[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't get a single bid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 21.gif (1MB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
21.gif
1MB, 270x270px
I rushed 4 fraternities, didn't get a bid from any of them

Is my social life over at this point? Will I even be able to party anymore? Will people who might have been willing to be friends with me not want to if they are in one of the fraternities that rejected me?

What do I do now?
>>
>>17554288
Fraternities are a joke bro, you're better off joining clubs/groups in your major and making real friends instead of buying into them.
>>
>amerifats actually have fraternities

LMAO
>>
/adv/ is too damn slow lately
>>
Fraternities are a joke. They exist to let you get away with being a child when you should be learning to be a man.
>>
>>17554288
so you think everyone not in a frat has no social life or a wicked fun time in college? "Willing" to be friends with you? You'll have to "slum it" with the rest of your campus rejects, huh?

Jesus, I know you're young, but that's so retarded it hurts me. It's kind of pathetic how you really think those idiots have stronger bonds and a better time just because they drill it into your head that they do. Some of them suck, some of them don't, you being so desperate to be included makes my asshole pucker, and not in a good way. You've got some growing up to do- mainly realizing that frat guys are no better or worse than everyone else.
>>
"so you think everyone not in a frat has no social life or a wicked fun time in college? "Willing" to be friends with you? You'll have to "slum it" with the rest of your campus rejects, huh?"
"have stronger bonds and a better time"

You basically summed up what I'm worried about
I felt like joining a fraternity would put my social life on steroids overnight, now I have to do everything the hard way

I don't know why I didn't get in, I gave it my all I did everything I could think of
I don't know what else I could have done

Strangest part is I think some of the guys actually wanted me in, some of them seemed kinda sad about me not getting bid, even the VP one one of them

I think they have some rule where like all it takes is 3 guys saying no and you are automatically out no matter how many other peopl,e and no matter what rank they are, want you in
>>
>>17554619
Listen- it's their job to make you feel like you're missing out on the best thing ever and life isn't worth living without being in a fraternity. How else would they get people willing to let someone buttfuck them with a horsedick and drink the presidents urine and pay thousands of dollars?

People are super into it- fine. But to be honest, I can't help but think less of some people in frats and sororities. I don't know quite how to articulate it, but it seems desperate and synthetic. I'm sure it's great for some people, but it is NOT the end-all be-all of human existence.

Sorry you got rejected, OP. That never feels good, even if, logically, no one wants to be in a group where they're not wanted.
>>
>>17554666
My biggest fear is not being able to get into parties now
>>
>>17554288
As a frat member OP, let me just say: don't let it worry you too much. I assure you, it isn't the end of the world.

And don't worry about the parties bit. Just stay friends with some of the brothers and you should be able to squeeze out an invite when the time comes. Besides, half of all frat parties are overrated anyways. I would know; I've helped organize them before.
>>
File: born to feel.jpg (55KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
born to feel.jpg
55KB, 746x982px
>>17555212
Tonight I rolled into a random party, some guy was like "Yo Anon" and invited me in, I get inside and it turns out its one of the frats that rejected me, it was the one I liked the most and that a lot of the brothers seemed to want me to get a bid

Guys inside were greeting me and asking why I wasn't at the last two events (because people had made their minds up)

I hung around for a good while until one of the guys asked to speak with me outside, I knew what it was

We get out there and 3 of the brothers, all of who are cool with me and like me, tell me whats what

They are super down about it, its totally clear they don't wanna do it and they have no choice
I tell them they are the coolest fraternity I've rushed, and I meant it, I say I respect them and the fraternity and I just hope that we can still be cool and sometimes I can come out to their throwdowns

They tell me if a brother invites me, one of them told me earlier he would (before this thing happened) and he seems kind of hesitant to commit to it but says I have his number

They say they cant believe how cool I am being about this, and one of them says that the guys here are too douchey for me

We dap, pats on the back, and I roll out

I even mentioned that I figured it was the whole "all it takes is 3 guys to say no and its over no matter how many say yes" thing and they just nodded

If it weren't for just a few guys I'd be a brother there
>>
>>17555873
>>17555212
They were so nice to me, that they even told people to go away either inside or leave the area when they came around, they didn't want other people to know what was going on

They were so bro-tier

It hurts that I can't be one of them
>>
>>17554288

>fraternities

lol fag. Fraternities are for faggots so socially inept they can't meet friends or women without group assistance. Also "connections" kek. Maybe I am biased because my parents are rich and I have no issues meeting people on my own so I never needed a boost from a bunch of fags to be successful academically, or socially but good god OP you are pathetic.
>>
>>17555885
>>17555873
So what does this mean
>>
>>17554288

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qty7IP8wlXM
>>
>>17555885
>>17555873
They probably didn't accept you because you were too busy sucking their dick.
>>
>>17555873
what the fuck does that even mean lmao

stop being a fucking faggot and maybe you would use your time for something better
>>
>>17555873
It's all about politics. Shitty college politics.
Don't feel down, you're in a better position right now - you've got friends inside that can invite you, and don't have to abide to the bullshit that every fraternity has.
You're a free agent. Get into the parties, get into other frats'parties, get contacts everywhere.
>>
>>17555885

After you left they called you a fag behind your back
>>
Op is a faggot
>>
>>17557247
>>17556718
>>17556312
Oh yeah cause the proper response in that situation is to burn all bridges with them by yelling at them, calling them faggots, throwing my beer on them, punching one of them in the face and running away
>>
>>17557247
I was thinking this as well, but didn't want to say it.

This have been the case, at least if OP acts as, for want of a better word, desperate as he does in this thread.

One of the most notable qualities I see from frat guys is the ability to not give too many fucks. If you take things too seriously, it's viewed unfavorably.
>>
>>17557291
I acted somber about it, I didn't argue over it with them and didn't act all boohoo but they could tell it wasn't just "oooh lol its cool xd"

I asked if I could still come to throwdowns and shit because I've heard from other people that they are for members only plus girls

Plus after being rejected from every fraternity my ability to put off any kind of "cool factor" was gone
>>
>>17556737
why do you think I didn't get a bid
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.