[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

File: alleyway jap.jpg (624KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
alleyway jap.jpg
624KB, 1280x1920px
>be me
>18
>studying finances at the uni
>good grades
>got hired at a forex company
>good pay
>leave house by 6:30am, come back home at 9:45pm
>bought a sports car(370z)
The only thing im missing would be a place of my own(i live with my mom), im so close to achieving a way of life many people die dreaming of but im unable to feel happy, im mostly craving a gf but im a very depressed person and i cant see myself making a woman happy, how can i give others happiness if i dont have any?, i might kms one day... cant keep taking this...
>>
>im unable to feel happy
>leave house by 6:30am, come back home at 9:45pm

There's your problem

I used to work a job that maybe might have lead to me making $1m/yr by 35-40 but fuck working such long hours. It's not worth it.
>>
>>17555528
i dont wanna leave neither the uni or the job, what should i do anon?
>>
>>17555600
how many years Ieft at university?
>>
>>17555528

>$1,000,000 / year
>by 35
>not worth it

>retiring in a year
>not worth it

As opposed to what? Others working 10 hrs a day for $50,000?
>>
>>17555619
>>
>>17555644
>retiring in 40s doing something I hate having spent my youth working 12-14 hours a day
>retiring in my 60s-80s doing something I love working more reasonable hours allowing me to enjoy my income

I choose the latter

There's nothing to do with tons of money other than donate it after a certain point.
>>
What exactly do you plan on doing after retiring anyway? There's nothing left to do except wait for death really. None of those people you used to know who still have to work till they're 65 are going to want to be around you much.
>>
>>17555693

>retiring in my 60s-80s doing something I love working more reasonable hours allowing me to enjoy my income

>work
>something you love

Yea, right. Unless you are a doctor or absolutely the best (top 1%) in your field (a real field), that's not going to happen.

>retiring in 40s doing something I hate having spent my youth working 12-14 hours a day

Who said anything about 40s? OP is claiming to be making good money. Do you know what good money in ForEx is? Let me put it this way - sales cucks at Fidelity make $250,000 with uncapped bonus. You can retire in 5 years with $1,500,000 and do whatever the fuck you want.

>but that's not that much money

Yea, sure, but it's far more than you are going to get working for an average of $70,000 or whatever the fuck people without connections and desired majors make.

Basically, you don't understand what real money is.

Anyway, OP sounds like he is full of shit.

>living with mom
>bought 370Z

Not a very bright decision for a finance major.

>ib4 "only $40,000"

Right, but he shouldn't be buying it unless he is making over $80,000, which if he is, he really needs to shut the fuck up and suck it up, because he actually has a shot at a real life.
>>
>>17555698

>What exactly do you plan on doing after retiring anyway?

Whatever the fuck I want?

> There's nothing left to do except wait for death really.

In what cuck reality? You can't go be a doctor if you retire at 30 and go to wartorn nation where you actually help instead of pumping fat people's stomachs? You can't work on tech or whatever your passion is? That's the weakest argument I hear repeated over and over.

>None of those people you used to know who still have to work till they're 65 are going to want to be around you much.

Don't brag to them.
>>
>>17555674
weII if you've onIy got 2 years of university Ieft just sIug it out dude.
Maybe taIk to your boss and expIain that you're super fried with university+work and see if he wouId consider easing the Ioad on you a IittIe whiIe you compIete your study.
>>
>>17555706
its not brand new tho, got it for 15k, im saving for a house, i should be able to move out in 5 years and still have a very decent amount for other things, im not making 6 figures salaries, but im not far from doing so, maybe when i graduate i can use the extra time
>>
>>17555706
>Yea, right. Unless you are a doctor or absolutely the best (top 1%) in your field (a real field), that's not going to happen.

Plenty of engineering and engineering-related design fields allow for you to make good money and retire at 60 these days. The people who enter those fields and really succeed are always the ones who really love what they do and barely consider it to be work.

Hell exactly 0 of the people who I know that work in Accountancy or as Hedge Fund Traders hate their job. Sometimes they hate the people they work with, sometimes they hate the city they work in, but I've never heard one say they hated their job. Same goes for my friend who works as a Chemical Engineer.
>>
>>17555712
>implying being a doctor is the only profession you can enjoy

What? Lots of doctors don't like their jobs.

And I don't think working at Fidelity is that profitable in reality.

>In what cuck reality? You can't go be a doctor if you retire at 30 and go to wartorn nation where you actually help instead of pumping fat people's stomachs? You can't work on tech or whatever your passion is? That's the weakest argument I hear repeated over and over.

