[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This may not be the best place to discuss, but frankly I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (13KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 290x174px
This may not be the best place to discuss, but frankly I don't know where else to turn. I realize that some of you are NEETS or young in age, so I'm hoping for some responses or insight from fellow oldfags like myself.

In a nutshell, I am depressed. I am a 30 year old man with a solid, white collar career. I have a good woman who loves me, and I get paid fairly well for what I do. I do not hold much debt, aside from my cheap home mortgage.

The issue is, I fucking hate my job. I hate the industry, I hate the politics, I hate wearing a monkey suit to work everyday, I hate my rich prick of a boss. I am sick of going through the motions. The only thing that brings me joy from this career path is the paycheck.

I want out. I can't live like this anymore. I feel like I'm in Office Space - playing political games in the office, dealing with the drooling morons in that setting daily, doing multiple tasks that do not provide any real value to society as a whole. I am very small cog in a large machine whose sole purpose is to profit as much as humanely possible, at really whatever cost. What I do for 50 hours a week achieves absolutely nothing except for filling the already loaded pockets of a couple of individuals.

Where do I go bros? What do I do? I have enough of an "oh shit" fund to last a few months, that's about it. Luckily I don't have children, and my woman is pretty supportive. She just wants me to be happy.

Is it too late for me to pick up a trade? I've always wanted to be an electrician. I'm intelligent enough, and worked construction for a few years. I've always heard Journeyman and up can do pretty well.

Have any of you made a huge decision that impacted your career/finances/etc? I'd love to hear from you.

tl;dr oldfag hates his soul sucking corporate job and wants to make a big life change but is too big of a pussy to do something about it
>>
I hate the thought of someone living like this. I'm glad you have (what sounds like) and awesome woman that's got your back. Many aren't so lucky.

The answer?
Yes YES think about what you want and start making plans. You can ALWAYS get back into the corporate ratrace. I'm 27 and decided a year ago I was going to stop visiting NYC and move there. Why? BECAUSE. I didn't go about it like a dumbass. I paid all my debts, got additional certifications, hunted for jobs and apartments, and moved my life. Best decision ever, loving it here.

Start getting things in order now OP. Working that soulless 50 hours will feel a lot better when you're working towards getting out.
>>
>>17550059
Dude... literally same age, job, situation as yourself.

I know what you mean tho.

Sometimes I think about leaving my office job and taking up some sort of trade like welding. I picture myself, with some grand landscape at my back, breeze in the air, building infrastructure.

I guess my hope is one day I will make enough where I can take up a hobby and travel.

Sit tight tho...30 isnt old at all (when you hang on 4chan, you feel old)
>>
>>17550059

I dropped out of highschool in the final year and later on got apprenticed as a proces operator and now work at a large heavy industry plant

Best
Decision
Ever

I could never be a pencil pusher again, I like working with my hands and seeing REAL results from REAL work, even if it is sometimes dirty, dangerous or loud.

Switch to a trade, you won't regret it, and starting late is a boon as you won't be worn out as fast as those who apprenticed when they were 16
>>
>>17550059
What do you want to do?

25 year old here. It only takes 12 years for a doctorate so I wouldn't be sweating time,. Life is short but not that short as long as you're exploring.
>>
>>17550824
>wilfully becoming a human assembly robot

Top kek, cant wait until i go corporate
>>
>>17550881

> assembly robot

It's not that kind of factory, I sit in a comfy leather chair in a control room half the time and manage two production lines via a host of screens and even a couple of manual twisting buttons, the other half of the time I go outside and supervise the fully automated production line and make sure stuff isn't going haywire, make samples of the product and drive trucks and frontloaders. + some amounts of cleaning work.

Keeps me strong, keeps me active, the control room duty is fairly taxing on the mind as you have to make adjustments constantly for optimum product and you need to stay focused to stay on top of all the elements of the production line to make sure everything is going as planned.

Having an office job, where 50% of the time is devoted to looking devoted while browsing facebook or 4chan, sounds just like going to school: boring and soulcrushing as fuck.
>>
>>17550895
>School is boring and soul-crushing

If you're a neanderthal that doesn't enjoy learning, sure.
>>
>>17550906

I used to enjoy it, but when classes consist of disruptive morons, where group assignments turn to shit and you get shitty grades because others don't pull their load, when you have bad teachers, when app 70% of the class was playing world of warcraft at one time, then I really really lost the will to take it seriously

+ too much weed and a fair amount of family problems

Regardless, my present course is golden solid, I will be Plant Manager within 15 years if this goes on, they promoted me to team leader 1 year after my apprenticeship ended

Besides, you don't have to go to school to learn
And
Me, in a suit? Never. I'd rather be the big boss in jeans and tshirt rather than the underling in suit and tie
>>
>>17550059
If there's room to be promoted and double and triple your salary, stay there and grind it out.

There's a group of us who hate our jobs, and only do it for the paycheck. It's called "Everyone" and we meet at the bar.
>>
>>17550810
I've been watching some welders for weeks. They're in a pit in a hole where a skyscraper is going to be. They've been there for weeks. It's 120 degrees. They're sweating like pigs.
>>
>>17550059
I am so jealous of your life with the good meaning of course. Me and my gf are jobless,in the age of 30, because of crisis. I wish we had a job like yours so we could live together,marry etc..
Anyway,don't rush and keep your work until you find the next one,which will be better for you and make you glad
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.