[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually possible to lower your standards? I got asked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1472363281415.jpg (102KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
1472363281415.jpg
102KB, 1063x752px
Is it actually possible to lower your standards?
I got asked out by a ton of girls back in high school but I didn't find any of them attractive.
Now I'm lonely and I feel like it wouldn't have to be this way if I could just settle for a 5/10.
But I'm not going to be able to care about her if I don't find her attractive.
>>
It is possible, but you might feel shitty for it. It does suck to date someone whom you don't find sexy.

If you develop feelings for her, it'll up her rating in your eyes a bit, but it won't make a 5/10 into 8/10. Maybe one point up, figuratively speaking. But it's possible.

Tell me, why don't you man the fuck up and try hitting higher? You don't think you can score better? If you've really been "asked out by a lot of girls," there's no way your self esteem is that low
>>
I've tried but I've found it has never really worked for me. I get tons of propositions from let's just say "larger" women, and even though I haven't been in a relationship or had sex for like 5 years now I can't bring myself to want to fuck these girls, much less do other relationship-y things. There's no shame in having standards, as long as they're not crazy high.

Don't date someone just to have a relationship, if you're not attracted to them, it'll just end up worse than if you were single.
>>
Hate to say it but there has to be some physical attraction
>>
Question for OP: Do you have any friends who happen to be female?
>>
>>17556397
Cut your balls off, then even 10/10 girls won't be attractive to you in a sexual way and you'll be okay with more people and just want cuddles in the first place. You won't even care about sex. Worked for me bro.
>>
File: 1469262346212.gif (667KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469262346212.gif
667KB, 400x400px
>>17556674
No. I don't even have any male friends.
>>
Lower, maybe. Change, for sure.
The longer I go, the less important exterior things have become. Up to a certain line ofc.
>>
I went for a girl I was not attracted to, befriended her, I even loved her I think. But sexual life was lacking, she would always complain that she does not get enough sex. And sometimes I was even preferring to fap over humping her. She was solid over 5/10, but I think that's the personality that was lacking something "attracting", despite being below my level she was nagging, needy BPD bitch expecting to be treated like a 11/10 princess 24h. Maybe that's no wonder she cheated on me and we broke up.

Though, I never imagined long term relationships/marriage to be centered around sexual life, I imagine it to be a strong friendship to the point a person becomes a family to you.

Well, anyway, that's my adventure with lowering standards OP, not sure if it clarifies anything for you.
>>
>>17556754
>she was nagging, needy BPD bitch expecting to be treated like a 11/10 princess 24h
This sums up my experiences with all women regardless of their attractiveness level. It's the way they're raised, they're all just shit.
>>
File: awe.gif (471KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
awe.gif
471KB, 500x250px
>>17556680
>Worked for me bro.

Please be a troll.
Or share your story.
>>
File: trapper.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
trapper.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>17556756
Yeah, I think it's the natural selection. Only males with enough energy, resolve and desperation to keep fretting for these bitches till the become exhausted shadows of men they were just to get offspring are going to get any. Humans are now becoming like spiders when female is eating male alive during copulation.

Or maybe modern women are just shit as you said.

Or maybe both. No matter which one, I'm out of the game, I'm always putting in only as much as she does, hell, I was putting into relationships even more than women. Still not worth it. I'm out of this game. Unless I find a woman without princess complex and brain washed with toxic mass media and expectations I'm leading hermit life.
Pic related, It's me after hitting 50.
>>
>>17556680
Oh whoa wait, you did it electively? I figured it was probably some medical thing. Story?
>>
>>17556733
There's part of your problem, then. You're putting the cart before the horse, trying to get a girlfriend before you've built a social circle for yourself. Work on getting some friends of both sexes, and THEN circle back around to the girlfriend project.

"Lowering your standards" isn't really possible. What you CAN do, though, is start seeing women as something other than something to fuck. This requires dealing with them on a regular basis -thus, the importance of having some as genuine friends- but once you do, you will find that looks carry somewhat less weight than they used to. Some weight still, to be sure, but not as much.
>>
>>17556764
>>17556757

Nah it was a medical thing, explanation in another thread. I have come to like this state of being however.

Note though I am not actually being serious in suggesting that OP cut off his balls.

Here:
>>17556803
>>17556825
>>
>>17556397
>I'm above basic bitches
>>
>>17556397
You don't lower your standards, you re-arrange them. Instead of saying "I don't care if she's dumb as a stick as long as she's a 10" you find yourself saying "I don't care if she's a 6 as long as I can have an intelligent conversation with her" or some other rearrangement of priorities.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.