[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive been on okcupid for a couple years noiw and ive had zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 1459067876644.jpg (38KB, 667x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459067876644.jpg
38KB, 667x720px
ive been on okcupid for a couple years noiw and ive had zero luck with it. i get into some conversations now and then that dont last very long, and then thats pretty much it. i have some good pictures of myself, i make myself sound interesting on my profile, i reach out and try to chat with women who have things in common with me, but for whatever reason i just dont get a lot of interest. i know this is a very broad question (and being such a broad question, feel free to ask any questions you have), but what am i doing wrong?
>>
You have to post your profile and some convos
>>
>>17555563
alright fine.
>>
File: fuck.png (221KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
221KB, 1280x1024px
>>
You seem lame and I wouldn't message you back. Then again I hardly message anyone back.
>>
File: shit.jpg (176KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
176KB, 1280x1024px
>>
File: 1463162397280.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1463162397280.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>17555605
>video games
>5'6''
>no ethnicity
>Atheism
>'penchant for strangeness'
>sarcastic humour
>>
>>17555609
alright, thanks for the useless input. got any constructive criticism?
>>
File: b23.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
b23.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>17555610
>You shouId message me if you're a nerd of some kind
>or You're a fucking weirdo
>Doesn't have kids and doesn't want them
>Has cats
>>
>>17555611
yeah youre right, i should just pretend to be someone else. i like weird/nerdy/smart bitches, those are the only kinds of girls i date, so what.
>>
>>17555613
Okay, your profile screams "man child"
>>
>>17555605
What do you mean when you say you like women with thick skin? Because it sounds like you're going to make fun of your girlfriend and not react well when she asks you to stop.

Shitty guitar skills is bad. If you're calling your own hobbies shitty... look, I know that's a self-defense thing, the idea that if you call it shitty first, then other people can't hurt you by calling it shitty. But it's really unattractive. It makes you look like a really negative person who's zero fun to be around.
>>
>>17555622
yeah, still not really constructive. fuck off if youre not going to help.
>>
>>17555624
It probably means he wants to be able to make racist/sexist/etc jokes without judgment
>>
>>17555625
>>17555620
>>17555613
You're a weirdo and a cunt and its puts peopIe off thats why no ones messaging you mate.
>>
>>17555627
Very possible. Yeah that's unattractive too.
>>
>>17555624
what i mean is i like women who arent pushovers, who dont get offended easily. and my guitar skills are shitty, im just being honest. i dont think i come off as insecure, its the only self-deprecating thing i have on the whole profile. i think it makes it look like i dont take myself too seriously.
>>
>>17555629
uhh, yeah im weird. i wouldnt be able to date a normal person, nor would i want to. lol im not trying to attract dumb bimbos to fuck here.
>>
>>17555631
yeah, thats partly what it means too. dont care if thats unattractive to most girls, thats a part of who i am, so. not gonna pretend to be someone else.
>>
I'm starting to think OP is past the point of help.

Basically, you sound like a shitty person and you just want someone to love you for how shitty you are, is that correct?
>>
>>17555648
this is correct.
>>
>>17555648
lol im weird, but a "shitty" person? like how did you even come to that come to that conclusion.
>>
>>17555610
>>17555605
expand your age range
shorten the first paragraph. its too long and looks kinda lame. be brief and mysterious. take out anything specifying the type of girl you want bc you are filtering girls out with that.
video games? lame and nerdy like every other dude.
good listener? fucking lol. you trying to sound like a beta?
shorten the interests sections by a lot
be taller
drugs never? fag
"you should message me if" section sounds like you are trying to repel girls
>>
>>17555632
>i like women who dont get offended easily
I know what "thick skin" means. My point is that that's a terrible requirement when looking for a romantic partner because most people don't want a partner who's going to do and say offensive things.

>my guitar skills are shitty, im just being honest
Omitting that you are a shitty guitarist is not dishonesty. The point of a dating profile is to present the things about yourself that you like and that you're proud of, and that you hope might be attractive to someone else. If you can't write a few paragraphs like that before you run out of content and need to put in something you don't like about yourself, that doesn't make you seem like a fun, attractive, or interesting person.

