[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living literally next to home, worth or bad idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: hellfire.jpg (23KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
hellfire.jpg
23KB, 400x267px
So, here's the thing, I moved a few months ago to this house in suburbs, really big comfortable and stuff. I never checked through my window cuz I see my garden and street, literally from my window I can see the entrance of a parking lot and a big company, Google it and it's a printing company, next to it there's a TV channel and a pharmaceutical.

I lost my job on downtown last week. So I was thinking about going to the of these companies, but they're so literally close from my house it's weird or not at all?

I was reading this https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/living-near-work-weird/56265/25

really enthusiastic until I saw this post..

>Close is one thing, living SO close to where you work that when you go home you literally are still there- that's weird.

>In other words, if your gf comes over to visit and she can look out your window and see your office/cubicle/whatever, that's weird.

>If your boss works late and on his way out can look across and see you getting your mail- that's weird.

>If, when you show up late for work one morning(cause that's how you roll), your co-workers can all look out the front door and see you coming out of YOUR front door- that's weird.

>If the delivery person rings your door, you open it and look at the item and say "no, that's supposed to be delivered to me...at work" and can POINT to where you work- that's weird.

So that's it, what fucking do, it's not like I'm going to bluff I literally live In front of the company, but still.

What do?
Tl:Dr found a nice job, but it's literally crossing the street from my home, I can see everything there from the window in my room, weird or golden opportunity?
>>
I fucked up the title, it was living next to work
>>
>>17548750
how is that a bad idea at all?

Just don't piss anybody off to the point they'd want to damage you or your property and it works out great.
>>
>>17548750

thats convenient.

you can sleep in til the very last minute. you never have to worry about traffic.

do it anon. who cares if he sees you get your mail. just have curtains.
>>
File: IMG_20160909_024330.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160909_024330.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>17548763
I don't know, you tell me, it's fucking 2:42am and check it out, this photo is literally from my bed, the parking lot light even bothers me.

Also I don't know what to exactly say in the interview, of course I won't say "hey I live across the street" but when HR checks my Cv address they will raise a eyebrow or something.
>>
>>17548787

raise an eyebrow implies suspicion or concern. they will just say 'oh hey, you live in the neighborhood' and that will be that.

you're worrying about this for no reason. the light bugs you anyways so perfect excuse to get a curtain
>>
>>17548750
My favorite jobs have all been a stone's throw away from my home because it made things so convenient. Even living down the street from my job, I'd sometimes consider moving even closer just because.

I've also met small business owners and employees that have rented apartments within the same buildings as their jobs, though I understand why you'd think that's different.

Still, what's weird to me is that you would even consider living "too close" to a potential job as a downside.
>>
File: 1462952822719.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1462952822719.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>17548803
I don't know been working 10 years in it field and always took 1-2 hours commutes, it's a new world for me.

Also I need to get this job first, idk if just send the CV via email to HR department, or go in shirt and suit to the guard post and let me contact somebody personally, but isn't that weird?

If I leave the letter right there the guard might trash it.

Honestly I always got the jobs via online job listing. So I really don't know how to do it this time

>>17548799
I have a curtain already, and works.
>>
>>17548821

imagine having 2 to 4 hours of free time a day cuz you just go the fuck home.

imagine not even having to worry about waking up early cuz its right fucking there.

the only sucky part is playing sick might be hard or even impossible. i mean you could pla ysick to stay home, but to leave you might get caught
>>
>>17548824
And if you're late blaming it on bad traffic isn't going to cut it.

But you shouldn't be playing hooky or showing up late anyway.
>>
>>17548750
Dammit op that sounds awesome. You can come in right before work and be at home as soon as you are finished. What's not to love about it?
>>
File: Big_Boss_Evans.jpg (78KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Boss_Evans.jpg
78KB, 1200x675px
>>17548836
>>17548824
I've decided then, il arrange my Cv and submit to that job, hopefully I get an interview. I really don't want to fuck it up. What if I spill pasta?

Thanks guise

>>17548847
I'm really "hermit for my stuff" not much of having friends and soc, pretty much hifumi. Maybe im just really insecure.

Also every time I want to fap I have to close the fucking curtains
>>
It's 100% worth
Hell I used to live literally right above where I worked, but in the very same building.
It was awesome.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.