed by formation at 0900 hours, followed by formation at 1200 hours, followed by formation at 1500 hours. Final formation is at 1700 hours. Hooah."

The guy from the coast guard goes up:
"Good morning, Coast Guardsman. Report to the frozen pool for kayak training and fishing lessons. Have a nice day."

The sailor from the navy figures might as well go next:
"Good morning, sailor. Quarters will be held adjacent to chow hall. You will be issued mustache trimmers, anal lubricant, and condoms. Please note the serial number for each item. Have a good day."

The guy from the air force goes last:
"Welcome, Airman. Report to quarters at your leisure. Hot towels and breakfast in bed will be served daily. Air Forces barracks also feature and on-site masseuse and catered food. Enjoy your stay."
>>
>>17556961
so the air force has it better?
>>
>>17556998
Best quality of life, yes. The other branches constantly rip on them for that.

But they're also the hardest branch to get into. I mean, the army and marines will take you if you meet the physical requirements and aren't a retard. The air force actually requires you to have some brains.
>>
Don't join OP. This is how they get you. They make you feel like they're the best choice when you actually have way more and better choices. You're not going to like joining the army.

You should still be able to get into college. Just wait and keep applying. Find a job or something to keep you occupied while you wait for college to accept you.
>>
>>17556926
Parents view you as their property, essentially, until you've left the nest and established your independence for years.
>>
>>17556926
don't join the marines, they take pride in doing things the hard way over the smart way, are you like that? Do you feel that the "prestige" of being a marine will be worth all the extra pointless hardship? Besides there's no war on so you wont even get to do the job you're training for anyway, same with the army in that respect.

I was in the navy and I strongly recommend going that route, get to go out to sea, lots of travel, you're away from home for a really long time. I could go into more detail about any of this stuff if you'd like.

>>17556961
>dude navy is gay LMAO
in actuality there wasn't that much gay sex on the ships, not any more than you'd get anywhere else anyway. There was a fuckload of people jacking off in their racks though. Also there's no such thing as anal lubricant, lube is lube.
>>
The Marines sucked ass. I had fun sometimes but you get treated like the lowest form of shit imaginable.

That was in 2009 though. I'm sure it's all touchy feely now that everything is politically correct.
>>
>>17557175
Jesus, what happened in this image?
>>
>>17557154
>in actuality there wasn't that much gay sex on the ships
I know, but the joke is supposed to play to the stereotypes.

Marines go through shit and almost sorta take a sense of pride in it, Army is endless drills/formations, Navy is a bunch of guys confined in small spaces for extended periods of time, Coast Guard is useless, and the Air Force is spoiled.
>>
>>17557249
Someone forgot to lock their footlocker and the D.I. corrected their mistake.
>>
>>17557249
It's in the file name...someone forgot to lock their footloocker so the drill instructors fucked shit up
>>
>>17557261
>Coast Guard is useless
this is how I know you never served, you could not possibly be more wrong about that. The coast guard is the only branch that actually defends america.
>>
>>17557300
Coastie pls go. You're not even a real branch.
>>
Join the Marines Corp and go 0311.

I am being serious, I went Army and went medic and got stuck doing sick call and clinic working.

The Army is being feminized and watered down and you hardly get to do your job.

If you actually want to be a soldier or Marine go infantry or rifleman route.

Also since we are not at war your work day will be short and you will mostly just get time to train, lift, and shoot or do drills.

You will also be able to get promoted way faster since those fields require less points for promotion.
>>
>>17556926
DO NOT JOIN THE MARINES

Anything else will do, depending on your skill set. Coast Guard is very prestigious but is a long road. Army lets you learn and specialize while working/serving. Air force and navy are the same as army, with AF being a bit more technical, and Navy being medical or nautical.

That's a really rough idea, but people will make better suggestions if you let the thread know what skills you have and what you want to learn. Even typing is a skill these days, you'd be surprised how many grunts can't type.

Also keep >>17557058 in mind. Go to a community for 2 years then decide if you want a bachelors. Unis' hardly ever turn down community college grads.
>>
>>17557348

Stop being a cuck.

If he wants to do actual soldiering he should go Army or Marines Corp Rifleman or Infantry, best choice Marines Corp Rifleman.

If he wants to sit around for 9 hours doing random details and sitting on a computer all day he can join any of the other branches.
>>
>>17557334
>promoted way faster as infantry

Haha. Maybe in the army. You'll be lucky if you get e-4 on terminal leave in the Marines.
>>
>>17557356
>cuck
Do you know what that word means?
If anything, the guy who gets paid to sit on his ass all day is cucking the glorified bullet magnet.
Don't listen to warpigs OP, they're just looking for more recruits to haze.
>>
>>17557300
I said stereotypes, not actuality. Just like the Navy isn't loaded with butt pirates.

Take a joke.
>>
>>17557397
*just like how the
>>
>>17557154
>>17557154
coincidentially my uncle was in the navy. plus my dad claimed that if i were to join i should go navy. also i applied to 30 jobs but nothimg happened
>>
>>17557310
You should say that to airforce lol

As someone joining the marines, I'd say if you want join you better be fit. Like, you can run without stoping, you can do a basic set if pull ups and crunches, etc.

The jobs in the marines are not even that bad either. Make sure you actually pick a good job. Don't pick ammunition or some shitty artillery job. Go for something that will give you a future later in life. I got IT and networking lined up for me. I qualify so I'm good.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.