[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me who you are and where you're going.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

File: jk.jpg (108KB, 560x736px) Image search: [Google]
jk.jpg
108KB, 560x736px
I'll tell you the most practical way to get there.

(In Life)
>>
I am in my 2nd year of a 3 year nursing degree and when I finish I want to work in Canada or America and live there for at least a year how the f do I do that
I'm from Australia
>>
>>17555463
You must join the Canadian Nurse Association. Look them up on google then go into the contact info - write to them and they will inform you of any legal requirements.
>>
I'm an 18 y/o Canadian art student just starting my second year of school. I would like to live somewhere after I graduate where my chances of being a self-sufficient artist are high.
>>
I want to become an orthopedic surgeon and join the group known as Doctors without Borders as soon as I can.

The only set back is my inability at math. I have to take a class equivalent to Algebra 2 at my community college, which will set me back a semester. I feel so idiotic because things click so easily in that class, and I understand that the only reason I'm there is because I didn't pay attention due to my troubled past that had me move many times over (although it's really all in thank to my stupidity).
Moving on, I get test anxiety which affects my performance, but I know that if I weren't timed I would do so much better, which is why I want to go to a work shop that my school is holding sometime in the near future that will help me deal with said anxiety.
I also want to start volunteering at a local hospital and get involved in the STEM club at my school if I have time, but right now I have a certain conundrum that's causing me to lose focus on my goals as of now.
I understand that there are a lot of people doubting my goals because I'm starting at a community college, but I know that I can do this if I play my hand right. I also don't see myself being anything else other than a doctor.

Got anything?
>>
Im 19 im in film school im making a bunch of friends and we are helping eachother with our personal projects, im doing pretty good actually

while i only wanted to learn screenwriting for cartoons and comics because im a /co/fag i turned out to be pretty good at directing stuff and now everyone wants my help, if i continue like this ill probably be able to move to burgerland

On the other hand i feel like i haven't lived at all, it seems like everyone else in class already had a bunch of life experiences with relationdhips parties sex and drugs

Well everyone except me and the girl i like

It makes both of us pretty boring, so while i already told her how i feel and she likes my attitude, she doesn't like me enough to go out with me

I hope that changes over the years, im awesome at what i do but i don't know shit about life

I would like to become the kind of super interesting funny guy that introverted girls dream about
>>
>>17555538
When it comes to this profession you need to establish yourself first before moving anywhere. A lack of a solid foundation will cause your art to suffer. Use the internet to build your image as an Artist. Rid yourself of being "authentic" when it comes to being business-minded. The internet will be your most powerful tool and your brush a close second.
>>
I'm a 25 yr old white male studying copywriting. It suits my natural talents very well. I have a professional mentor who critiques my work, so I'm not just grasping in the dark on my own in this pursuit.

I want to be a freelance copywriter with a stable of repeat clients. I want to be making $75-$100 an hour writing sales copy for mid-sized companies.
>>
>>17555541
Congratulations on finding your path in life - very rarely do people know exactly what they want to do as precisely as you have put it. First you need to discard your hastiness. You already know what you must do - now you have to realize that you must not rush. There are no short cuts to the path you've chosen and the education process will be a long one with much attentiveness required on your part. Fortunately, though it may take a decade, once you become a doctor you will maintain that prestige for the rest of your life. Even when you are old and still practicing people will look up to you. When you are in doubt remember the inner & external rewards of your chosen career to keep you focused on your goals.
>>
I just started my senior year and im wondering what good engineering colleges are out there in and outside of america that has decent education and competent/ semi competent professors. (a friend of mine at bu was talking about how the professors in his college cant teach for shit and are extremely lazy, causing him to do poorly) my gpa is roughly a 3.6 and my act score was 32
>>
>>17555554
You cannot become interesting if you lack experience. It seems that you have experience when it comes to media such as film & comics, therefore you should focus your attention on meeting people with similar interests. Find a convention center or a place where people with common interests like yours meet regularly. You must take the initiative to speak with them. Social skills (humor in your case) and life experiences will come naturally. It is possible that you will find a more rewarding relationship with a girl who also shares your common interests.
>>
im a 20 year old highschool drop out and i want out of dishwashing
>>
>>17555584
You must build adamant rapport with local businesses in your area to succeed in the world of free lance. Log onto any social media website and look up public or private groups involving local business. Reach out to them to find copywriter work. Their references will be unexpendable when you begin to offer your services to mid sized companies.
>>
>>17555484
Thankyou!
>>
>>17555617
There is an extensive degree of independent studying required from you when you enter any university - this becomes true with the higher prestige of universities that you enter. Especially as one enters research institutions you will find that the professors are only giving lectures to maintain their grants for their research and barely care about the students - some will never even learn their student's names. Fortunately, for the diligent student there are tutoring options that come free as well as other means of support, such as regular study groups held by students who are similarly as driven to gain an education. Therefore, you should not base your choice in college on whether or not the professors care for their students but rather based on the prestige of the school and whether they are known for having a good program in engineering. Search for renown schools of engineering on your side of the world before branching out internationally. Review each school's curriculum as it pertains to the major of your choice.
>>
18 year old looking forward to go to music school next year
>>
>>17555677
>>17555617
Hey bud, not op here but I go to university in AustraIia.
There are Iists onIine of the best rated universities in the worId, rated in 4 different categories, teaching, research and 2 others.
Have a Iook at them, Iook for ones with a high rating in teaching and then in those ones Iook for ones that are known for having good engineering courses.
Good Iuck bud.
>>
>>17555650
Save up your money until you have enough to support yourself without working for at least 4 months. Quit your job and find a new one during that time.
>>
>>17555681
Congratulations on getting into music school. Continue to practice your instrument and branch out to as many musical genres as possible.
>>
>>17555702
im not "in" yet
gotta study and prepare a song to present
>>
HeIIo op.
I'm 19, a university student in AustraIia.
I currentIy study an arts degree because its the onIy degree I couId get into in order to get into a prestigious university. I pIan on changing degrees after semester 1 next year, but I'm at a Ioss as to what degree I shouId pick.

