[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uh, is it normal for a guy to cry when you tell him you like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1920x800px
Uh, is it normal for a guy to cry when you tell him you like someone else?

My friend brought me flowers when we were hanging out eating lunch he made and after beating around the bush said he wanted to know if I feel the same way. We've been friends for as long as we can remember. I was honest.

So he just kinda put a hand to his head and cried, not sobbing or anything.

I felt bad, but I still want him to be my friend. He's really sweet but I'm not attracted to him on any level at all. I mean it's not even that he's ugly or anything it's just this other guy is so different. A completely different class of guy yknow?
>>
>>17550088

define 'normal'.

he liked you. he was devastated you turned him down.

if i were you id just ditch him. it sucks but if you stick around ur only liking him as a friend, and you only feel that friendship because of the romantic effort he puts into it. normal friends dont bring flowers and make lunch or do half hte stuff this guy does for you regularly.
>>
>>17550097
We always cook for each other, it's not special. Understand he's not the romantic sort. He'd always say that stuff was corny and lame.

The flowers were a first.
>>
>>17550154
Hey, ask him where are you two going to stand right now. Ask him if he would like to not speak to you for a while and tell him you understand and that you really appreaciate him and hope he will be for you there like you'll be for him.
Tell him it will be best the faster he becomes disenchanted with you
>>
>>17550154
He just had an wake up call and those feelings he had bottled up went booooom
>>
>>17550154
Maybe not to you, but there's a good chance those kinds of things were special to him.
>>
>>17550088
haha wtf why woul you lead a guy on so blatantly
>>
>>17550097
what this guy said

ditch him completly or else you'll only just hurt him even more
>>
>>17550169
He just wants me to leave him alone for now

I don't get the melodrama

Lots of girls want him
>>17550173
For 20 years?

Damn, I'm surprised he didn't jump me then
>>17550189
I don't lead him on

I love him, he's my buddy
>>17550190
How? He's got to stop whining eventually. Shit.

He's had a crush on me before when we were in elementary school and would hold my hand, going on about how I'm the only girl he'd ever love and marrying me one day. But he got over it in a week before drooling over some other girls. I didn't care either way.

We already talked about how chasing a girl is sad and pathetic before in college.

Then he lays this crap on me.
>>
>>17550213
yeah, you should stay away from him. You seem to have a very shallow emotional connection to him, maybe he completely misread it.

If you want him to have a chance at a normal life, don't talk to him anymore or he won't get over you.
>>
>>17550088
>it's just this other guy is so different. A completely different class of guy yknow?

how is he different? lol. im genuinely interested in what you think is so different about him
>>
>>17550213
>I love him (like a dog), he's my buddy.

This is wayyyy to obvious, can't believe all these brain dead tards gobbling up this b8
>>
>>17550088

First question: Yes its normal for human males to have sad feelings when the object of their desire does not desire them back

Second question: Yes, I know what you mean.

Your questions are simple and I have to assume the represent your mental capacity for introspection. This man likes you. How could you not understand that he would have sad feels when he learned you didnt like him? Seriously, how do you not come to that conclusion by yourself?
>>
>>17550088
OP, you can be his friend. Help him out by telling him to man up. Tell him honestly why you find him undatable to you. Keep it real. Be honest with him and yourself, some women don't see guy friends as real men because of how they act around them. I let my female friends know from day one that I'm not one of thier girlfriends, and would not hesitate to fuck the stupid.
>>
>>17550258
>shallow
Get the fuck out

He's family to me

And you're implying I'm manipulating him
>>17550268
He's really mysterious, and just has this vibe about him. Like he's the coolest guy ever and Isn't trying. He doesn't smile much and when he does it's like this smirk...

It's like, with my friend I'm like bantering with my brother.

