[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this guy who I used to be friends with that I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (183KB, 370x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
183KB, 370x359px
I have this guy who I used to be friends with that I haven't seen in 2 years who's been messaging me throughout the day daily asking what I'm doing, if I want to hangout, what workouts I'm doing, etc etc. It's incredibly obnoxious and annoying. I don't want to be mean or hurt his feelings. But I really don't want to hangout. He's literally a compulsive liar and I don't want to have someone in my life who constantly spews shit to my face as if I'm a dummy that doesn't have a coherent thought. lately I haven't been replying to his texts and I keep telling him I'm busy. Where do I go from here? He's just going to keep messaging me.
>>
>>17555586
stop being a pussy and tell him straight up
>>
>>17555593
Is it really me being a pussy tho? Can we put the tough love 4chan edgy memes aside for a minute and really think about this?

Do I have to burn bridges with him? Surely there is a nice way to do this without having some beef between us.
>>
>>17555602
I used to hangout with a couple of under scheming stoners in highschool. In my senior year I started really putting myself together but they would always text me or ask to hangout. I just told them I was busy and invited them to things I knew they wouldn't come too. They slowly went away and I went forward with my life. I didn't lose any sleep over it.
>>
>>17555607
>>17555602

There's nothing edgy about what >>17555593 said. You don't want the person in your life, there's no difference between burning bridges or wasting your time being passive aggressive about what you want other than just that, wasting your own time. If he changes for the better later down the road, then he may approach you again and apologize. It's not your job to coddle him.
>>
>>17555602
i feel that honesty is the best policy. i had a similar situation back in hs and i feel like an absolute dick for not telling him straight up that i didnt want to be his friend. its less wasted time and less hurt feelings in the long run
>>
>>17555612
That's a good way of putting it. Thanks amigo. So what do I say to time? Call him out on his shit or just leave it?
>>
>>17555618
Cutting people down rarely works. Just flat out tell him you're busy, you don't want to have to check your phone all the time to see if it's an important text, the amount that he texts you is bothersome, etc.

If you really need to drive the nail home, just let him know it's a combination of any of the aforementioned, as well as the fact that he's lied to you several times before, you don't like talking to people who do that, and preemptively tell him before he has time to counter and bring it up as a reason to keep arguing and talking, tell him that while he may change or get out of that habit eventually, and you wish him luck with it, again you do not have the time to talk with him at this point in your life and you don't see it being worth your while in the future.

Be firm without escalating it and getting both him and yourself worked up, which you inevitably will for him regardless, but also make sure to ignore and delete texts that continue after you've reached the foot down stage without reading through them or responding until he eventually stops, or you'll instigate him to keep going. Don't be tempted to throw a bone at all after you hit the final step.

Think of the shitposters, hide thread and move on.
>>
>>17555615
Let me fill you in on this guy so maybe you guys could tell me how to approach this.

He lies constantly. It could be about anything. Even things that don't matter. He told me him and my girlfriends step sister were best friends in grade 9 and they would always hangout. Then I was chatting with her and brought this up and she looked at me like I was crazy and said "um no we never talked at all, in fact he was a bit of a creep". So that kinda made me feel stupid. then just the other day he messaged me at 9 at night asking if I want to go for a drive. I told him I was tired and he replied back "okay, have a good night", then he quickly replied back "oh btw I'm having a girl over right now". He's also been telling me for the past like 3 years how he's lost 70lbs, even though it's clearly bullshit. But he keeps mentioning it. It's an odd character. He's also highly sensitive and insecure
>>
>>17555586
>haven't been replying to him
>I keep telling him i'm busy
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.