[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I met a girl that has 2 kids, 1 and 3 year old, and I plan on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: .jpg (8KB, 601x310px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
8KB, 601x310px
I met a girl that has 2 kids, 1 and 3 year old, and I plan on staying with this girl for a long time but I have no experience with kids. Any advice on how to be a potential stepdad?
>>
Dont do it
>>
Why date a single mother who has two kids when you could date single girl with no kids? If you have kids it will be your kids and not some other mans.

Just saying this because most men don't know they deserve better than this.
>>
If their father/s are present and involved don't presume they want or need you to try to fill that role. Focus on your relationship with their mother, anything else will come naturally or not at all.
>>
Speaking from my experience. They are all pretty damaged women and it's stressful as fuck. I couldn't even imagine 2 kids.

I'd run.
>>
>>17553861
I really hate this idea that raising "another man's" kids makes you some kind of beta, cuck, or looked down upon at all.

I'm extremely thankful for my stepdad who loved and treated me like his own daughter raising me. I actually didn't know he wasn't my real dad until something happened on my real dad's side and I had to be informed of the truth.

He did a better job than my real father ever could.

OP, if you're not interested in doing something similar for those kids then don't go for it. This woman is obviously going to have a harder time finding someone who can help her raise those children. You don't have to exactly be ready (I don't think most parents are, anyway), but you definitely have to be willing.
>>
Thanks for the advice.

For some forethought, there isn't any kind of bad blood between the parents and it's not like she's looking for a father for her kids or anything like that. She's extremely independent and it shows through her personality which helps out a lot.
>>
File: 1466088347341.jpg (43KB, 460x305px) Image search: [Google]
1466088347341.jpg
43KB, 460x305px
>>17553870
Something like this.

Unfortunately most folks on the internet think you would be a crazy cuck for even showing interest in a single mom. I will probably be called a cuck for saying this. (Funny how the word cuck is used wrong most of the time and has pretty much lost its actual meaning)

Just remember, to her the kids will come first (and rightfully so, you would do the same if you were a single dad unless you were a piece of shit) and if you cant deal with that then it wont work. And their will be a ton of stuff you wont be able to do because 90% of it needs to be kid friendly.
>>
>>17553956
That helps a lot. Thanks for not going the instacuck route.

Her and the father do have joint custody of the kids though, so they hang out with the dad 2 days out of the week or whenever he has off.
>>
File: 4386317.jpg (27KB, 430x285px) Image search: [Google]
4386317.jpg
27KB, 430x285px
>>17553969
Atleast its only one dad.

My wife was also a single mom. We knew eachother for a couple years before we dated. She and her at the time bf had a kid and he wasnt willing to grow up and deal with having a kid so he left. He wasnt in the kids life much at all for the first 3 years. My wife never expected me to play dad. Even to this day the kid rarely calls me dad (which is ok. Bio dad is now more in her life but still is a fuck up. I do however refur to her as my daughter when talking to people) and i dont complain.

We have a kid together now and i wouldnt change it. But as a dad i can say having kids can suck sometimes. I thank my parents for putting up with my shit.
>>
>>17553851
If the kids are that little, you will essentially be one of their parents. Try to be more of a "fun uncle" if you can, and never, never be jealous of their mother's time.
>>
>>17553851
A userwhore is a userwhore regardless of whether or not she has kids. Being a single mom doesn't automatically put her into that category. If she's using you as a mealticket, fuck her. If not, congrats- you've found a human unicorn, as most people in general are shit.

Ugh 1 and 3 sounds abysmal. I love kids, but I fucking hate babies. Kids are no fun until like 5. You won't have to deal with too much with the 'dynamic' of your relationship with them with ages they're at (worrying about 'connecting with them etc). They're kindof like whiney dogs. Just be chill, do NOT be a pushover, don't talk shit about their dad, and be a united front with the mom.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.