Why not just do those from the beginning? I assure you that this plan of "I will work till 35/40 in finance then switch to some other industry starting again from zero" is not the road to riches you're imagining it to be.

Do you really want to be a 40 year old trainee doctor or junior software developer?
>>
>>17555757
I used to work as a trader and didn't like my job and I didn't fit with the other people much either.

You don't know them because they quit after a year or so. This is a significant population.
>>
>>17555757
OP here, yeah, i love my job, but the problem im facing is the gf thing, ive been working since i was 17(its legal to do so here in Panama), now that ive been able to get a better job and a nice car i felt like i had the necessary to get a gf, but girls avoid me... dont they like money and cars?, tfw> cant get a girl to love me just being myself but cant get a girl with money either, also... nice quads
>>
>>17555744

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?zc=73301&rd=99999&prMx=15000&stkTypId=28881&mdId=27663&transTypeId=28112&mkId=20077&sf1Nm=price&sf1Dir=DESC&sf2Nm=miles&sf2Dir=ASC&page=1&perPage=50&sortFeatures=buryUsedLowPrice&sortFeatures=buryNewLowPrice&sortFeatures=buryLowPriceOlderThanSix&sortFeatures=buryNoPrice&sortFeatures=buryUsedLowMileage&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT

Somehow I doubt that. Keep in mind that the link above is a COUNTRY-wide search. Or you got one that's been beat to shit, which is equally stupid.

Then there is the fact that the whole point of having a Z is to beat the shit out of it. The eat tires and brakes. Oh, speaking of tires, enjoy needing winter tires, because you aren't going anywhere otherwise in the winter. Etc, etc, etc. You shouldn't have one unless you make real money.

>>17555757

>Plenty of engineering and engineering-related design fields allow for you to make good money and retire at 60 these days. The people who enter those fields and really succeed are always the ones who really love what they do and barely consider it to be work.

Most engineers do boring-as-fuck shit. A lot of mech E guys start off decent, 60s or so, but don't break 6-figures.

>Hell exactly 0 of the people who I know that work in Accountancy or as Hedge Fund Traders hate their job. Sometimes they hate the people they work with, sometimes they hate the city they work in, but I've never heard one say they hated their job. Same goes for my friend who works as a Chemical Engineer.

>accountants
>not hating their job

Do you know what accounting is?

>And I don't think working at Fidelity is that profitable in reality.

I am talking about people I have worked with directly, not some magical hypothetical jobs. Look up Account Executive pay at Fid.

>Why not just do those from the beginning?

Because when you have a job, you are mostly stuck doing boring shit, with lots of deadlines and cost-saving.

cont.
>>
>>17555780
Are they older than you?
Maybe they already have boyfriends, or like yourself are so commited to work that they don't have a lot of spare time.

There can be a lot of reason girls seem to avoid you. I mean it could be like what you said maybe the depression is a factor and maybe they avoid you become you seem depressed or your mood is foul.
>>
>>17555769

>Do you really want to be a 40 year old trainee doctor or junior software developer?

You are missing the part where you are not WORKING as a software developer. You are using the skills to do whatever the fuck you want. As far as being a doctor intern - again, there is no pressure, you are set financially, and can focus on it. If you don't like it, quit, it doesn't matter, you have made it already.

>>17555772

Finance is shit nowadays. You are over-worked as fuck after getting a thousand certs and then you have to be amazingly lucky or well-connected to have a shot.

>>17555780

> dont they like money and cars?, tfw> cant get a girl to love me just being myself but cant get a girl with money either, also... nice quads

Please tell me you are trolling.
>>
>>17555786
>I am talking about people I have worked with directly, not some magical hypothetical jobs. Look up Account Executive pay at Fid.

Link? I want averages and medians, not stories about some people you know.

Everyone at Google thinks they're going to end up hitting $500k by 28 then they plateau at $250k. Everyone in trading thinks they're going to hit $1mil by 30 then the vast majority never reach it. Same with sales. Same with entrepreneurs.
>>
>>17555792
>Finance is shit nowadays.

Every industry is shit when you compare it to their respective peaks.
>>
>>17555786
I know exactly what Accounting is and the people I've met who are Accountants don't hate it, they enjoy the problem solving aspects of it and really once they have a client who has been with them for more than a year or two the Accountancy becomes so routine that they can complete their job quickly.

