[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overcoming the Westermark Effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: adulthood.jpg (48KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
adulthood.jpg
48KB, 564x564px
Women always ask me, "What's your type?" I never have a good answer. So today I sat down and made a list of the groups of traits, physical and not, that I find attractive. Going back over it, I realized something rather surprising: I had essentially described in great detail a girl who is a childhood friend of mine.

Being that she and I have known one another since we were 7 years old, I am not actually attracted to her even though I am attracted to every quality that she has and the amalgamation of those qualities. This is the Westermark effect, and it exists to prevent inbreeding. The problem is that it seems to be blocking me from actively pursuing my ideal woman in this case.

How do you overcome this? 4chan seems like the place to ask people this for some reason.
>>
Why ruin a good friendship?
>>
>>17551466

Isn't that just making friendship better?
>>
>>17551460
Realize your true feelings for her and marry her
>>
>>17551475
it changes things drastically.
your call, if you want to pursue that Change.
>>
>>17551475
I fucked a friend of mine before. It was the worst decision I'd ever made.
>>
>>17552607
He's right... Don't fuck your friend...I'm serious.

As for the other shit, I think you are reading too much into this. I can link together so many traits of all my past failed experiments, and it doesn't mean anything. It comes down to chemistry.

Furthermore, in my experience, I tend to find things easier when I quit looking for them.
>>
Nah mate, the westmark effect is bullshit and you're a dumb cunt to fall for some 100+ year old shit. Close inbreeding, especially with people you grew up with, is why traditional nations, tribes, castes, races and peoples existed at all. Why some royal families still exist even. It's through the repetition of certain genes that traits became common enough for people to unite over them into any number of social groups available. In fact, the more traditional a society is today (like Japan, North African nations) the more incest occurs. That's simply because that's how we used to do things in the past, how we're genetically programmed to think. Think about it, cousins marrying wasn't even considered an incestuous affair by your grandparent's generation.
>>
Newsflash motherfucker, you can't.

Option 1
You go after her and try to force yourself to be attracted to her

You can keep this up for a little while but eventually stray and ruin your relationship and friendship

Option 2
You wait it out, spend some time with her and you actually become attracted to her and problem solved

Option 3
Look for a bitch with those traits that makes your dick hard when you look at her
>>
>>17551460

Since when do you need a woman who is your (alleged) "perfect type?"

If you're not attracted to this girl, then that's the end of it, no matter how well she scores on your soulmate Bingo. Move on and try taking women for what and who they are rather than what you think you need.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.