[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girl asks for a 'rain check' before the first date

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

got the number of a girl - coworker, works a few of the same shifts that I do. mostly I've just made small talk, with a bit of 'cocky + funny' thrown in (just to see how it works out). turns out we have a lot more in common than I first thought, and she expressed interest in meeting up.

I got her number last Sunday, and texted her this Thursday just gone. I got a reply, an hour later (slow is not always a good sign in the evening), saying that she was sorry but she has a lot of family stuff going on at the moment. she didn't give me a definitive time on when it would all calm down, which leads me to think it may be her flaking already. She asked for a 'rain check' (first chick that's done this in a while).

I replied saying that she should enjoy whatever she has planned with her family, and I will try to get in touch some other time (not committing to contacting her was the right play, I believe).

So I'm at a loss, is it worth keeping this girl on my dating list? It seems strange she would flake within one text, and from this I naturally overthink it and wonder if this is a sign of low interest overall.

tl:dr worth meeting up with a chick who asks for 'rain checks' after the first date?
>>
File: bioshock-infinite-vox-populi.jpg (74KB, 878x494px) Image search: [Google]
bioshock-infinite-vox-populi.jpg
74KB, 878x494px
>>17554401

there is no such thing as a no sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the chick a date or she sells you a reason she can't. Either way a sale is made, the only question is who is gonna close? You or her? Now be relentless, that's it, I'm done.
>>
She's stringing you along. She might have some other guy she's seeing. In any case don't commit and find some other chick
>>
Jesus Christ, if you go through life thinking that every little thing like this is a girl trying to get you and you see it as a game that you have to try to win, you're going to end up old and lonely.
>>
>>17554415
that's the thing, here I'm considering a resale, 1 week later. I'm trying to discern whether it would be worth it, or should I simply be 'relentless' and close the door
>>
>>17554416
may well be possible, but having 'family' as the reason did make me think twice - she has shown me what she's been up to after all
>>17554418
I don't like to see it as overthinking the situation, but it is very much a game when you're attempting to put social interaction into words. there's few other ways that describe the majority of these situations perfectly, other than 'game'
>>
>>17554429
>I don't like to see it as overthinking the situation, but it is very much a game when you're attempting to put social interaction into words. there's few other ways that describe the majority of these situations perfectly, other than 'game'
Okay, whatever, it's your life. I just hope you know that not every instance of things not working out or plans changing is the world trying to get you. All I can do is tell you to be less cynical, but I can't make you change.
>>
>>17554435
believe me, the extreme minority of these situations require any degree of cynicism. I thought this one was a bit of a special case compared to how the rest progress - hardly seeing it as the world being 'out to get me' in any way - things happen, but you can plan for all outcomes
>>
>>17554401
>she expressed interest in meeting up.
Did she explicitly say that she would spend time with you outside of work?

>>saying that she was sorry but she has a lot of family stuff going on at the moment. she didn't give me a definitive time on when it would all calm down
Having a lot of family stuff going on means family stuff, not events and outings, it is hard to put a time on them too.

>which leads me to think it may be her flaking already. She asked for a 'rain check' (first chick that's done this in a while).
The first girl who has parred you off? or the first girl you got that far with? you don't sound experienced.

>I replied saying that she should enjoy whatever she has planned with her family
"Enjoy your family squabbles"

>So I'm at a loss, is it worth keeping this girl on my dating list?
She didn't make the dating list, you never went on a date

>It seems strange she would flake within one text
It seems like she feels bad about you getting the wrong idea and is letting you down gently, especially with the external factors

>and from this I naturally overthink it and wonder if this is a sign of low interest overall.
You have idle chit chat at work.
You got as far as one text before she let you down.
There isn't anything to over think, the evidence points towards "she isn't interested and is letting you down", unless you have some new information that changes our perceptions.
>>
>>17554524
>Did she explicitly say that she would spend time with you outside of work?
yup, she definitely said she would be interested meeting for coffee or such outside of work, and agreed it was a shame we haven't gotten the chance to talk properly

>Having a lot of family stuff going on means family stuff, not events and outings, it is hard to put a time on them too.
she didn't give me a definitive time on when it would all calm down, meaning I think it may be a genuine reason and not some excuse to simply 'let me down'

>The first girl who has parred you off? or the first girl you got that far with? you don't sound experienced.
I meant that it's the first time I've heard that specific term in years. hardly enough to conclude whether someone is experienced or not.

>She didn't make the dating list, you never went on a date
meant to amend this by supplementing it with 'potential'

>There isn't anything to over think, the evidence points towards "she isn't interested and is letting you down", unless you have some new information that changes our perceptions.
I can't offer any additional, perception altering information, I've not even allowed anything to develop yet.
>>
You really got nothing to lose by following up and trying again and rather than call her when you follow up, follow up while you're talking together at work.

Her body language might tell you if she's bullshitting or not if she says yes again. But I've never had a girl who flaked or whatever on the first date then said yes when I followed up later on. So if she says yes when you follow up then my experiences tell me that she will commit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.