With this guy there's so much sexual tension I can't stand it. He actually flusters me.
>>17550280
>like a dog
It's time to stop posting

People don't spend every Christmas with their dog, make up languages with their dogs, take vacations with their dogs, battle illness with their dogs, study with their dogs to go to the same university, spend summer nights catching fireflies with their dogs, get arrested with their dogs, work with their dogs, get over breakups with their dogs, drive halfway across the country to care for their dogs, etc etc

Prick
>>17550287
I love him more than my parents, but I don't love him romantically

Everyone gets over a crush eventually, yes? I hold him to a high standard of maturity because I respect him

>>17550358
A bit coarse don't you think?
>>
>>17550572
>He's really mysterious, and just has this vibe about him. Like he's the coolest guy ever and Isn't trying. He doesn't smile much and when he does it's like this smirk...

hahahahaha. he sounds edgy as fuck. you talk about him like he is an anime character or something. he is probably just a completely normal person but slightly different than other due to insecurities or something. the fact you like him for this reason reflects how childish you are. girls sometimes think im mysterious but i really just dont know what to say.
>>
>>17550603
I'm just describing sexual attraction here

I don't think he's interesting or deep yet

He just gets me going
>>
>>17550639
so what you're basically saying is that you like him more than the guy in your op because you find him sexually attractive. this will die off sooner or later, and you have fucked him off for someone you know you get on with. you might not even like this guy once you get to know him. bloody ell
>>
>>17550572
Things will change once that "mystery" fades away. I wouldn't invest too much into Mr. Mysterious.

Also fuck all you guys, I love dogs and have treated every one of them like a member of my family.
>>
>>17550088
i think any guy would cry if you told him you dont like him anymore, to his face or online.
>>
>>17550652
So you think people should only have sex with people they're not physically attracted to?

If it makes you feel better my best friend and I did fuck a bunch of times when we were frisky teenagers.

But I'm sure you married the first person you fucked, right? I can't give someone else a chance?
>>17550657
Who knows?
>>
>>17550672
Okay wait, so you had no problem fucking this guy when younger, you get along with him fantastically, but you don't want to commit to him because some other piece of ass gets you hornier? What the fuck woman.
>>
>>17550672
thats not the point. its the fact you're making sacrifices based entirely on a sexual attraction. there is more to a relationship than sex. you should at least get to know the guy before you you cut ties with someone who clearly think alot of you.
>>
>>17550572
Nah he needs tough love. He will respect you for it, and to be honest a woman giving this kind of advice is priceless. You have his best intrests at heart. Since you can't be his lover be a good friend to him and straightn him out. Help turn him into a datable man other women dream of.
>>
>>17550088
this is how sociopaths are created
>>
>>17550657
this nigga gets it
>>
You have every right to not have feelings for your friend and he has every right to feel the way he does.

He could have been more straight forward about his emotions however to avoid this mess. Women and men deal with emotions differently, you have to understand that. Men usually prefer to cut women who don't return their affection.
>>
>>17550572
Listen here Anon. All these people responding to you: butthurts

Its the way your friend is going to feel over all this in a uncertainly near future. The best you can do is speak with him, talk things clear and try to reamin as united as you always have been. Also, dont close that door, nor say never. Im not telling you to give him false hope, never do that, but who knows if he isnt the guy that you are going to fell in love with in some time.

EXPLAIN YOURSELF WITH HIM, MAKE THINGS CLEAR, REMAIN CALM AND AVOID ARGUING OR HURTING HIM.
>>
>>17550154
>We always cook for each other, it's not special
Women are terrifying.
>>
>>17550213
>I don't get the melodrama
It would be unreasonable to expect you to just "turn on" romantic feelings for him, as though that could be done as quickly and effortlessly as flipping a switch. Human emotion simply does not work that way.

For exactly those same reasons, however, it is equally unreasonable to expect him to "turn off" his romantic feelings for you. Once again, human emotion is not a lightswitch. It takes time and distance for feelings like this to cool. He has asked for no-contact so that he can establish that distance. This is normal. Without it, your continued presence would only reopen the wounds, keeping the pain fresh and making it harder for him to let go.

He needs space. Please respect that.
>>
>>17550672
>If it makes you feel better my best friend and I did fuck a bunch of times when we were frisky teenagers
>If it makes you feel better my best friend and I did fuck a bunch of times when we were frisky teenagers
I feel bad for him.
>>
>>17550572
>People don't spend every Christmas with their dog, make up languages with their dogs, take vacations with their dogs, battle illness with their dogs, study with their dogs to go to the same university, spend summer nights catching fireflies with their dogs, get arrested with their dogs, work with their dogs, get over breakups with their dogs, drive halfway across the country to care for their dogs, etc etc

they do
you just have a shitty dog
>>
>>17550841
It's not just women.