If you're going to put in something self-depricating to show that you don't take yourself too seriously, try using a joke. Self-depricating humour can be good, don't just say "I'm shitty at one of the TWO things in the 'what I'm doing with my life' box"
>>
alright fine, what should i change then, faggots? without trying to posture and act like someone im not, what should i change about my profile that might give me better luck?
>>
>>17555658
post your pics. that the most important factor
>>
>>17555656
>most people don't want a partner who's going to do and say offensive things.
well i do, so.

>>17555656
>Omitting that you are a shitty guitarist is not dishonesty. The point of a dating profile is to present the things about yourself that you like and that you're proud of, and that you hope might be attractive to someone else. If you can't write a few paragraphs like that before you run out of content and need to put in something you don't like about yourself, that doesn't make you seem like a fun, attractive, or interesting person.
fair enough.
>>
>>17555653
Everyone in the thread is telling you how unpleasant you sound. And you're okay with being a bigot. How is this even a question? Oh yeah, you're OP.

No matter what we say you're going to pull the classic shit that humans do, which is justifying their own shitty behavior. It's fucking annoying because you're asking for advice and you're just arguing the input you asked for.
>>
>>17555660
nah, my pics are fine.
>>
>>17555663
>And you're okay with being a bigot.
lol yet again i ask, how are you coming to this conclusion?

>>17555656
see this guy? hes being helpful. learn a few things from him, bud.
>>
>>17555671
>how are you coming to this conclusion?
Not him, but: this right here is how I came to it.
>>17555639
>yeah, thats partly what it means too. dont care if thats unattractive to most girls, thats a part of who i am
>>17555662
>well i do, so.
>>
>>17555676
so making offensive jokes means im a bigot? alright, i mean, i guess Louie CK is a bigot because he says some offensive things. great logic there, champ.
>>
>>17555680
Is being this ignorant somehow beneficial to you?
>>
>>17555680
You are losing track of the conversation. This is a thread about self-improvement. Focus.
>>
>>17555686
guess youre gonna have to explain that too. how am i ignorant? all you fucktards are doing is jumping to conclusions. "you say offensive things therefore youre a bigot." fuck outta here.
>>
I guess OP really is just a retard lacking critical thought. Have fun protecting your fragile ego.
>>
>>17555656
so, one helpful anon in this whole thread, have any other constructive criticism for me?
>>
>>17555711
nah, it seems that you advice faggots are terrible at giving advice. most, anyways. theres one anon in here that is actually being helpful, the rest of you are fucking useless.
>>
>>17555713
Yes. Grow up.
Seriously, once you become a bit more mature and grow out of whatever the fuck kind of phase you're in that makes you act like this, this should be easier.
>>
>>17555719
but this is usually my experience, so im not surprised. most of you idiots just expect someone to follow advice without any questioning or protest to condescending statements.
>>
>>17555720
another useless faggot. youre done. next?
>>
>>17555727
example:
>this is totally dumb and you should take it out.
>how though? i dont think it is because reasons
>omg you want advice but you dont take it fucking retard grow up
>>
>>17555479

>Current year
>Still going after western women

Man, I have to tell you after years and years of failed relationships. I finally made the move to China at age 25, literally dating on easy mode. The girls are alot nicer, pleasant to be around, not very demanding, more family oriented. I'm engaged now(after 3 years living in China), life's pretty good. Not for everybody but defs something to consider.
>>
>>17555748
yeah american girls are fucking terrible.
>>
Blame the women, classic and totally underused tactic on this website.
>>
>>17555760

I wouldent day all, but generally the whole life goals of American women in general don't really align with my long term goals. Like I'm not one of those really fat old guys that travel to SE Asia to get 20 year old bride(subservient semen recipticle) that just want them for money. My fiancé has a master's degree in engineering, we both work, have goals. The dating culture is just easier, you just have to be decent looking, educated, pleasant to be around. It's really nice.
>>
alright, so i took some advice.

>removed a bit from the self-summary. no longer says anything about liking thick skinned or strange girls
>took out the "message me if" part
>removed the "shitty guitar skills" thing
>removed "good listener" from things im good at
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.