>Engineers do boring-as-fuck shit

I get the feeling you say all this just because you can't relate to them, the people I knew buidling a career in mechanical engineering and automotive engineering loved it, could spend all day on it. Same goes for a couple of the aerospace engineers I knew at University.
>>
>>17555808
You won't meet many well-off people who hate their jobs because if they really hated them they would have likely quit before you met them.

It's only less wealthy people who can't easily leave their careers.
>>
>>17555786
OP here, whats wrong with some milage? mine is the exactly like the first one(except mine is a hard top), i live in central america, i buy all weather tires, maintenance is pretty low(i do it myself, i only ask a friend for help from time to time, tires are still in good condition tho, and brakes are still good( do you really think that im able to drive that much? i spend 8 hours at work, then i drive 20 mins to my uni(spend 4-5 hours there) and then drive 30 mins back home.
>>
>>17555815
Yeah I know but that's kind of my point. A $65k-75k+ job that can become a 6 figure job once you're more experienced and can work in the management/director/senior role of it isn't some myth at least when it comes to many finance/economics/engineering fields.
>>
>>17555786
Its op again... just because you dont like accounting or engineering doesnt mean everyone does, i love my job, my dad is a naval engineer and he loves his job... you are truly ignorant
>>
>>17555790
most of the girls i flirt with are either my age or a little older(oldest one ive tried going out with was a 20yo asian)
>>
>>17555828
Who knows, it's hard to say what could be the issue.

If you have female friends (I'm guessing you don't) then talk to them about it. If you have male friends too then ask them, they might have some insight.

Otherwise just keep trying and maybe try to find the time in your schedule to attend a party every week or two.
>>
>>17555792
well im out of ideas... ive tried being the good beta guy(didnt work, obviously), tried playing the "im not interested" game(no results), tried being myself( no results), the only thing left to try would be to become an asshole and brag about my things(which i dont want to do because i hate people who do that)
>>
>>17555801

>Link? I want averages and medians, not stories about some people you know.

Going to have to take my word for it. I can post proof of being a CFA and having worked for Fidelity if that will satisfy you.

>>17555807

>Every industry is shit when you compare it to their respective peaks.

Finance is REALLY shit. A ton of finance jobs were lost, including analyst jobs because software digs through data now.

>>17555808

>I get the feeling you say all this just because you can't relate to them
>can't relate

I was a software engineer for a while and have a mech E degree. It's boring routine work.

>>17555816

> i spend 8 hours at work, then i drive 20 mins to my uni(spend 4-5 hours there) and then drive 30 mins back home.

If you don't use the car like it's meant to be used, it's fine.

>>17555824

Hey, as long as you are happy.
>>
>>17555836
how should i approach them with the questions? im not good with this kind of emotional situations(but i think you already know that xd)
>>
>>17555845
That really just makes it sound like you're one of the wash-outs like (>>17555815) or (>>17555772)
>>
>>17555855

>hating something == being a washout

Yea, ok.
>>
>>17555845
>If you don't use the car like it's meant to be used, it's fine.
seriously? "meant to be used", so should i just sell it? should i get an suv? oh nvm thats for couples with kids, maybe a small car? oh but its made to carry 5 people, then i guess im taking the bus... that was a very cocky question anon
>>
>>17555845
I have a pretty cushy job in finance (programming and stuff) making around $105k a year at 25 in a city where my living expenses are around $25k a year. The worst part is having to wear a suit and not having many colleagues around my age. I don't know how much longer I can put up with that to be honest.

It's not $1mil but it's a decent start in life
>>
>>17555849
Your friends? I mean just asking if there's anything about you that they think is annoying or that isn't attractive.

But when it comes to approaching women with questions, I dunno small talk is the most situational thing in the world. Usually when I was attending parties in University I asked about

1) If they had tattoos I always asked them about why they got it, what else are they thinking about getting. That always helped to lead the conversation into what they would or wouldn't do (like skydiving, basejumping, etc) and what they like to do for fun.

2) If there was a mutual friend of mine at the party I might ask them if they knew him, honestly the University parties I attended were never super large so there was always somebody who knew somebody that I knew and we'd talk about them, how they met that person, funny shit they've done, etc

3) If they're drinking I'd ask them what they were drinking and if it was any good, steer the conversation onto favorite mixed drinks or types of liquor, favorite food, then favorite place to eat, etc

But it's hard to force anyone to get into a conversation that they don't want to be in, but other people might just be shy and not good at small talk. I've met some girls who were like that and so I had to lead the conversation.
>>
>>17555855
I'm not a wash out, I planned to leave after a couple years from the beginning. It was always just a way to save up some cash in the short term.
>>
>>17555866

>I don't know how much longer I can put up with that to be honest.

