[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a difficult time connecting with anyone romantically?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1453018786070.jpg (335KB, 484x527px) Image search: [Google]
1453018786070.jpg
335KB, 484x527px
I'm 20, in college, and while I've dated around, I've only seriously cared for two women in my life. One of them I've dated, the other one I didn't. Both of those women I practically fell in love with because they were so much like myself and we got along very well.

Attracting attractive women isn't my problem. My problem is connecting with any of them. I can get along with them. Like right now my friend's girlfriend set me up with one of her friends, and while she's a great girl and I find her attractive, I don't feel any connection with her.

Is there any way to find out why it is I have a hard time connecting? It seems like anyone that goes on a date can connect romantically, but I have such a hard time. I want to, but it always ends up with them having feelings for me, but me not returning the feelings for them. The sexual spark is there, but nothing that makes me think "I genuinely want to spend precious time with this person."

>Am I just fucked in the head that I can't feel anything romantically with anyone that I don't think is basically perfect?
>>
stop trying to force it and wait until you find a girl you like
>>
>>17552280
But isn't that how you find a girl you like? I asked a question like this a year ago, and someone told me "You have to sift through the duds before you find the one right for you."

I thought that after a bit of trial and error I would find someone that would at least give me butterflies in my stomach, but I haven't.
>>
Sounds like you haven't given trial and error much time. You won't find your soulmate in a few weeks. Probably not even months. Finding compatibility and the puzzle piece that fits to you takes time. Also stop thinking about connection and worrying about it so much. Focus on making friends and then perhaps one day you'll realize that this person is someone you truly care for and they are the one.
>>
>>17552277
>were so much like myself and we got along very well.
So who are you exactly? how did your chemistry spark?
>>
File: Curiosity.jpg (808KB, 1270x3244px) Image search: [Google]
Curiosity.jpg
808KB, 1270x3244px
>>17552277
Got the same problem, OP.
No idea what to do about it.
Only genuinely liked 1 girl so far, and nothing happened there for various reasons.
Guess it's just harder for some of us to find love than others.

>Am I just fucked in the head that I can't feel anything romantically with anyone that I don't think is basically perfect?
No, you ain't fucked up.
It's not that when we think someone's perfect, we love them.
It's that when we love someone, we think they're perfect.
>>
>>17552277

Can we please exchange places. I wish I wouldn't give two shits about the chicks I date, or even meet and want to date them.

I get attached too early and it is the most awful thing ever. Be happy you are like this, fuck I'm jealous
>>
>>17552277
>Attracting attractive women isn't my problem. My problem is connecting with any of them. I can get along with them. Like right now my friend's girlfriend set me up with one of her friends, and while she's a great girl and I find her attractive, I don't feel any connection with her.
i think you should be able to know how to talk generally with most/all women out there. but wanting to, and executing those things is a whole 'nother story completely. and i do understand where you are coming from. you shouldn't necessarily connect with all women, but knowing that you can talk to them about normal things is a key life skill. i'm not assuming you can't talk with them, it's just you choose not to because if lack of interest. i do get it.

>Is there any way to find out why it is I have a hard time connecting? It seems like anyone that goes on a date can connect romantically, but I have such a hard time. I want to, but it always ends up with them having feelings for me, but me not returning the feelings for them. The sexual spark is there, but nothing that makes me think "I genuinely want to spend precious time with this person."
>>Am I just fucked in the head that I can't feel anything romantically with anyone that I don't think is basically perfect?
i am a bit older than you are. in the past 4 years i've not felt any sort of love type of emotion/desire. i have not pushed my life towards that, but i have not tried to ignore any unresolved past feelings, either. with that being said i've slept with over 20 women in that time, and i've learned that i wouldn't have wanted to be in an LTR with any of those females. we clicked for the right reasons as the right times, that's all. i wouldn't stress it much, man. just go with the flow.
>>
>>17552880
No, you don't want to trade places with OP.
It's like premature ejaculation vs erectile dysfunction.
Better to cum quickly than not be able to cum at all.
>>
I'm married and still not connected that much with my wife.

Don't expect too much.
>>
>>17552277
>>Am I just fucked in the head that I can't feel anything romantically with anyone that I don't think is basically perfect?
Nobody is perfect anon. The idea that there's a perfect person for you out there ("the one", "your soulmate"), with the right virtues and the right flaws, is in my opinion a disastrous idea.

You have probably never tried living with a girlfriend, but if you did you'd find that as much as you love them, and as much as you found them perfect initially, there's a never-ending parade of defects and strange customs/habits and memes inside her head that you only get to see when they relax and they show you their more usual, uncontrolled self.

People only seem perfect when you don't know them much and fantasize about what they are like, i.e. when you have a crush on them.

I agree with >>17553555 anon that you shouldn't expect much anyway. Real-life romance is not like the romance of (most) movies and novels.

Don't be in love with a girl that does not exist, i.e. that perfect girl who's hot and loyal and cute in her manners who understands you perfectly as if she was immensely compassionate while your mind, with whom you could have the perfect marriage of sweet love and hot sex. She does not exist.

Different girls will have different defects inevitably. In fact, I'd argue that it's probably even good that you have no trouble seeing them from the start. Choose your poison.
>>
>>17553601
I forgot: and as you can imagine, answers like >>17552486 do nothing but make me shudder.
>>
>>17553601
>while your mind
while reading your mind*
>>
>>17552277
>Attracting attractive women isn't my problem
Go fuck yourself you special snowflake complainy cunt
>>
dude just fuck off, you don't need real advice. seriously, just fuck off, why are people like you even here
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 278x181px
>>17554598
>>17554629
>OP's problems aren't as bad as my problems, therefore his problems are nonexistent.
>>
>>17552277
well it seems like you have your expectations way to high for what a relationship should be. Life is not like a movie so, no, soft music won't play when you see the love of your life and you won't really know if you already met her or not.

Your problem is not connecting emotionally with people if you say that you have dated several girls, your problem is that you want to be certain that you have found "the one".
Disregard that notion immediately, the perfect girl for you doesn't exist. You will probably find someone who makes you happy, but it could be anyone really, don't obsess about it.

Just curious, how could you describe your ideal relationship?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.