People genuinly fucking scare me.
>>
>>17550182
fucking THIS.

OP do the right thing and tell the guy you have no appreciation for anything he did for you and cut him loose. Love is a retarded thing and he may delude himself into thinking it will work one day but honestly a person like you should not associate with a person like him. You're just two different breeds and people need to stick to their own kind.
>>
>>17550672
>If it makes you feel better my best friend and I did fuck a bunch of times when we were frisky teenagers.
that's some very weird friendship you got going there. lot of mixed signals.
>>
I relate to the very first post, but not the other details later in the thread.

I asked out this girl I had a crush on for over a year, and she knew it too. It was like the third time I asked her out and I started crying because I could already see her answer from the way she was looking at me; it was super embarrassing. She just didn't see me like that.

Later on I wanted to talk to her about how I was becoming suicidal after she decided it was a good time to take a break from each other, but she walked out while I was talking.

I never turned into some psychopath or anything, and we're best friends again, but I really recommend just being there for him since he's your friend, but also making sure he knows that you still don't see him that way.
>>
>>17552633
> lot of mixed signals.

haha fucking right

Is there one woman on this fucking board who doesn't have shit for brains ? cause OP clearly does
>>
>>17550154
>We always cook for each other, it's not special.

... it is though.

I don't see how you don't think, "Oh well we cooked for each other, that's no big deal!"

Of course it is. You saw nothing in it cause you're being retarded and only liked him as a friend. You allowing this as friends fucking lead the poor fucker on.

I don't see how you've somehow deluded yourself into believing he didn't find anything in that.

To top it all off, instead of just saying, "No, I'm sorry" you tell him you like someone else better instead, and see that guy as superior to a guy who fucking did guy-intimate shit as you.

"He's just on another level, you know?"

No, honestly. I'd rather be told you're a lesbian than be told you like my friend better because of some bullshit imaginary reason such as "On another level."

OP, you're essentially a giant asshole to this guy and this comment genuinely shows you had no idea.
>>
>>17550213
>I love him, he's my buddy

This is what people are saying OP.

"I love him, he's my buddy"

No, you LIKE him. If you LOVED him, you'd have said, "Yes I have feelings for you too".

You have like no emotional connection to him and in his mind you two were probably deep friends.

That's how I felt with my first rejection, girl acted exactly like you.
>>
File: 1429113878542.png (1MB, 633x972px) Image search: [Google]
1429113878542.png
1MB, 633x972px
>>17550213
>Lots of girls want him
But he wanted you. Now he wants some time alone so he can deal with those emotions and get past them.

I mean this guy seems to be handling it pretty well considering how bummed out he was. He wants some time to sort out his emotions, its not like he's being a dick about it. Emotions arent really things you can just turn on and off. All you can really do is approach them in a mature manner.

>>17550672
>If it makes you feel better my best friend and I did fuck a bunch of times when we were frisky teenagers.
Jesus christ. No wonder his emotions are so mixed.
>>
>>17550154
Why are women so fucking autistic when it comes to men? I thought they were meant to have higher social intelligence or some such bollocks.
>>
Hey OP. You didn't lead him on. I've been thru the same thing in his position, tho my feelings were never explicitly expressed. I just had a mini breakdown when my best friend got a bf. People get attached in different ways. I got over those feelings completely after giving both of us some space, now it's fine and we're back to being best friends. Just let him have some time and space to figure it out.
>>
women are so unbelievably stupid especially Op

use your fucking brain
>>
I wish I would vote this for the most beta thread of the day.

You pussy ass motherfuckers always say you want a girl to be honest and would rather have them tell you no than beat around the bush.

A girl does just that and get crucified?

Lol.

You did good OP, but accept the fact that he has a hard on for you and you will never be "just friends". Guys are not wired that way, neither are most women. So either accept that he will always have a thing for you or accept the fact that you need a new friend.
>>
>be friends with a girl
>always joke around
>spend x-mass
>take vacations together
>go to same university and study together
>fucking COOk for each other
>actually fucked a couple times in the past

I bring her flowers to our dinner together
>Yeah umm you know I would rather fuck the other """""myterious""""" guym you are like a family to me

ofc he needs time alone, getting a gun permit may take a while depending on the country
>>
>>17550779
What's the problem with that? Sociopaths are what get women going... At least the guy will be drowning in pussy.
>>
Its good you did whats best for you.