When I finished high schooI I wanted to study a science degree with a Chemistry major, and though that stiII sounds very appeaIing, I am a IittIe hesitant because I feeI a BacheIors in Science is a very broad degree and I might not be abIe to find high enough paying work after I graduate.
I've aIso considered a degree in Pharmacy, but I've been toId the pharmaceuticaI business is very hard and there aren't many jobs currentIy.

What shouId I choose? I'm open to pretty much any idea as I feeI I'm capabIe of studying pretty much any degree at university, I just want to make sure the time, effort and money I am putting into my degree wiII give me the best possibIe chances for a high-paying career.
Thanks for your time.
>>
>>17555708
Choose a song that you are extremely familiar with regardless of how dull it may have become to you personally. It's safe to assume that a major part of their decision to enroll you will come from gauging your technical ability. In this case, it's better to show them that you are capable of mastering an average piece rather than playing a complex piece with average technique.
>>
>>17555726
it has to be an original song
is not trouble for me, except for singing since im not really confident about my voice
>>
I'm a high school dropout NEET living in a small ass town in Oregon. I'm really interested in becoming a polymath and developing a good knack for autodidactism (especially in music composition and something in a STEM field that'd help others and allow me a comfortable lifestyle) which seems impossible.
I have no motivation or sense of meaning in my life. I think this is cause I don't spend enough time working on my interests, and I don't have any self sufficiency. I think getting a min wage job would be a first step towards independence but there's a huge gap in my history as I've never had a job besides working at the school store, for my dad's landscaping business, and being a janitor for the city hall. Also I'm terrified of the interview process or fucking up something in my training or while I'm employed that'll make it impossible for me to ever get hired again or move up in my career.
>>
>>17555718
You must visit the career center of your university and discover for yourself a career that has a high median pay and a higher than average growth rate in the future. There is no reason for me to go into specifics as to which degree for you to choose because your personal research will help you decide better. Also, I am fairly confident that you are already aware of which careers are the highest paying - it's only a matter of committing and once you've committed eliminate all doubts.
>>
>>17555732
Study your favorite songs and write down what you like about them specifically. Use this list to write your own original piece incorporating similar elements. Practice this song alone whenever you have time. You must then gather your family and friends at any social gathering and perform for them. These are the logical steps that all artists must take to conquer their fear of the stage and remove their issues with self-confidence. As a final note, do not accept criticism from your family and friends on how you sing, only listen to the experts that you trust and can judge you objectively.
>>
>>17555747
thanks
any tips for depression and bipolar disorder?
I hope the depression goes away once I start doing what I like, but im not sure about the second one
>>
>>17555740
Do not concern yourself with seeking a meaning to life when you've barely begun to live. It is crucial that you find the truth to life but you must be patient because to live you must thrive. Therefore, focusing on your present condition, follow your instinct and get yourself that job. Google commonly asked interview questions and print out pages of them. Take an hour out of your day or so and go through each of the commonly asked questions at jobs. Write a response to each question with 3 sentences or more. These are the questions that they will most likely ask you especially at entry level work. Do not worry about your gap in work as you are applying for a min wage job, your references will be more important. Also it is likely and expected that you make mistakes during the first few days at your job, you should know that this will not be persecuted against you should you apply to any other jobs in the future. Do not be concerned with your record if you have nor broken any laws as there is nothing against dropping pickle jars on your first day.
>>
>>17555454
I'm Canadian, in university, finished my first year but taking time off to save up money to finish my bachelors. Working on a computer science degree at UTSC. I just want a decent job and to be able to enjoy life because working retail at walmart isn't doing it for me.
>>
>>17555768
Depression will come and go as the good and bad fluctuate in your life. Don't worry because it is mostly natural. You must seek professional help for your bipolar disorder. Therapy helps if you are willing to bare all to professionals who are genuinely interested in treating you.
>>
>>17555782
