[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried to be assertive and alpha senpai I really liked this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

I tried to be assertive and alpha senpai

I really liked this girl too. She hasnt responded, and the message i sent on Facebook is marked as read.

Do i order the helium?
>>
>hooked up with some sweet prizes
>because I know some people
Well you tried.
>>
Nobody wants to be assertively told they are going to chuck E cheese.
>>
>>17553979
She's into memes and shit, and i asked if she wants to see my Pokemon card collection and shit and she said yeah

She has ironic humour or whatever
>>
>>17553975
Give it some time. If tomorrow night comes and she hasn't said anything give up.
>>
>>17553990
I said that last night.

Unless you mean tomorrow night as in actually tomorrow
>>
>>17553992
Oh yeah didn't check the date.
You came off a bit too strong. She probably saw that you were trying to be alpha and it came off goofy.
Is this a tinder girl or someone you know?
>>
>>17554000
Met her on plenty of fish

Talked for a few days and stuff and she seemed pretty interested
>>
If you haven't met in real life, then she just lost interest, plain and simple. There is probably nothing you could have done differently. Move on.
>>
>>17554002
Yeah if she's an online meet you just spaghetti'd and that's okay, time to move on.
>>
>>17553975
Dude, so long as you weren't full sperg before this that was a cool af way to ask a girl out, given that she enjoys arcades and such. Actually, maybe coffee would have been better for a first date, but in general most activities can be fun so long as you're able to laugh about it.
>>
>>17553975
>I tried to be assertive and alpha senpai

When you're not, and you try to be, it shows. It's way more embarrassing than just being a beta pushover. Like- you lose whatever good qualities being beta has, and you can't get any of the advantages of being alpha because... you're not.

~IT'S THE WOOOORRRRST OF BOTH WORLDSS
>>
>>17554048
Wish she thought that way
>>
>>17553982
kek
>>
this only works if your hot. If not, the girl will be slightly amused at best.
>>
idk coming from a female who does like dominant men, even I find it really cringy when dudes do that thing of "Never ask for her permission to go on a date with her, tell her you are going on a date with her and that's just how its gonna be like it or not".
It's overkill imo.
Frankly if you get ghosted that's why and you can't bitch. Just because you don't phrase it in a way that gives her the opportunity to say no doesn't mean she's not gonna say no one way or another.
but also this >>17554091
We know when a dude's being a try hard, and it's basically as bad as being super beta. Because we get the added insult of you thinking you're fooling us or anything.
>>
>>17553984
>She's into memes
What. How can you be into memes.

Don't even get me started on this whole harambe bs and that fucking dat boii frog.
>>
Just move on if she doesn't respond, I think you were too much "assertive" maybe the correct way would be:

"Tomorrow night I'll go get some food and blabla If you wanna come it will be cool"

what do you think?
>>
>>17554437
This is a much better way of being "assertive"
Because you're still making it sound like her choice and you're not just barking orders at her, but you also aren't begging for her to come with you or anything.
>>
I don't think the message was that bad, no doubt some girls would've found it charming. You just don't know how someone is going to react. People telling you what to do/bossing you around tends to be one of those things that people either barely register or are absolutely allergic to.
>>
sometimes when I drop my spagetti-o's like that, I just reply with a "Lol sorry. I understand. Take care". Sometimes it clears the spaghetti up and she re-engages. THEN you hit them with the

>AYO GURL LEMME HOOK YOU Up WIT DEM PRizES AT CHUCKY CHEESE. YOU LIKE SQUIRT GUNS? FRISBEES? YOYOS? ANYTHING YOU WANT I GOTCHU
>>
>>17553975
>You're pretty cheeky, huh?
Who the fuck starts with this?

>Tell you chat, I'll throw this out on the table.
Who the fuck talks like this?

>Tomorrow night we will go get food
You sound a bit demanding
>then I'll take you to an arcade
Ooooh the arcade? OP you have women figured out
>where I can get us hooked up with some sweet prizes
So you won't win anything?
>because I know some people.
Why don't you just say "my friends are losers who work in an arcade and will help me try and impress you?

