[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toxic parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1462911614153.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1462911614153.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
Life with my parents had never been fun. I understand that families have their moments, but mine takes the cake.

They were drug addicts most of my childhood into my late teens, and after that they went from heroin to uppers.

They even got hepatitis from IV drug use, but that didn't stop them. They stole all of my personal possessions and sold them to get more drugs. I've been through more gameboys, home consoles, and other electronics than a store. In my father's words, they would buy me stuff for my birthday and christmas that they knew would get them enough money for drugs when they were desperate.

The only thing they stole and sold that they showed any remorse for was my sister's violin.

I'm autistic, so they have always used that to their advantage. Telling people that they speak on my behalf. Collecting payments from the government for caring for me. Even throughout the past 6 years I have lived alone, and struggled with life on my own.

A year ago, they were selling their car. My job was paying me well at the time, so i asked to buy it.

In january through to april, i was forced to take unpaid weeks off from work, so I got into credit card debt. I told my parents I would pay the $900 owing when I could, which they were fine with.

Until now.

They are demanding payments, even if that means I have to ask charities for food. They say they can't afford food. But they smoke weed, and being computer illeterate they have got me to order groceries online with their bank card, delivered to their house.

They have given my sister 3 cars, because she has children. They have made me feel terrible regarding this car sold to me. They know how to manipulate me, they know my autism inside out.

I want nothing more to do with them once this car is paid for. They are so vindictive that they keep changing their will to reward whichever of their children are getting along with them. I tried explaining my situation about finances but mum kept gaslighting me.

What do i do?
>>
>>17554617
maybe you can try selling ur car to pay off credit card debt. just try to block them out until u have enough money to move out and block their phone calls and etc/
>>
I'm sorry op. Find any charity or things you can cut back on to save money. Every little thing counts.

Get it out of the way as soon as possible and then cut contact.

You'll be free with no strings attached.
>>
>>17554841
I live alone.

I've thought about selling the car. I don't need it. My partner has one, and when we move in together i can save up and buy a truck.

I've blocked them out, but they are getting more aggressive. Phoning from private numbers. Phoning as soon as i finish work. Phoning all weekend until i answer.

When i phoned back yesterday I was met with abuse over paying for the car, sprinkled with emotional blackmail.

"We can't even come visit you"
>Yes you can
"But you never answer the phone"
>you know my address
"We know you don't need us anymore"

I want them out of my life when this is over with, but I feel like ass for removing my parents from my life.

>>17554902
That's the plan anon, as it is, I live on schnitzel on bread. Costs me $30 a fortnight. I'm trying to cut back on expenses. The scary part is once this is all done with, they'll start acting like sweet old parents again, and try to headfuck me into keeping in contact.
>>
>>17554908
Do you know anyone outside of your family that you can talk to?

Even a distant relative.
>>
>>17554929
Only my boyfriend. I haven't known my relatives since i was a kid.

He has been very supportive.
>>
Cut them off anon. This is how it will be on for the rest of your life, the cycle will continue from sweet parents to desperate junkies. Move on, and start a family with your partner.

Source: my two brothers are drug addicts, wish it were easy to cut them out of my life as it is in your situation
>>
>>17554935
Thanks anon.

Sorry about your brothers. I know how it can be. It's tough and unfair.
>>
>>17554933
explain to him that you want to break away from this when it's all done. Every time they try to suck you back in, talk to him about it before you say anything back.

It'll help you see through the bullshit.
>>
>>17554956
Will do.

Thanks for your advice. You and everyone who replied. Makes me feel a little more sane.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.