[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be successful in life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: success 1.jpg (18KB, 370x230px) Image search: [Google]
success 1.jpg
18KB, 370x230px
I will try to make this as short as possible.

So i'm currently 19 years old and want to become successful in life.
Success for me is earning lots of money and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.

My main question is, how do i get to this point?

Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded? Right now i want to begin playing Starcraft II and i will obviously not get pro in that game. Should i start playing it because it might be fun or should i just don't bother wasting 100's or 1000's of hours. Right now all i do in my spare time is sitting home browsing 4chan, reddit, watching latest Youtube videos of my subs, skyping and playing Rainbow Six Siege with my friend. I feel like i should do something else with my time, like living my life or something? Remember i'm 19 years, aren't the 20's the time where everyone is "Living their lives"?

I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
If you are wondering the reason to learn the language this is the following: Kpop, Kdramas, interesting culture, Korean E-sports are great. Might want to move to Korea in the future? I guess i should start learning the language instead of doing what the paragraph above is about.

Last question: On the part about earning lots of money, i currently saved up 19K USD. What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more? I have no idea how investing works.

Please help me, any answer is appreciated.
>>
>>17554563

if you want to be financially successful then you should stop consuming so much media, and start honing skills and creating things of value

that said, financial success isn't going to make you happy. external sources of happiness are fragile and easily lost. internal happiness is physiological and philosophical. exercise, improve your diet, and learn how to be present and feel fulfilled.
>>
>>17554594
>start honing skills and creating things of value

What are some good skills i can learn at home? I'm planning on learning advanced Excel.

>exercise, improve your diet
Actually started hitting the gym a couple of months ago, with a serious diet (not counting carbs yet).

Also i'm basically socially retarded so i need to work on that...
>>
>>17554971
>asks 4chan how to be successful
>thinks people here are actually qualified to reply
>>
File: 1353293792988.jpg (45KB, 452x475px) Image search: [Google]
1353293792988.jpg
45KB, 452x475px
>>17554563
>Success for me is earning lots of money and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.
Don't know how to tackle this one entirely, since "happy" tends to be subjective and romance is a crazy thing these days, particularly when happy marriage has been devalued by cultural forces. As for earning a lot of money though, that depends how soon you want to earn it and what your interests are.

>Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded?
No, but you should learn how to moderate your play time. Dumping hundreds or thousands of hours into the stuff sure isn't productive. You could be doing other things.

>I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
I don't know for sure, but it being an East Asian language, I would imagine hard. Most likely you would need to take an intensive college course (ie, class and homework every day, plus a year abroad in Korea). Though wanting to learn a language just for the entertainment value of the culture tends to be a poor reason, unless you are REALLY dedicated.

>What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more?
Make an account with Vanguard, buy into an index fund. While that's growing, study up on finance, stocks, and bonds.
>>
if there was an established way to be successful there would be no poverty, you fucking normies, you all say "all i want is a house, money, partner, success.. etc" everyone wants that, how to get there? life will throw you opportunities, you can catch them or get scared and dodge them... your call OP
>>
>>17555447
>if there was an established way to be successful

There is - it's called hard work. The other people just kept making poor decisions again and again and again and again and again all throughout their lives.
>>
you've saved up more money than I had at that age so can't really advise much there.

high paying jobs are mostly in IT or through sales, basically if you can talk the talk you'll probably bullshit your way into a good job, thats what most people do.

you think that's what will make you happy at this point in your life, at 19, but when you're 30, in a long term job, wife and all the stuff that comes with it, you'll have another list of problems I guarentee it so just be happy in the moment and dont do drugs, youll be OK
>>
>>17554594
> learn how to be present
This is the most important. Live in the present OP. if you get too used to work towards a future, you may get to a point where that future only ever seems far away. After all, the future never comes, you're always ALWAYS only in the present.
Don't depend on external and volatile things like money to feel successful.
Godspeed OP
>>
I'm not seeing anything about religion OP. Honestly religion is one of the most important things that matters in life. No matter what success you have , if you believe you are falling short of the expectations required to get into heaven any success you have will not fill that void and make you happy. If you don't believe in any afterlife, any success you have will not matter to you because you believe you'll cease to exist and forget everything you ever did forever.
>>
>>17555030
Solid advice anon, thanks alot.
>>
bump again
>>
File: 1365993129823.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1365993129823.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>>17556833
You could help by expanding on your circumstances and views.

Are you going to college? Do you have any academic or career interests? What constitutes "success" for you? What do you seek in a woman to marry? Is there a place for faith in your life, as >>17555669 points out?

It's hard to advise without context.
>>
>>17557088
I'm living in Norway and i'm currently following a lap that means that i work for 2 years in selected field so i will get an "certificate of apprenticeship" in "office and administration".

After that i'm not sure if i should start working normally or study further.

Success for me is basically the things i stated above, earning lots of money - do not have to worry about bills, and can buy nice things without overthinking like crazy. Also having a woman that is really nice, respectful, smart and caring. I want her to be Korean.

When it comes to religion i'm an Christian, but i do not have an strong opinion on these things yet sadly.
I'm not sure if i answered the last question correct because my English is not top level.
>>
>>17557367
Your English is mostly fine, you just have to work on the articles (an, a, the, and so forth). Don't worry; it's a common issue.

My advice: pursue a tertiary/college/university degree, US or UK if possible, but Norway's is fine if need be. Develop a general idea of what you want to do in life (no need to specialize in something really specific unless you're absolutely sure and are dead set on it).

Make you get internships or a job to work at over the summer. Start padding that resume, because having nothing puts you at a disadvantage (to what degree is debatable) in the current market.

Since you seem intent on it, consider taking Korean lessons as a class and look into the possibility of studying a year abroad there. If you perfect your English, you could go teach there as well. The people over at /trv/ have more to say on that than I do: >>>/trv/1146838

Whatever you choose to do as a career, decide whether you want money now or later. Either way, money will come. It's just a matter if you want to work hard or really really hard. I advise patience and even enjoying life while you're young.

And do try to dedicate more attention to religion. It's nice to have a basis of faith/morals upon which to build yourself from.
>>
>>17557484
>And do try to dedicate more attention to religion. It's nice to have a basis of faith/morals upon which to build yourself from.
Where do i start? I want to become a better person and i think religion can help me with morals and such.
>>
>>17557622
I can't say for sure, since you're most likely Protestant given Norway's demographics. I was raised in a different tradition.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.