[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I love fish and salmon and other red fish especially, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Fish.jpg (655KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
Fish.jpg
655KB, 1180x842px
So I love fish and salmon and other red fish especially, but I always have problems getting the skin of clean. If I cook a fish whole then there is no problem, but I prefer when only working with filets to remove the skin before starting. But I can't seem to only get the skin
of, and always cut of a part of the meat.

Are there like any tips to have to easier get it of? Like have it frozen/warm, wet/dry?
>>
Are you using a proper fillet knife?
>>
why would you want to remove the skin? it tastes better with it on, and its much healthier for you. just de-scale it. you dont have to eat the skin when its cooked, but cooking the meat with the skin still on will improve taste and nutrition.
>>
>>17552980
Probably not, I just use a really sharp kitchen knife

>>17552986
Dunno, never been a big fan of the taste of the skin, that's why I want to remove it. But what kind of nutrition is it?
>>
>>17552986
>it tastes better with it on
Taste is subjective. I personally dislike the skin.
>>
>>17552970
You should cook it with the skin on. Medium hot pan, skin side down first. Turn it, cook for half the time with the skinless side down.

Remove from pan, serve skin side down on plate. Flesh will easily separate from skin, just leave it if you don't like eating it. I like eating it.

For best flavour, grease pan with butter and when cooked garnish with lemon and black pepper or aoli.
>>
When I cook fish I usually cook it in the oven. Give it 5-10 minutes skin side up in the oven, take it out and you can just pull off the skin easily. Season and put it back in until cooked through.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.