You are doing right with your education therefore what is needed from you is to sharpen your skills. Become aware of your industry and understand the type of tools required for the trade. After doing research on the industries that you are interested in you must begin to immediately develop a portfolio that caters to that specific industry. By this effort alone you are guaranteed a decent job as most people in this world believe that simply having a degree is enough.
>>
I'm taking a break. Wishing you all of the best til I return.
>>
>>17555778
Thank you, fantastic advice.
What should I do for references? I did good in school but I've always been a bit of a loner so I have no one in my community that I could put on my application, I can't go back to my high school to ask the teachers that liked me. and I know family isn't an option. Is volunteer work my only option?
>>
I'm a 23 year old recent graduate. I have a degree, but I am currently working on financing my return to school to study Biology and prospectively medicine. If that doesn't work out I'm going to follow my artistic dreams as an author.
>>
I desire to work in the entertainment industry as a concept artist.I live in fresno California. I practice 10-12 hours a day. I plan to study entertainment design starting in the spring. I am aware that there is nothing a school can give me to become a better artist and that my success is contingent upon mileage in my craft.I an also aware of the benefits of an atelier over a four year college.I an solely going to this school to make connections and get directed practice. Does my decision seem informed or not? What is the best plan of action I can take to bolster my chances of "making it".
>>
I'm a 25 yro electronics technician with PTSD and HIV. I was mostly neglected and abandoned earlier in life and it led down a dark parth of arrests and substance abuse but with soul searching I've turned my life around. I've went to school for computer engineering and have been programming much of the last 5 years. I'm developing technology to reduce hunger, pollution, and consumption. I eventually want to have my own lab to create art and technology between travels.
>>
>>17555454
I'm in my 2nd year of college with a computer science and economics degree in a top 50 college here in the USA. I want to own a small mutual fund.
>>
I'm a 20 year old History student in a europoor country. I'm interested in humanities in general, and I would like to work in something related to edition, writing, journalism, etc. I don't want to work in the field of academical history because it is a fucking joke where I live. Also, I write some narrative fiction and I would like to get some of it published in the future.
I'm a self-diagnosed schizoid. Don't know if I really am one, but I digg the feeling of tedium and worthlessness of social relationships in general. I can't find what to talk about and I can't get engaged by casual conversations. I have some friends and shit and it goes easy when I hang with them, but that's probably because I always drink when I meet them. I also want to fix this in order to be able to always be as socially motivated as when I drink.
I also want to start learning classical greek. What do?
>>
>>17556276
>when you see a post so selfless you hope it isn't true
Fuuuuck.
>>
27 years old.
I have been jobless over a year.
I have $17k in defaulted student loan debt, combined with being jobless over a year this makes it more difficult to get a job.
I have been castrated for nearly 5 years now and have no health insurance. So I'm without replacement testosterone. I'm okay with this but it does make me weak and I look a bit weird now, again compounding difficulty in getting a job. Some medical debt from all of this but I don't really give a fuck about it because it pales in comparison to the defaulted student loans.
Zero sex drive, relationship is sexless, both my partner and I would prefer other kinds of people in a physical sense.
At the same time we both are extremely attached to each other and go very well together in the other aspects of the relationship. Neither of us wants to end it.
On top of this though my partner gets extremely suicidal and depressive at times and it's just wearing me down hard over the years. I've become extremely calm and laid back and really just don't jive with stress, stressful people, stressed people, things like that.
No clue what to do with that relationship shit but I really don't know how much luck I'd have finding a new one seeing as my dick flat out doesn't work 99.975% of the time. Also don't know whether they'd even be as compatible mentally as what I have now.

Where I want to be:
In a place where I have no worries or stresses and get to just relax and be peaceful and serene.
>>
I'm 18, living with my dying grandparents. Moving in soon with my mother in Florida, where she has a job set up for me so I can get money to pay off probation fees.

Where do I wanna be? Dead.
>>
>>17556313
What's got you so bummed?
>>
>>17555454
I'm in first year of commerce at university and I wish to major in accounting and commercial law.

