[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to maintain a positive mindset.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Jojo and Caesar.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo and Caesar.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
I am generally very negative, tired, and passive person, with no energy, and only angst and apathy in my mind. Despite no longer being as deep in the pit of depression I was some time ago, I still haven't completely escaped the pull of that black hole.

Anyways, sometimes, I get episodes where I am unusually happy, energetic, and confident, which is a welcome change of pace for me, because life is generally more pleasant in that mindset. The problem is, that those states of mind are fleeting, couple of days, or maybe a week at best, and I got no real clue of how to maintain them, or even return to that state of mind.
I can be dropped back into negative state of mind by even the most inconsequential shit, like losing a piece of a miniature I am building and not being able to find it or being unable to draw something the way I envision it to be.

Right now, I am in a more positive state of mind, possibly due to watching picture related recently, and it is refreshing to me, as I have been down for a while now. I am however, already dreading the inevitable return to my depressed state of mind.

Is there anything one can do to consciously maintain this sort of positive state of mind, because I sure as hell prefer it over my negative, potentially self destructive, self.
>>
I'd say find a passion.

Keep busy doing an activity that you enjoy. Get better at it. Have fun with it. Get frustrated by it.
>>
>>17554949
I have hobbies like drawing, and assembling, painting, collecting and playing with tabletop miniatures. It is just that neither of those hobbies really drive me as much as they used to.

They don't fill the emptiness inside of me, they just distract me from it, just like playing vidya, watching anime, and masturbating does.
>>
>>17554916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFjE5A4UAJI

Try reconnecting with someone from the past while flattering them

It worked for me

Yare Yare DAZEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17555029
I don't have anyone from my past whom which to reconnect with.
>>
File: snowhoodie.jpg (59KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
snowhoodie.jpg
59KB, 800x800px
>>17555036
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj_2y22KB44

That means you have a blank canvas on which to paint your ambition!

Go forth and color the world with your will!
>>
>>17555050
That sort of animu motivational bs does not work in real life m8.
>>
I could say that 98% of OP's words could very well be my own, if I could muster the willpower to write the words and actually create a thread here. I have the same problem, but I have become increasingly stoic in regards to my feelings. It's not something I consider to be good or bad, as it brings its advantages and disadvantages, but it did make me more neutral, which means fewer highs but even fewer lows. Spoiler for you though, not feeling shit won't make you do shit. It's good not to feel shit due to an improved mindset and more logical thought processes though. Let that happen eventually, for now just watch JoJo.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.