[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>girlfriend wants me to pretty much fully fulfill my gender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: qkklpmh.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
qkklpmh.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>girlfriend wants me to pretty much fully fulfill my gender roles/stereotypes
>I'm not very traditional, I'd say I'm a bit of a conservative so I fit the bill for most of them
>But some I just don't see as important (I don't keep my emotions in, I'm not aggressive and have a distaste for people who are confrontational, I'm somewhat sensitive, etc). and my girlfriend will get slightly annoyed/upset with me (and occasionally very upset with me) when I don't fulfill them
>but she constantly expresses a fear that I'll hold her to her gender roles and she'll just be 'another housewife stuck in the kitchen' - which I have no interest in doing
>but I do have an issue with being held to my gender roles while she's terrified of being held to hers

For example:

>My car breaks down
>I ask my buddy who's a mechanic to fix it, he's fine with it and we help each other out all the time
>She scolds me for it and tells me that a real man wouldn't rely on someone else to fix their problem
>>
>>17553333
>a real man
Tell her she cannot define your gender like that.
>>
You can confront her with her hypocrisy, but at the end of the day she wants to be with a different sort of man than you are and is trying to shame you into fitting some sort of mold.
I don't see a solution. You're not compatible.
>>
Remind her that a real man wouldn't be taking any of her lip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZaEP51rtmg
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68KB, 1920x1080px
>>17553333
I think you're too much of a limpwristed fag and should work on that.

But your gf is still being a cunt and you should tell her to lay off her bitching.

If she's gonna be take-all but no-gibs then you better set'er up straight and tell her this goes both ways, so if she cant stand being in the kitchen once in a while but wants you to be a stoic emotionless family man then you're gonna have problems.

Then again if you couldnt think of this yourself the I think I know why she's being bitchy towards you m8.
>>
>>17553333
She is just a lazy bitch finding an excuse to be lazy and have no fault
>>
>>17553346
>Remind her that a real man wouldn't be taking any of her lip
This.
Every time she says something like that, make some joke about how a real man would put her in her place, or how a real woman wouldn't talk back.

She's lazy as shit like a lot of modern women: she wants her modern role (ie no work) and your traditional role (ie all the work)
>>
So your girlfriend wants a man who holds himself to all of the stereotypical gender roles except one, and that specific one must never even be considered.

This is going to be a very hard thing for her to find. There is no shame in not measuring up to such an exacting standard.
>>
>>17553333
Just fucking leave her, she sounds whacko and selfish besides.

If you can't be Superman and change the bullshit way she sees things then you have no other choice and she's probably going to be the one to cut it off or cheat if you don't.
>>
>>17553333
Hahahah damn what a fucking retard. How do you have the patience to deal with this OP?
desu there's one thing that a real man do that you're not doing: a real man wouldn't stand for this bullshit
>>
Every time she tells you that you need to be a real man, tell her to suck your dick and make you a sandwich like a real woman.
>>
She's an insensitive bitch OP . You should relay that to her if you care about her or just leave. I can't fathom why someone would act like that toward their partner
>>
Leave the lazy cunt, t b q h f a m i l y .
She'll probably cheat and cuck you eventually. You can try becoming more alpha, but if that's not 'you', just leave her.
>>
>>17553333
I don't understand why the fuck she's riding you about having your friend fix your car...

BITCH, it does not effect youuuuuuuu. WHY tf do you care?? The fact she's also so preoccupied with making sure she's not barefoot and pregnant when you've given no indication you're that kind of person- is fucking weird. Seems like she has some shit she needs to work out and should fuck off.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.