Earlier rather than later is a better time for someone to tear his heart out and smash it. You sound like a decent person.

Realistically, this other guy do the same to you. ;) It is part of growing up.
>>
>>17552688

Nah, the way she did it and the way she legitimately thought the special shit the guy obviously did with and for her was nothing is what's wrong with OP.

She's literally autistic and insane, the guy cried because he liked her a lot, and she literally shit on everything he's ever done for her, and then to top it all off, she tells him she likes another dude because he's "3dgy nd myst3r10us!1!!1"
>>
>>17552703
So she was supposed to do what?
Date this kid she does not like just because he wanted some?
>>
>>17552646
How did you became friends again?
>>
>>17552693
So much this. Women are really autistic, per they are just plain evil.
>>
>>17552707
Arguably, we all want some. There can be serious disjunct between the real world and the world handed down to us by our parents.
>>
>>17552712
So basically, she said we needed to stop being friends for a while. Depression increased for a month to the point where I broke down while biking to school, which was when I realized I needed to say something to her.
That's when she walked out on me, while I was saying to her that I've been a huge mess and all I want to do is be friends again. From the shock of having this happen I got over the depression and became really angry with her, even though we didn't talk.

Eventually I noticed that my anger was becoming pretty unhealthy so I decided to forgive her, and then tried talking with her again at a track meet. After a few more times of seeing each other at school again, I texted her again, and so on to the point to where we're good friends again, even to the point of her talking about how our mutual friend likes her (it won't work out for this guy but he doesn't listen; she's really not ready for a relationship).
>>
>>17552707
No, be less of an autist and read the signs, or if damage it's done, love up to it and let him down gently.
>>
>>17552707
>So she was supposed to do what?
Be more aware would be a good starting point. The guy made a lot of fuck ups too, there's no getting around that. But she has her head way up her ass.

With any luck both of them will take some lessons from this and move forward.
>>
>>17552726
How do you know she's not ready for a relationship?
>>
>>17552707
no, but not bringing up the other guy would have been nice.
that's really rubbing salt into the wound.
>>
>>17552732
She's one of those innocent, nice and kinda quiet girls, so I'm pretty sure she means it when she told me that earlier. Plus she actually told me she's not ready for one and won't go out with our friend (which to me makes no sense since she's 17 now), but to each their own I guess.

I kinda feel bad for our friend now because he's literally in the same boat I was in and now I'm just watching him do the same stuff, which is really weird to experience. I'm like getting a third-person view of what I was doing.
>>
>>17552739
Why did she reject you? Same reason?
>>
Yeah I think it was the same reason. She once said she was scared that she might be a lesbian or something (since she's pretty Christian; I mean I am too and we both are fine with gay rights and whatnot). I feel like maybe she's just late to the emotional-maturity party if that makes sense.
>>
>>17552742
And when I mean she's scared she might be a lesbian, she just meant that she's probably just scared that she might not like guys or something. She would've told me if she actually had feelings for another girl or something.
>>
>>17552752
That's different from op. Op likes guys, just not him guy. She likes to be alone, or just haven't met the right guy.
>>
>>17552763
Yeah that's true. I guess it was kind of a similar situation for OP's friend but it must be far worse for him since OP has done relationship stuff before.
>>
>>17552752
Also, it's not emotional maturity if she's OK being without a relationship. If she was playing with people's heads that would be.
>>
>>17552765
Right right.
>>
>>17552765
>>17552758
If she's very Christian, it can be that she's been guilt tripped and social pressured into really picking her guy. Girls like her remain naive and will fall for a guy who knows what to say to make her wet.
>>
>>17552789
Yeah that could be it. But at the same time the situation between her and our friend is way more confusing than it was with me. The entire track team, including her, knows that the guy likes her, and her close friends know that she doesn't want to go out with him.