>>17553984
>She's into memes
When women say that, they tend to mean "I liked a meme on facebook because it was relevant to my hobby/interest/group"
>i asked if she wants to see my Pokemon card collection and shit and she said yeah
>She has ironic humour or whatever
You mean she was being sarcastic.

If she saw the message, but didn't reply, cut your losses and try not to sound like an autistic guy who watched too many PUA videos next time.
>>
>>17554497
You seem like a very angry person anon
>>
>>17554525
>try not to sound like an autistic guy who watched too many PUA videos next time.
Also very accurate

Hahaaa I lost my shit at this
>>
>>17554525
>be the OP
>receive point by point explanation of what went horribly wrong so OP doesn't sound so autistic in the future
>decide that the replier is an angry person rather than accept advice on an advice board.
>>
>>17554533

b-b-but mystery method
>>
>>17553975
Who here has screencaps of that pickup guide thread on /b/?
>>
I honestly thought this was a joke and was early in the conversation.
>>
>>17553975
What was wrong with

>Tell you what, how about we get a cup of coffee together on [day]?
>>
>>17553975
That is what you get for not being yourself and beeing a wannabe chad.
>>
>>17554525
Why would he be angry? You're the one who got rejected
>>
>>17554426
>being a try hard
>thinking you're fooling us
Maybe he just likes you and is nervous. Why is that bad?
>>
>>17554561
I can get us hooked up with some extra pumps of caramel because I know the shift manager. Pssh. No big deal tho.
>>
File: 1462235875686.gif (879KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1462235875686.gif
879KB, 245x200px
>>17553975
You did fine, but charm doesn't necessarily translate through text well... we live in a time with very few Oscar Wildes in the world. It's better to just "talk normal" and ask plainly or BETTER YET, get to the point where you guys are talking on the phone and do it that way. There are still a lot of young women who enjoy chatting on the phone, despite how the norms have shifted. Perhaps you won't find this type of girl on okcupid, but who knows.

Two things: 1) don't be embarrassed, both of you will probably forget about each other in a year's time; 2) in "the talking phase" of dating, the main thing is that you avoid spilling your spaghetti because nothing really matters until you get to know and like each other.

Cut your losses, do not text her again. If she responds, let it marinate for a day or so and then carry on the chit-chat and ask again in a week or two.

The important thing is to learn from every occurrence like this. You have to keep a good sense of humor and learn to laugh at yourself a little bit. You aren't gonna get it perfect right off the bat, nor should anything feel strained about your dating life. The more stressed and desperate you are, the worse girls you'll date, if any.
>>
>>17553975
Okay so here's what you do

>Archive the conversation, never send another message to her
>Stop thinking about her, think about some hot celeb instead
>Have a wank to get it out of your system
>Wait for your next chance, don't try so hard to try and impress girls next time. As soon as you make it look like you're trying to prove something, most girls lose interest. Wait for them to ask you to prove it.
>>
>>17554572

Because the girl probably has a list of guys that like her. Why waste time with a guy so uncomfortable with himself and most importantly -- not genuine? Even if you're beta, you gotta be genuine about it. Like one female commented here

> you lose whatever good qualities being beta has, and you can't get any of the advantages of being alpha because... you're not.
>>
>>17554091
How to into alpha then?
>>
>>17554591
Don't. You are who you are, that's kinda your lot in life. You can certainly work on yourself and try to minimize negative traits, but you're not going to do a complete 180.

And even if you WERE able to pull it off- would you really want a chick that's into your 'persona' and not the real you? I mean, for getting laid, sure, who cares. I mean for actually serious dating though, it all seems so ludicrous.
>>
>>17554589
>be genuinely beta

This is bad advice.
>>
>>17554607
Holy fucking shit, shut up.

>>17554591
Being alpha is about mindset + working towards your goals. Cultivate your mind, work, make your own money, start and finish projects, be agreeable without being a bootlicker or a pushover. Be proud of who you are because you work hard.