Basically, making that much gives you options. People telling OP "it's not worth it" are forgetting that the alternatives are working at some shit job for far less pay.

YOU, in particular, don't like your job? Stick it out for a while, buy some 4-unit apartment buildings, go get another degree. You can afford to. Most people can't, which is my point.
>>
File: ReasonsToLive.jpg (46KB, 480x813px) Image search: [Google]
ReasonsToLive.jpg
46KB, 480x813px
I feel ya OP. I don't know what the fuck i'm going to do after getting my medical license. Probably off myself, honestly. I'm just doing it out of spite at the world at this point. To prove I could, that i'm not a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>17555893
I don't really feel that investing in property (for myself or to rent) is worth it unless you have like $1 million in assets or more. Diversity diversity diversify as they say
>>
>>17555870
thanks anon, you are the only one helping me in this thread; now, is there a way to feel more confident when talking to others? i usually get a knot in my throat when i go to social activities
>>
>>17555909

Property has a point if you are willing to do work on it or find cheap labor to do work on it.

As far as diversity - active management takes too much time, so index funds for everyone.

If you want to trade actively, trade forex with 50x leverage or options imo.

"Real" long terms investing, a la The Intelligent Investor is way too much of a pain in the ass.
>>
>>17555909
then where is people supposed to live?, around 35% of the world´s population is poor, should they just give up and live in a forest until they die?
>>
>>17555503
Nobody dies to leave the house at 6:30am and come home at 9:45pm

What are you making per hour? I doubt it's that high.
>>
>>17555916
Practice.

The more you socialize overall the more you'll get used to it and feel more confident in your abilities. It honestly helps to socialize with friends that you always feel comfortable with, and then when you socialize with other people you try to act the same way you do around your friends.

It's not the easiest thing to get used to but I was that kind of kid when I was younger and after a year or two socializing, meeting new people, and making friends was comfortable for me.
>>
>>17555706
Retire in 5 years with 1.5m? You'll only make like 700k after taxes and living expenses. You think you can retire on that? LOL
>>
>>17555921
There's plenty of good quality rental property where I live
>>
>>17555923
$26, i work Saturdays too
>>
>>17555927

I think you can retire on 1.5 mil if you don't fuck it up and aren't trying to provide an extravagant lifestyle for a family.

>living expenses
>even a factor when making 300k

But yea, you have a point on taxes. Ok, make it 35 instead of 30. Boo hoo.
>>
>>17555935
what would you do for the rest of your life? even with a lot of money you would soon run out of it if you plan on traveling around the world or buying things, but if you dont do so, then you would get extremely bored after a single month
>>
>>17555934
>$26, i work Saturdays too
>so close to achieving a way of life many people die dreaming of
lol
>>
>>17555947
I think you forget anon, we're talking about making $26/hour in Panama.
>>
I always found it weird how otherwise intelligent, educated people think they need tons of money to be happy. Myself I make a good amount but my hobbies are just manga and other similar stuff that doesn't cost much.

I would like to donate more to medical research but I'm not selfless enough to kill myself early through stress or greatly reduce my free time in order to do so.
>>
>>17555947
you do realize that uni is free here in Panama, and that the median house is worth something between 150k and 300k depending on location and size...
>>
>>17555960

Give me a list of your top 5 manga, and I will give you a profound one-sentence answer that you won't be able to refute. Unless it's the type of shit /a/ likes. At that point you are a lost cause anyway.
>>
>>17555994
I feel uncomfortable opening a window to my soul like that.

Anyway being around a bunch of dull, sort-of-wealthy guys in suits drinking is much less fun than sitting at home drawing, making cosplay, watching anime on TV or reading the latest doujinshi.
>>
>>17556008
dont you worry(im op), i like anime and manga too, i just dont have much time, i love the romance, fantasy, seinen and drama genres :D
>>
>>17556008
>>17556015

You guys like reading manga about poor guys sitting at home alone and reading manga? Just wondering.

I mean, how cool would it be if Spike just went to his office job and came back to read manga?
>>
>>17556022
well...yeah, i enjoy when the principal character is a neet, they make very interesting stories, at the end of the day i rather be at any end of the spectrum( either rich or neet) instead of being a normie
>>
>>17556022
I like reading manga with cute girls but there aren't any at work.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.