[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sell my Macbook or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Fullbleed+1.jpg (450KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Fullbleed+1.jpg
450KB, 960x640px
Sup /adv/isors (inb4 >>>/g/)

>got a Macbook early 2015
>present from my now ex-gf, she bought it so i could use it for university
>university... at least t'was fore i fucked errythang up
>now moving to a pretty dangerous city, where i wouldn't feel safe carrying around a 1000$ facebook machine
>i use it only for 4chan, music, movies, and general bullshit like that
>a friend of mine would buy from me, cash in hand
>he'd use it for music production and shit like that
>i'm a southern europe poorfag cunt

Should I sell it? With the money I could get a desktop and a tablet for my portability needs, plus I'd feel safer carrying around a 100$ slate shit.

On the other hand, this Mac has some kind of sentimental value to me, plus it's very comfy and it does all I need, and it's easy to move around too.

What are your thoughts?
>>
>>17556398
seems to make sense to me.

Have you fully priced out the tablet and desktop build? Because if you can do both of those with the money from your friend, it would be a pretty great trade off.

Also you'd be able to help your friend out on top of that.
>>
>>17556409
Yeah, I think I can afford both. Plus I'm not really picky when it comes to computers. As long as it plays music, movies and 4chan I'm fine.

I've got a monitor, a case, keyboards and mouse lying around so those are taken care of.

Plus since I'm moving out I think I'd actually take some time before building my own desktop.
>>
>>17556424
Then I say go for it man. Given what you would be using either machine for, a tablet should be able to hold you over until you have the funds to finish the desktop build - and you may be able to save even more cash in the meantime.

Given the pieces that you already have, you could probably finish your build for under 400, get a cheap tablet for something around 100, and then save the remaining money.
>>
>>17556398
The other day i was comparing Macbooks with Newegg laptop deals. You can easily find a computer twice the speed at half the price. If you are savy with computers i would say price out an alternative and then see what your macbook will go for. One i saw online was 800 with an I7, macs only have i5, 200+ ssd, while macbook had 128 ssd, and so on.

So you very well might be able to get a better computer when selling you mac because of the hype.
>>
>>17556452
>macbook had 128 ssd
*hdd
>>
>>17556452
>>17556441
Yeah I think I will sell it. It'd be "un pensiero in meno" (something less to think about), and I could get nice money for it too. Plus I really think it's wasted on me, since I just write and do basic stuff.

Thank you guys. Now I need to check which tablet I should get.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.