[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gf and I arguing a lot lately, my stress?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: quote1.jpg (64KB, 554x388px) Image search: [Google]
quote1.jpg
64KB, 554x388px
Hey /adv/,
>Times have been difficult lately for both my gf and I
>I have ~65 hours of work a week, financial issues, etc.
>We have been arguing frequently, but the topic is always what she is doing wrong
>I have had 6+ arguments with her in the past 2 months about things she should change
>feel bad everytime, but think it's necessary to improve our relationship
>shes starting to get really down about it all
>but I can't stop finding things wrong
>am I too stressed and overreacting, or is my girlfriend difficult

Some things i've brought up.
>Withholding the fact that her sex drive has plummeted, even after asking many times over the course of 2 months
>Snarky jokes that are impossible to tell if they're jokes
>More jokes on how easy my life is
>Getting heated and angry during a conversation very easily
>In general not communicating

We've been together for 2 years, and have worked passed most of the communication issues I had thought. We live together.
>>
Okay, first, let me apologize in advance fr my wall of text, but here it goes...

When you live with someone, even the smallest of things they do can become annoying to you, including their quirks, even if you love the cute things they do. And it's not necessarily because you're tired of the other person, you've clearly got a LOT on your plate, and she isn't realizing that.
It's the reason why my fiance and I argued a lot before recently. Now we're doing great but before, I was such a brat. Always complaining I never got to see him, because he went to school and work, and I just worked, so I ended up actually switching my shits to see him more and help him study for his nursing boards which was a tremendous relief for us both, I'd never let him go through anything alone, and your gf shouldn't either.
She also needs to understand that you're stressed from working so much, and needs to sit down with you and understand how her acting the way she does is really making your life hard. I don't think she understands the impact that she's having on you.
You really need to let her know, sit her down, explain that you can't have her acting like this, and if she love you, that she'll try to relax for you and be your partner, not someone trying to push you away from her.
As for the sex drive, I'm not sure anything can really be done about that. Stress will do that to people, and after you move in together, you usually both have so many other things to do that sex becomes the least important of them all, BUT...
what you can do, is discuss before hand when a good time for the both of you would be for some quality love making time. It may be hard to squeeze in, but it's very much possible, and will make the two of you feel much closer together.
Take some time off of work if you have to, for atleast a day or so, to just spend a day to relax with her and do things the two of you love doing together. Explain to your boss how much stress your under, I can assure you they will
>>
(sorry, last post was too long lol.)
understand where you're coming from. A happy person makes a happy employee as well. You will perform better at work and you will have a better relationship.
Just tell her how you're feeling, ask her to hear you out. You can do it, anon. My fiance and I did it, you can too.
>>
>>17549932

thats such a bullshit quote. they were born in a time where divorcing was not an option.
>>
>>17549954
Thanks, this is good advice. The problem I have is I have sat her down and tried to explain it, but each time I explain it it's something particular, and then the next time I sit her down it's about something else particular. She doesn't get the whole picture that it's just communication. I don't need sex, I love her, so that's fine. But sitting her down and telling her what she's doing is going to drive even more guilt into her. She has chronic depression. But I will have to really really sit her down and emphasize the importance. Thanks again!
>>
>>17549959
Just some shit I found that was relevant.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.