Being beta is feeling entitlement, unfounded pride, a looming sense of guilt or shame that holds you back from expressing yourself, that sort of thing.

Don't listen to people who say that being alpha is dumb or the only "alpha" people are Chads and fucking PUAs.
>>
>>17554622
what's your fuckin problem? He asked a question, I answered.

Few people use "alpha" and "beta" with the definitions you provided in mind. So essentially, I'm not even disagreeing with what you're saying. Either way, you don't need to have a fuckin chip on your shoulder, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>17554659
>Few people use "alpha" and "beta" with the definitions you provided in mind.

Actually I think that most people who unironically believe in the alpha/beta distinction would describe being alpha using at least one of the terms I did.

In its simplest form, alpha=strong / beta=weak. You basically told OP to be a weak man. This is an advice board, excuse me for being blunt about bad advice.

>it's embarrassing

I'm not embarrassed.
>>
>>17554697
Maybe that's what you "basically" saw, but that's not what I said. I told OP it's better to be a weak man and own it, than to be a weak man pretended to be strong- because it's obvious, and that's not attractive to most chicks, and makes him look even weaker.

It seemed to me that OP was asking how to be someone he's not, instead of trying to improve who he already is. Whether or not you perceived my advice as 'bad', you were needlessly being a twat.

And maybe you see posts from smarter people than I do, but I always see quintessential stupid Chad = Alpha, Nice guy = beta.
>>
OP Here

So I shouldn't try to recover from this?

I really like her, I'm just fucking stupid.
>>
>>17554773
haha well, you seem like a nice guy OP. Everyone fucks up.

It's hard to say if this is salvageable at all without knowing her personality though.
>>
>>17554607
>You are who you are, that's kinda your lot in life. You can certainly work on yourself and try to minimize negative traits, but you're not going to do a complete 180.

Look up zyzz. He did the biggest fucking 180 anyone's ever done.

From the deepest depths of beta to the man alphas aspire to be
>>
>>17554002
Pro tip. Never use online dating. It's for fucking losers. All the men are try hards and all the women are either dumb or have a nice pill collection prescribed to them.
>>
>>17554607
What the fuck, it isn't anybody's fucking 'lot' in life to be weak!
It's one thing not to try hard to be 'alpha' (those terms are fucking stupid anyway) and just be oneself while making improvements, and the other to think of yourself as 'beta' lol.
>>
>>17554802
>>17554824
not telling dude to be weak.

>It seemed to me that OP was asking how to be someone he's not, instead of trying to improve who he already is.
>>
>>17554820
THIS THIS THIS
H
I
S

T
H
I
S

T
H
I
S

at least OKC, holy fuck, never seen such a tumblrfest in my life
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 250x227px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 250x227px
>>17553982
Holy shit /adv/ bringing the bantz
>>
The patched-together lingo you're using is so cringey that it should be held against you by anyone playing close attention...Aside from that, there's nothing wrong with asking her to dinner and an arcade.
>>
Op here

Tried back peddling and messaging her again, to no response

Rip in fucking piss
>>
>>17554820
Where else do I find qt emo shut in British girl senpai
>>
>>17556422
Real life.
>>
>>17554731
Don't argue with robots man. You'll just go in circles.

>>17553975
You order the helium unless you can get some ass burger bux
>>
>>17557032
But where...
>>
>>17553975
dude, just be yourself

i thought it was a meme, but it's not. you will never get anywhere trying to be something that you're not. Your language is cringey as all hell and I wouldn't say anything like that to my closest friends.