I'm not perfect at accounting but I'm still pretty good at it and I want to do better.
>>
I am a musician. Hopefully going to get accepted to a prestigious music school this year. I hope to become and musician. If that doesn't work out I will become a music teacher. Sound design also looks like fun.
>>
>>17555454
Right now I'm here, but I'm planning on going over there.
>>
File: Guts.jpg (61KB, 408x473px) Image search: [Google]
Guts.jpg
61KB, 408x473px
>>17555454
19 m freshman college student
Fat fuck, 6' 280lbs
Ive never had a girlfriend, let alone even had a friend that was a girl.
Currently friendless IRL, tried making friends but nobody is into what I like to do(shooting sports, vidya games)
Live in Texas so the shooting scene is fud, meaning old folks and rednecks.
Kind of feel like I'll never have friends again like I did back before highschool. Kind of want to kill myself but I keep telling myself it gets better with tears in my eyes.
>>
I'm 24, female, studying at Uni in Finland for the fifth year (and probably going to continue for many years yet).

I have no direction in life, really. I study English language and literature, but no educational sciences so I can't be a teacher. I'm lazy and unmotivated in my studies and generally my life is just a mess.

My only talent is writing, and I'd like to do some sort of freelance writing for websites or maybe write short stories. I'm no novelist, though. I'm only motivated to write when I know someone's going to read and comment on it, so now I mostly write fanfiction for that reason.

Also I'm really lonely, never had a good relationship, but lots of dates/people I was seeing for a while/one night stands. Most of those went to shit and made me feel more terrible than ever. My longest relationship was only 6 months with an insecure man-child who put me down emotionally and damaged my self-esteem. Anyways, I crave emotional and physical closeness and everytime I get it and then never see them again it kills me a little inside.

I just want to have my shit together, really. Have some kind of aim in life, some daily routine and some stability.
>>
Wake up you Delphic fucker
>>
>>17555454
4th grade of high school. Planning to study history.

>inb4 STEMfaggs come at me.
>>
>>17556548
I see you have best taste when it comes to JoJo.

Good luck, anon!
>>
21 year old poli sci student. Currently taking a semester off to get my epilepsy under control and build up some funds. Moving closer to Uni after we're finished fixing up a house hopefully by January. Kinda want a relationship but also I know I need to work on self improvement. I just want to travel and help others yo.
>>
>>17557272
How's poli sci? I'm interested in it or in history, though I lean more towards history.
>>
I'm 24 years old and work as an engineer in a Washington DC suburb. Lately I feel lonely, bored, and purposeless.
I want friends and a social life, and to feel like I am doing something worthwhile with my time.
>>
>>17557282
Start hitting bars, libraries or whatever and start socializing with others. Stop being on a japanese forum made for chinese cartoon's discussions.
>>
>>17557279
My focus is in international relations, so I can't speak for all poli sci students or people of other focuses

But I thoroughly enjoy it. There's an incredible amount of reading to it and when you get into comparative politics there's a huge amount of numbers work. Statistics/Gdp and all that. It's given me the opportunity to interact with people from all over the world and do some stuff I never thought I'd be able to do. Just make sure you're ready to dedicate time to the reading and maybe some extra studying as well if you see a situation that interest you somewhere in the political world.
>>
>>17557287
Sounds interesting, thanks for responding. :)
>>
File: Patrick-Bateman-2-1.jpg (120KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick-Bateman-2-1.jpg
120KB, 1080x810px
I'm 19, in college, and want to make it into Wallstreet. I believe I have the brains, but I'm socially awkward and am afraid that I can't compete against the charming chads.
>>
>>17557285
I'm no good at socializing. I went to a church picnic today and ended up sitting on a bench alone most of the time watching ants. Not sure why I'm such a retard but it's difficult for me to be outgoing.
>>
>>17557294
No problem! Also a thing I noticed plenty of poli sci majors that aren't going into law have a history minor, so don't feel like you have to choose either or. I've always thought they go hand in hand.
>>
>>17557298
Why is it difficult for you to be outgoing? Just start a conversation about something that interests you.
>>
>>17557298
>>17557297
Fake it until you make it. It sounds super lame but honestly, it's what works. Pretend to be a more confident outgoing version of yourselves. Just start by random chit chatting with a stranger next to you at the barbershop or just use a conversation expander when talking to an employee at a retail place. With working on charm, just start acting more polite and confidence.
>>
>>17555454
19 year old in the military, signed for 4 years and only have 3 left...how do I become stupid rich legally...it is my only goal in life
>>
24lvl I already achieved the dream job in a dream city now I want not to be alone.
>>
I'm in my early twenties, fairly extroverted, I go out a lot, although I consider my main hobby drawing. I do comfy office job but I don't make much money.
I study security sciences, getting my bachelor's soon.
I'd like to have an office 9-5 job that gives me above average paycheck, something that allows to rent a small apartment all by myself and still save up enough to go for 2 weeks holidays somewhere once or twice a year (I live in Europe and living with parents, I can barely afford one week abroad once a year right now, but then again uni expenses are about as much as renting a room (not apt, just a room tho)). Possibly I'd like to work in public sector. My bro works there and honestly his wage would be enough for me, although I'd need a flatmate or gf to share expenses with, but I can get that.
>>
Posting in the hope you return

