[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting to hate my family, need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I'm not really sure about asking for advice here but fuck it I feel like I'm reaching my breaking point.

I'm starting to hate my family. I have a younger brother and sister. Me and my younger sister both have jobs now. I'm still living in my parent's house. I give money almost every payday to my parents, both don't have jobs anymore because of age, my dad worked overseas and when his contract expired, my mom refused to approve him leaving again for a new contract because she's concerned about his health (he's about 40+ now). Cont. (sorry if this is long)
>>
>>17556859
So here's the deal, my sister is so fucking selfish in my opinion. She doesn't give a single dime to help with financial assistance (I know, I ask mom every now and then). She used to give before like for 3 instances on my record. She goes home here every saturday and sunday. When she does she doesn't help with chores at all. My brother on the other hand doesn't do anything but fail subjects at college, idolize hiphop bullshit that in my opinion doesn't help at his attitude, he also doesn't help at all with chores on the house. My mom and dad I feel are not really confronting them about it especially my younger brother, maybe because they're afraid he might run away, also he does not listen to lectures about life. (cont)
>>
I feel like they are just concerned for themselves and not my parents health and financial condition. I mean is it really too hard to put a little effort to help your parents? I know I have flaws as well in this (still living in their house), that is why I'm thinking of running away, well not really running away but just distancing myself from this situation but I'm afraid for leaving my parents? does this make sense, I need advice?

tldr; my siblings are fucking selfish assholes
>>
thanks btw if anyone replies :(

will be lurking here for a while
>>
>>17556881
>write an essay
>doesn't include important information like age and income
How are we supposed to help you again?
>>
>>17557072

I dont really get how this is relevant but ok

Age 26
Monthly maybe about 350 dollars if I converted it correctly
>>
>>17557235
>I dont really get how this is relevant but ok

Because age and income can determine your options.

Obviously, you don't make enough to really move out on your own. Getting out of a dysfunctional household is always the best choice.

For what I can see you don't have a lot of options. You can talk to your parents about it and try to get them to crack down, You can try to get another job or work more hours to move out, or... you can accept it and carry on.

It's your parents household, if they are too passive to do anything about how its run then you really can't do anything more. If you don't like the situation, change it or remove yourself from the situation.
>>
>>17556859
>>17556872
>>17556881
I haave pieces of shit in my family. What lesrned to donis be loke water off a ducks back. Just completely treat them amicably but never trust or relie on them. You can still "help out" just do the basic for them but ignorenthem at every opportunity other then to help them but dont help sooo much that you are bailing them out of trouble. They need to see the repercussions ofntheir actions
>>
>>17557389
didnt really get a whole lot of what you said there but the last part is exactly what I was thinking, but Im not sure if my ignorant siblings will see their mistakes, it's like talking to a rock sometimes, like they dont have a concience anymore.
>>
>>17557326
I feel like if I leave nothing's really going to change or just going to get worse. I feel like I will be abandoning my parents, they tried and tried talking to my brother about his bullshit teen antics but he just doesn't seem to listen
>>
>>17556859
Your sister doesn't live at home anymore, she is not obligated to do chores or contribute money even though it would be nice for her to do so.
You're taking full financial responsibility for your parents, that's your own decision (as selfless as it may be) but it is still your choice to burden yourself.
Your Dad is young and still has many years to work, if he didn't pay into a pension or 401K he knew what the future consequences would be.
Even if your Dad's health isn't great, are you going to support them forever? And hold bitterness and resent towards your siblings while doing so?
Have a discussion with your brother and sister, if they cannot contribute monetarily then I think you could remind them that you are and that it would make your life a lot easier if they could just take on a few chores. Don't call them lazy, don't make them out to be bad kids, just bring it up in a friendly way while sugarcoating it.
Say; "it's okay if you don't, but it would really help me, Mom and Dad out if you guys could regularly take care of (whatever chore) 1-2x a week."
If they blow up at you, tell them this was exactly what you were afraid of and tell them it's difficult to support 4 people and causing you stress, you don't mean to put a lot on their plate- you just want to lighten the load a bit on your own.
To be honest this is a conversation that your parents should be having with your brother and sister, you're taking on too much of their responsibilities and letting it give you anxiety rather than asking your parents to distribute the load fairly.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.