Was it so hard to just say- "Hey, let's get drunk, go to the arcade, and eat shitty pizza"?
>>
>>17557542
I did be myself...
>>
>>17554589
>Because the girl probably has a list of guys that like her
gross. nevermind then
>>
>>17554773
have you tried apologizing for being weird? why do you feel that you need to lie to her?
>>
>>17554802
>He did the biggest fucking 180 anyone's ever done.
Yeah, he went from slightly unhealthy regular guy, to fucking dead. That's the biggest 180 ever

>>17554820
literally every woman 14-35 in my county is involved with a man. at least online they pretend to be single
>>
>>17557546
>I did be myself...
o-oh...

anon I'm so sorry, it appears your cancer is terminal. shoulda eaten your wheaties instead of chuck e cheese pizza
>>
>>17557550
I did she didn't respond...

Here
>>
>>17554497
This
you talk like a redneck that would beat his wife OP I'm sorry
>>
>>17557565
nooooooooo, now you just ruined it.
the only thing this is lacking now is a sad poorly bad poem written by OP

jesus fuck I can't stop laughing
>>
>>17557588
>Be yourself
>Nvm
>>
>>17557589
yeah yeah don't be bitter this is funny
is just that autists usually interpret the be yourself thing with something like "write your feelings in a smartphone message with 1k words the paragraph to someone who barely knows you" for some reason. and then cry because you were yourself muh feelings and It didn't work

just change the bi urself for be natural. don't be a fucking weirdo at the beginning, you can be a weirdo after the first moments have passed.

do you get how it works now? or are you just really stupid desu?
>>
>>17557565
You didn't have to apologize for shit. She's the one being a bitch and ignoring you. Just forget about her, OP. If she's going to ignore you when you're being your weird self, she's not for you.
>>
>>17557601
We talked for a bit so I wasn't being a weirdo AT FIRST
>>
>>17557629
ok now I'm sure you are a fucking idiot. but don't worry anon! experience experience, just like on RPGs.
this advice comes from a girly grill btw.
hope you don't get mad but stupid is curable.
>>
>>17557565
Holy shit OP you just made me cringe so hard my eyeballs popped out and my nose is bleeding
>>
>>17554773
Just tell her you're sorry for trying to force her and if she would just respond you'll feel a lot better

be sure to say please
>>
>>17557639
She was really weird herself tbqh

I can be normie tier but I felt like her personality justified it.
>>
File: Man looking flabbergasted.jpg (19KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Man looking flabbergasted.jpg
19KB, 852x480px
>>17557565
Ouch man I've never felt physical pain from cringing so hard
>>
>>17553975
she didnt talk to you back because that sounds really lame. that all shit guys like, consider what girls like. i mean, eventually she could like the same, but not on a first date bro.
>>
>>17557565
You just ruined ANY chance you had

>apologize for asking her out
>tell her you still wanna go out
>apologize for not being able to talk to people
>apologize for being mean (by 'asking' her to hang out?)
>give her permission to not talk to you if she doesn't want to

God damn OP
>>
>>17557649
Fooled me.
>>
>>17557666
SHIT
>Atreyu
>Hawthorn Heights
>Killswitch Engage
>In Flames (assuming it's anything new)
>Children of Bodom
>Puddle of Mudd
>Godsmack
>BMTH

Good
>Amon Amarth
>Behemoth
>Cattle Decapitation
>Lamb of God
>Vader
>Deicide

God damn, how conflicting

In any case, she sounds like a retard
>>
>>17557666
Looks like you dodged a bullet desu family
>>
>>17557675
well, just a match for our OP.
we are so proud of you anon
>>
>>17557675
Well apparently I'm retarded as well so it works out

Or doesn't.
>>
>>17557679
But qt British emo grill
>>
>>17557681
Too bad she doesn't want me :(
>>
>>17557658
Sorry man I thought it sounded alright

It seems I was already fucker anyways
>>
>>17554525
Nah they're right mate
>>
>>17557849
Yeah I know
>>
>>17554591
testosterone
>>
>>17553975
Wow, you gave me me second-hand cringe, this is the worst game I've ever seen.
>>
>>17558085
Thanks.
>>
>>17557666
She sounds dreadful. Fitting trips.
>>
>>17558306
Maybe

Regardless, ive never had a gf no matter what I do, and as usual I fuck it up.

Fuck my life up senpai
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.