[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i grew up in a very racist household. The word nigger was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1452911354962.jpg (151KB, 539x810px) Image search: [Google]
1452911354962.jpg
151KB, 539x810px
So i grew up in a very racist household. The word nigger was thrown around casually growing up by pretty much all my family. As a teenager i started realizing that hating people for no particular reason was dumb and stressful and started distancing myself from those habits.

Forward to about six months ago, and i was set up on a blind date. The girl turned out to be black. She's beautiful, smart, funny, the whole package. We got along amazingly well and have been dating ever since. I've told my family about her and we are scheduled to have dinner with them next week. They love everything i've told them about her... except i haven't told them she's black.

I don't know how they'll react and I'm not sure what to do. I know I should have told them but I for some reason have never found the opportunity. Should I say anything before getting together or just let it happen? What should I do?
>>
Date the nigger and produce some beautiful genetic abominations of mixed children OP
>>
>>17550995
Definitely say something before it happens. Tell them casually and see how they react. Chances are they'll be surprised, but if you have a normal family they'll accept it and then when she comes over she won't have to see them look stunned like "whoa not what we were expecting"

If they're actually hardcore racist and don't approve then you will have to have a stern talk with them after they vocalize it to you that it's your choice to date her and they have to accept that and can't embarrass you or put her down. If it's that bad you may consider cancelling. On the off chance you say something nasty you will have to side with your girlfriend.

But I don't know your family so you know the degree to how they'll be about it more than we do, like my dad threw the word faggot around in almost every other sentence but he wasn't homophobic or anything, just caught up on a word he didn't see as a slur. But definitely tell them, you'll at least curb the awkward "whoa didn't realize you were black" look that she'll get if you were to take her in without telling them.
>>
You should give the rents a heads up, if only for the girl's sake. If they're going to have some fucked up reaction, better if it isn't right in front of her.

That being said, I think interracial relationships are almost always a bad idea for both parties involved... but best of luck to ya
>>
>>17550995

let her know your family is racist and give her the option of continuing to date you knowing this.

it's always better to be honest in the long run, OP. tell the truth and shame the devil.

besides, a racist family isn't something you can hide for long. also: be prepared to be estranged from your family for a while because of the cocopussuy. some of them will come around after a while, and they'll treat her like an honorary white. some won't. prepare yourself for this. if she's a keeper, it won't matter, though.
>>
>>17551016
White guy/black girl relationships are the most successful ones actually.
>>
File: 1472415622841.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472415622841.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>being a coal burner
nah don't tell them, let's get spicy
>>
>>17551026
She knows, i've told her and already apologized for what I'm sure they'll say. She's actually very cool about it and says she can handle it.

I don't think they would disown me or anything, they're my family and they love me... I honestly don't really know what they'll do though.
>>
>>17551086

then, a few awkward family gatherings aside, what's the problems?

besides, even the most racist types are happy to accept individual blacks they're friendly with as honorary whites even if they see the black community as an undifferentiated mass. you'll be fine, as long as everyone is sober at family gatherings.
>>
>>17551123
Have you met many really racist people?
>>
>>17551250

>>17551250

i grew up in south africa during apartheid. does that count?
>>
>>17551016
White male + black female have the lowest divorce rate out of any coupling.
>>
>>17550995
Let it happen but you have got to warn the girl first or she will get the wrong idea about you.
>>
Is it possible for the kids to come out white in an interracial relationship like this?
>>
>>17550995
Wtf. Tell your family she's black and they need to not to throw the n-word around
>>
Btw, kudos to you op. You're a cool dude for overcoming your family's habits. GL
>>
>>17551415
Yeah, op, just waive your magic anti racist family wand, and everything will be fine. Duh.
>>
>hating niggers
>hating blacks

Two very different things op. Everyone hates niggers. Not everyone hates blacks.
>>
>>17551371
It depends, but yes it's possible
My A&P professor told us about a former student who was half-white and half-black and she had white skin and blue eyes while the rest of her siblings were a mix of the two or just full black.
>>
>>17550995
I would keep the coon in the closet as if you were gay. Maybe if you marry it then worry about the family.
>>
Is it weird that I'd delete my entire family without a second thought for bullshit like this? I don't see why 'blood' is so important to people. If they're shitbirds, they're shitbirds.

Why are you even bothering to have them meet her? Why do they matter to you?

Well I guess what would make the difference for me- are they TRULY racist, or do they just hate niggers? Because even black people hate niggers.
>>
>>17550995
wtf op
if i was her i would dump you for bringing me to a racist household to be berated by a bunch of crackers
bad move, why would you do this, just tell them and dam control now
>>
>>17552250
Are you a nigger or a black?
>>
>>17552330
You realize that it's possible to be a shitty person in one aspect of your life, but still be a loving parent, right? Cutting contact with family is not an easy thing to do.

That being said, it will probably just be an awkward dinner, go ahead and just tell them. The more you wait, the more awkward it will be. Your SO is the only family you get to pick, and is ultimately not something your parents get to decide.
>>
File: 1471077592152.jpg (27KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1471077592152.jpg
27KB, 645x773px
>>17552250
>he really believes this
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.