Oh crap, it could also be her parents. I asked her to see the school play, and all of a sudden I show up and her parents are there too. They sat right behind us the entire time, and her sister sat on my other side. Needless to say it could've turned out a lot better.
>>
>>17552798
Man up.
>>
>>17550088
>Uh, is it normal for a guy to cry when you tell him you like someone else?
I would think it's normal for anyone. not everybody will do it, but I certainly wouldn't think it odd. guys are human too.
>>
>>17550672

Is this the USA holy fuck man
>>
Patriarchy is really fucked up.
There's nothing wrong with a person crying when their feelings are hurt.
>>
>>17553028
Other than being judged as a pussy, posted on facebook, and laughed at.
>>
>>17553030
????
It's still not wrong. People are messed up and disgusting though, I'm sorry you had to go through that/had to see someone go through that.
>>
>>17553037
Yes it is. It may not be in theory, but in practice if you want to get any respect, it's one of the most horrible things you can commit.
>>
>>17553109
People won't respect you until you're on top of them, and even then they often won't.
Bottling your feelings is how you develop mental illnesses, too. Goddamn crying isn't on the same level of stealing or murdering someone, get it out of your mind.
>>
>>17553120
Morally not. In practice if you are good at lying, stealing, manipulating, and cheating, you have a good chance to run for office...

If you cry, you'll get pissed upon.

The solution is not to bottle up your feelings, just don't show them openly to people who you can't trust with your feelings, and always have a plan b.
>>
>>17552664

/thread.
>>
Holy fuck what a faggot. No, it's not normal, he's way too emotional and hung up on you. I can understand crying because the person you like doesn't like you back (well I understand teens and young adults doing it. After that it becomes ridiculous), but starting to cry like a bitch in public, in front of the girl that just rejected you is clearly not normal. Your friend needs some self control. And you should stay away from him, he obviously has very strong feelings for you and spending time with him will only make him unable to let go of those feelings.

>>17553028
piss off faggot, there's a difference between expressing your emotions and being overly-sensitive. If you're an adult who hadn't learned how to deal with rejection by now there's something off with you. There are a few excuses to cry in public, but having a person tell you they don't like you romantically is not one of those excuses.
Being emotional is fine, to some extent, but not being able to control it at all is not.
>>
>>17550572
>I'm a 16 year old girl and haven't realized that the nice guys are always gonna be better
Listen as a grill too I'm telling you you're making mistake by going for guy you like just cause he's mysterious
>>
>>17554266
>nice guys better
When they are not busy being passive aggressive, or not getting any signs and boring you to death with their awkwardness and autism.
>>
>>17554274
Well the guy that OP mentions sounds like genuinely good guy... Also just cause someone is nice doesn't mean they're awkward
>>
>>17554284
What is nice to you? Op's guy someone who's very kind, but a bit socially retarded, and someone who is kind of a doormat. Guys like him are boring and not sexy.
>>
>>17554294
Nice to me is when the guy cares about my interests and when he actively goes out his way to be me with me and do things with me .. You obviously have to grow up too if you think a relationship is based on on how "sexy" a person is, sure attractiveness is pretty important, but if that's all you care about then the relationship is going to be over in 6 months.
>>
>>17554308
Isn't *
>>
>>17554308
No, it's not only about how sexy he is, but there must be physical attraction. What is more important that he's boring. All the care and catering makes him more of a slave than a spouse. Without leadership, creativity, and confidence, he can be as caring as he wants, he won't be a person who can be interesting long term.
>>
>>17554334
I don't understand you seem to think that a guy being nice means that he's automatically a beta and boring .. A nice guy can be confident funny and creative and all those things and still care about you on a emotional level
>>
OP I'm curious as to your thoughts on how stupid you handled this.
>>
>>17554334
>All the care and catering makes him more of a slave
r9k having a field-trip to other boards today?
>>
>>17550088
>beta orbuter turned
> in favour of Chad
>he makes her feel things
The red pill is real
>>
>>17554348
>>17554472
Sorry, but guys need to be somewhat dicks to be attractive. There is no /r9k/ in this.
>>
>>17554348
How do you know Op's guy isn't someone who cares about her? She practically knows nothing about him.
>>
>>17554509
>There is no /r9k/ in this.
Oh, please. It's /r9k/ defined: just a creep who can't handle the idea of being to blame for pushing women away, so he blames the people who are trying to help him.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.