I'm 22 and a physics student. I have an average average because I got depressed and lonely during the middle of my first year which caused me to slack. I hid it from everyone, I should have told my parents. I'm good at everything, but excel at nothing and I'm fine with that.

I'm currently developing a start up company with a friend because I had a good idea, but didnt want to pull it off alone. Even if I dont succeed I learned a shittonne of things.
>>
>>17555454
I'm a male who's planning to become a female.
>>
>>17558049
You're gonna be the cutest girl, follow your dreams.
>>
>>17555454

I'm a twenty-nothing living in my parent's house and weigh over 140 kilos (dunno how much that is in pounds) and I'm also antisocial.

I wanna go back to university and study law so I can have a white collar job in the future.
>>
>>17555454
I'm on my third year of BoSc Specializing in Plant Biology. I would like to go to graduate school for either studies on GEOs and ways to improve yield in crops, or Algal studies (for increased efficiency in biofuels).
>how do I grad school
>am I making a mistake for studies?
>>
>>17558054
Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>17555454
>>17555454
19 year old doing an international relations degree in a good university in Japan (I'm originally from France), currently doing proprietary day trading as a part time job

Want to get into high level investment banking, what's the most practical way you got?
>>
>>17555454
i have no self worth outside my relationship. what can i do.
>>
I'm a 24 year old software developer living and working in a very scummy town for less money than a supermarket assistant.

I want to get into games development, live in a nice culturally rich city and earn enough to be able to buy things that aren't food and supplies, or even be able to save money. I have started to apply for jobs (currently waiting on an indie games studio to get back to me)

I keep having fantasies that once I improve my life and further my career, my ex will like me again. It's probably not healthy but I can't stop my mind sometimes and I miss her so much.
>>
What should I do when depression and anxiety is taking over my life?
>>
I live in a big city in the UK and I want to be a survivor with my own tribe living off the land.
>>
File: 1455846951128.jpg (296KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
1455846951128.jpg
296KB, 1200x798px
>>17557297
Wall street is too big to give an efficient advice on where to start because of the number of ever changing entry doors that exist.
Here are the two main ones I know:
Granted you want to touch the market you'll need find a strategy to make money by yourself (the amount doesn't matter only the annual return does) in which case you only need to flash your shiny portfolio (even if it's paper money) and you'll have the funds to make it big in no time. Doesn't matter if you're socially awkward as long as you make money.

Or you go the standard post college route in which case either you're university is a big name and you make it big in virtually no time. Or your university is a no-name and even with the brains you will be stuck in the mud for a long time as a backbencher. In fact since you're socially awkward you'll be stuck in the mud forever.

I have a few reads on this if interested
>>
>>17555454
23 year-old with a degree in Language/Linguistics looking for stable, non bottom-feeder job to save up for house, car and Master's, currently working cashier at supermarket but my contract expires soon. Getting into translation isn't really an option since the market is absolutely saturated in my country and my specialization is in comparative language studies which probably sounds like the most useless, retarded thing when people go over my resume. Helping my parents with their debt since I'm not an asshole son and I still have to live with them so it's in my best interest that their economic situation stabilizes, so that's where I'm investing most of my current salary. I have built a dump list of concept ideas for various media (books, games, etc) over the years and I want to see at least two of them come to life.

Most of all I just want a stable life and to create something that will be valued by people. I've given up on romance and I'm perfectly fine with dying single but I'd like to still raise a child somehow if that indeed does happen.
>>
Don't fucking know, but i'm starting college tomorrow and I don't know whether that's a good thing or not
>>
>>17557297
search for wallstreeetplayboys.com

follow their advice to the letter and you'll be sociopathic and backstabbing enough. If you embody the culture your pretty much guaranteed to end up there
>>
>>17555768

Don't know about the bipolar, but for the depression do some exercise. It helps immensely.
>>
i work at mcdonalds but i want to move to japan and draw japanese hentai
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.